Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

Soarer posted:

Not quite, they are arguing that the school had nothing to do with her trauma and thus should not be libel for paying her for it.

It is the way in which they are arguing that I take offense to, not the fact that they are arguing that they should not be liable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
this getting embarassing like i cant read anymore :(

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Mercrom posted:

That's not the reason. The reason is because adults don't manipulate children into murdering them.

what about the guy who put a knife to his chest and yelled at his son until he pushed the knife into the dad's chest.

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

1gnoirents posted:

this getting embarassing like i cant read anymore :(

I'm sorry that this thread has offended your delicate sensibilities.

Apparently you have a ban for posting a link to: http://fatisbeautiful.freeforums.net/

So yeah...

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

LethalGeek posted:

Goons try way too hard to get outraged about teenage-adult sex to show how not-pedo they are.

how else will people tell me apart from the mods

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Cardiovorax posted:

It's not, because her willingness still doesn't matter at any point. The act is illegal, how anyone involved felt about it is immaterial. If the school knew about it or had suspicions and didn't do anything, they were covering for a rapist, because that's what the law says he is. Their defense is to "argue she bore some of the responsibility" because of her sexual history, as if responsibility was what mattered there, not that they had no way of knowing because she covered on her own end, too. That really says everything you need to know.

So yeah, it's not a stretch in the slightest.

They brought up her "sexual history," whatever that means.

Didn't you gently caress some married dude when you were 15 and vehemently defend the whole thing as fundamentally acceptable because you wanted it? Lol

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
poo poo and piss

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

Apthous posted:

I'm sorry that this thread has offended your delicate sensibilities.

Apparently you have a ban for posting a link to: http://fatisbeautiful.freeforums.net/

So yeah...

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

guys hes an ebophile that means its okay :thumbsup:

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
:siren: GIANT poo poo AND PISS STREAM COMING OUT OF MY rear end in a top hat AND PENIS AT THIS MOMENT :siren:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Top City Homo posted:

:siren: GIANT poo poo AND PISS STREAM COMING OUT OF MY rear end in a top hat AND PENIS AT THIS MOMENT :siren:
youd better get yourself to the potty mister!!!

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Jesus people. The only thing the defense needs to ascertain is whether or not the school administrators were aware of what was going on. Everything else is irrelevant.

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

WorldsStrongestNerd posted:

Jesus people. The only thing the defense needs to ascertain is whether or not the school administrators were aware of what was going on. Everything else is irrelevant.

I agree. Therefore resorting to bringing up her sexually history is unnecessary.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

WorldsStrongestNerd posted:

actually no its whether the teacher is a pedophle or a hebrewphile. if its the latter he gets off scotch free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
God I hate pedophiles.

• Locked thread