Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which NBA team could UK probably beat?
This poll is closed.
Lakers 7 10.14%
Sixers 11 15.94%
Nuggets 1 1.45%
None of them, this is the stupidest ESPN meme ever 50 72.46%
Total: 63 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Coco13 posted:

Announcing press conferences without giving a reason this early in the season generally indicates something good or cool - renaming something, big money donation, cool future non conference opponent.

Don't hold it against me if I'm wrong SA2K :(

It's to address Steve Fisher's future. He's in the last year of a four year deal.

Please be announcing a contract extension :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Regnevelc posted:

The dude is 70, he may be retiring.

He said he's open to staying beyond this season, and with the recruiting classes we've got coming in and the new practice facility set to be done this year, my guess is they're gonna announce a three year extension.

I also don't know what the point of announcing his retirement two games into the season would be.

Coach forever, Steve Fisher

a neat cape fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Nov 19, 2014

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Per sources at SDSU, Steve Fisher has agreed to a new three year deal that will take him through the 2017-2018 season.

I am so happy

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

SDSU plays Cal State Bakersfield tomorrow in a tuneup for the Maui Invitational next week, and in doing so will go for their 43rd straight win over a D1 team from California.

Can't wait for my first game of the season :)

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

stimpy posted:

that's one of the more oddly specific records I've seen.

SDSU is also 121-0 in its last 121 games in which they had the lead with 5 minutes left in the game :eng101:

(The announcers bring this up every game)

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Thoguh posted:

That's a very baseball-esque stat.

What's their free throw percentage on odd numbered Thursdays?

Same as every other day: Bad

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

SDSU shot 24% from the field, 3-24 from 3, and 70% from the free throw line.

And won 51-27.

If this team could shoot at ALL, they'd be a serious force to be reckoned with

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

thompson posted:

BYU/SDSU and Western Michigan/San Diego today. Big RPI day for the San Diego schools, although one of us will make the tournament and the other will surely make the CBI. Woot!

First time we've played BYU since the Kawhi/Jimmer teams.

God I hate BYU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

SDSU withstood Haws making literally every three he took and survived a 92-87 double OT win, and will take on Pitt tonight.

My lord, death to BYU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

thompson posted:

I don't think they even have Mika right now (mission?). That team of 40 year Olds is always tough. Just one more year of Haws and then I'm sure they'll spawn another one.

They don't loving age. Haws was on the team when Jimmer was a JUNIOR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Good News: Arizona beat SDSU.

SDSU-Arizona is the best out-of-conference basketball rivalry this side of the Mississippi. Seriously, it should be played every year, and SDSU is probably better than any of Arizona's conference opponents. It's also in San Diego, which is where all Tucsonans take vacations.

It's not a rivalry until we can win a couple of them.

We've been so close :(

But yeah I love watching the two teams play. I think both teams have a lot of respect for each other and both teams benefit from playing the game

• Locked thread