Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

this is an educated crowd folks

i like it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
this is the perfect time for this fight, I really think it is

but Mark Hunt didn't have as much time to train as he should have

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Well that just replaced the Anderson leg break for the grossest thing I've seen in MMA, I think.

and that includes Romero making GBS threads his pants, which I was fine with.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Tezcatlipoca posted:

It is always strange to see someone celebrating as if they just knocked someone out when there is a weird injury stoppage like that.

nah winning is winning. for us watching it's a weird ending to a fight but for the fighter it's walking away with a win after living through hell for 8+ weeks and being in a fight.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Belle Isle Tech posted:

I'm glad the UFC is giving us an intermission so we can all go watch Melvin Guillard and Yushin Okami both lose hilariously

nah Aguilar fight is going on forever, will continue going on forever

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

I hope Chris Heatherly goes undefeated and never changes that expression

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Tyree posted:

Why do they keep bringing up cardio and the altitude? Hunt fought bigfoot 5 rounds, and he fought rothwell at high altitude. He didn't gas in either fight.

he also didn't have to cut a flyweight from his body in 3 weeks for either of those fights

Lloyd Boner posted:

lol I cant believe this fight is on PPV

to be fair the original card with Diego/Lauzon and Erik Perez was much better. UFC tried to give this PPV a pretty decent card and then of course it fell apart because all 2014 PPVs have

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

cool submission

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

that was an appropriate stoppage but it was weird to just get stopped by knees hitting your butt and forearms. he should have just ran

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

squarerandom posted:

Fight of the Night about to happen.

I like your enthusiasm but the co-main or main should deliver more. I'd be shocked if Hunt vs Werdum is a bad fight.

Bubba Smith fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Nov 16, 2014

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Great win.

And Dana White thanks you for making it easier to sell Conor as the next contender.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

attackmole posted:

Maaaan, this is a good fight, but I'm worried for Jake if he loses this. Three fight losing streaks are a bad sign.

he'll be okay unless he looks very lovely. The 2nd fight was a loss to Robbie in a fight he stepped up for. and UFC wants Kelvin to be the next TUF star to actually do something meaningful so it will be okay.

Jake has also been a UFC fighter for a while. Usually you're given more of a chance when you've had 10+ UFC fights, like ol Jake E has.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Kelvin took too many hits in the Story fight and I figured Jake would land some good shots on him too. Thankfully Kelvin managed to take the fight to the ground before things got out of hand.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

drat Kelvin is tough as gently caress

and a sweet sub too

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Rory might be the only guy to beat Kelvin because he's too autistic for a cool guy like Kelvin. Otherwise go ahead and give me Kelvin vs the rest of the ranked guys at this point. He's ready.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Kelvin is so loving great. Has anyone in UFC history developed so quickly? In less than two years he went from underdog on TUF to storming the top 10 of a tough division.

TJ Dillashaw, sort of. Losing to Dodson only happened less than 3 years before he took the championship from a guy everyone touted as one of the best in the world.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

All I ask is that the fight go longer than 3 rounds, if Hunt doesn't finish it in the first that is.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

TheRationalRedditor posted:

this is such a night of crowd pandering, lol

can you blame them though?

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Joey McChrist posted:

if he wasn't against mark hunt i'd be rooting for werdum, he's a big goof

Yep. Just remember everyone: if Werdum wins, you'll be rooting for him against Cain anyways in March. It will only hurt tonight

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

DO THAT AGAIN!

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Mark Hunt is going to break Werdum mentally right here. That's why.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Take 4 points for grabbing the fence Herb

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Mark Hunt is a thing of beauty, win or lose

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Ouch. That was big.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

henkman posted:

I like Werdum

yep. Werdum vs Cain will happen and now you'll be hoping Werdum takes the title from the man who never fights

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

I still would like Hunt to finish out most of his contract knocking out bad heavyweights in Australia/New Zealand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Provided he survives his next depressive social media crisis I'd like to see Hunt vs. Arlovski next

I don't see that happening. I could see a Bigfoot vs Hunt rematch if Bigfoot loses to Mir, or even if he beats Mir. Bigfoot is more removed from the title picture than Hunt at this point so they might as well.

• Locked thread