Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

so what's everyone up to? planning to go out? maybe just chill at home and have some beers?

or in my case, chill at home and have some beers listening to a guy with a crazy beard do a reggae show on the local community radio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

i watched interstellar and then went and bought poo poo to make root beer floats, then I took a picture and had a root beer float.

2014-11-14 19.58.50.jpg by MrDespair, on Flickr

spoilers: matt damon

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
Working, just like every friday night for the last 4 years (my switch to day shift cannot come soon enough).

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

8th-snype posted:

Working, just like every friday night for the last 4 years (my switch to day shift cannot come soon enough).

gently caress day shifft

fake edit: backspace free thread

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc

Mr. Despair posted:

gently caress day shifft

fake edit: backspace free thread

day shift hours cut my commute in half because of less traffic. fuuuuuuck I5

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

8th-snype posted:

day shift hours cut my commute in half because of less traffic. fuuuuuuck I5

you must have a lovely night shift

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Drinking beer, editing poo poo photos, ditching a girl because I was tired.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Mr. Despair posted:

you must have a lovely night shift

12 hours long and puts me right into both rush hours because I reverse commute at night so it's like a reverse reverse commute.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

8th-snype posted:

12 hours long and puts me right into both rush hours because I reverse commute at night so it's like a reverse reverse commute.

have you considered finding a non poo poo job

or at least non lovely posting

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

8th-snype posted:

what the poop is a reverse commute

I'm at home checking all my gear because I have to shoot video of election night for The Province so I can start braggin on here about how I've done ~professional journalism~ work

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Geektox posted:

I'm at home checking all my gear because I have to shoot video of election night for The Province so I can start braggin on here about how I've done ~professional journalism~ work

just as long as you don't start talking about how you shoot for the loving ~ap wire~

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

man, dorkroom friday nites are kinda lame

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Mr. Despair posted:

man, dorkroom friday nites are kinda lame

well, you're posting, so

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

rename thread dorkroom saturday morning tia

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Mr. Despair posted:

once it's true in a real timezone maybe i will :smug:

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Geektox posted:

reverse commute is when you live in a cool city but commute to a shittier suburban hellhole to work. If you do this during the day you miss all the traffic from piss idiots who commute from the suburbs to your cool and good city. If you do it at night sometimes you become the piss idiot (much like posting).

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

I saw Interstellar. Pretty good, except for the part toward the end where Cooper is in the black hole - too Deus Ex Machina. Now I'm home, pondering life's mysteries, like how my sister isn't sure what my wife's last name is, even though we've been married for three years.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Mr. Despair posted:

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Bob Socko posted:

I saw Interstellar. Pretty good, except for the part toward the end where Cooper is in the black hole - too Deus Ex Machina. Now I'm home, pondering life's mysteries, like how my sister isn't sure what my wife's last name is, even though we've been married for three years.

more like Deus Ex Cooper :rimshot:

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.
Well last night my wife and I went out to dinner. Got Troy's, this great cafe style place near work. Awesome.

Then I woke up at 2am with a killer sore throat. Took some Tylenol, gargled some salt water, ate some honey, thoroughly woke the wife. Had strep last Friday, finished my antibiotic on Thursday, and now it's probably back because penicillin is kind of a scrub antibiotic. Thanks, Kroger clinic! I should get a discount today.

So here I am, waiting to be seen by another nurse practitioner. Got some photos in the car to mail out after I'm done. Guess the grass isn't being cut today because gently caress that noise when you feel like garbage.

Stream if consciousness because waiting rooms are hella boring. Probably work a bit more on my personal statement for my grad school application.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR
Last night I gorged myself on Russian food, wine, and vodka, and this morning I am going to the farmer's market for vegetables and then doing household chores.

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.

MrBlandAverage posted:

Russian food, wine, and vodka

Isn't this really redundant?

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Drug the inflatable bed out so the boy and I could sleep in the living room (Big deal for him, like camping). So, I watched episodes of The Littlest Pet Shop until the boy fell asleep, then quietly surfed the net on my tablet til I did.

Wooo.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
I spent the evening in the library reading kickin' rad books. Then I went and got boozed up despite being really tired. This morning I slept as my alarm didn't go off and it wasn't until 2pm that I was woken by the fire alarm.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

I did some pruning this afternoon and managed to screw my lip up. I was using a pair of compound loppers, and was peering around some leaves while trying to get the blade around a branch. I didn't realize the branch was weak, so when I applied some pressure to lock the blade in place, I cut through and smacked myself in the face with the handle. I ended up splitting my lip open and the drat thing wouldn't stop bleeding, so I superglued the cut closed and got back to work.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

I just went and voted in municipal elections and they gave me a sticker.

No juice and cookie though, I guess you have to bleed if you want those.

Now I'm at work trying to devise a way to fit three pallets worth of poo poo into a space approx the size of an airplane washroom.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

SoundMonkey posted:

I just went and voted in municipal elections and they gave me a sticker.

No juice and cookie though, I guess you have to bleed if you want those.

Now I'm at work trying to devise a way to fit three pallets worth of poo poo into a space approx the size of an airplane washroom.

Work smarter, not harder. Your tip for the day.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

I spent some time adjusting the nosebridge on my balaclava and the strap on my goggles so that I can go ride in the snow in warmth and comfort.

Bonus woodhouse.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

torgeaux posted:

Work smarter, not harder. Your tip for the day.

Took your advice, went home to drink beers.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

SoundMonkey posted:

Took your advice, went home to drink beers.

Winning!!

voodoorootbeer
Nov 8, 2004

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later we push up flowers.
I made a shitload of loving gravy, and was social with other humans.

Breadnought
Aug 25, 2009

So many goldfish.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

voodoorootbeer posted:

I made a shitload of loving gravy, and was social with other humans.

I made gravy too.

Then I used it to make loving poutine and it was mind-blowing.

Then the local idiot mayor got his rear end spanked in the municipal elections and it was hilarious.

Tonight is a good night.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

SoundMonkey posted:

I made gravy too.

Then I used it to make loving poutine and it was mind-blowing.

Then the local idiot mayor got his rear end spanked in the municipal elections and it was hilarious.

Tonight is a good night.

Do you live in Maple Ridge?

I was covering B.C.'s least exciting electoral district (West Van) and came up with this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydHA7TyELxM

This was at one of the candidates' houses because none of them have actual offices.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Geektox posted:

Do you live in Maple Ridge?

I was covering B.C.'s least exciting electoral district (West Van) and came up with this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydHA7TyELxM

This was at one of the candidates' houses because none of them have actual offices.

haha nah i used to live in surrey but now i live in buttfuck nowhere

edit: our post-election party (for the cool candidates) was at an ex-nunnery, with i think a lot of weed and liquor and live DJs

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Just finished an early thanksgiving down under (fiancé is from CA), have a slight headache and am annoyed the cricket finished early with South Africa belting Australia at the WACA.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Spedman posted:

Just finished an early thanksgiving down under (fiancé is from CA), have a slight headache and am annoyed the cricket finished early with South Africa belting Australia at the WACA.

All I know about cricket I learned from this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7YwY1LyeNA

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

8th-snype posted:

All I know about cricket I learned from this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7YwY1LyeNA

That duck is a very real thing:
http://youtu.be/WaTq0sKyk7w
(It's what happens when you get out for zero, also there are golden and diamond ducks, and pairs)

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

I rode a century on Saturday for the first time. My butt and legs hurt pretty bad last night, mostly fine now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
i bought special light bulbs to cure my seasonal depression

• Locked thread