Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Move to Canada bitch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnWdySjWCm0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

terrible rap with lousy lyrics but true as gently caress 6/10

Crackwhore Barrel
Mar 10, 2012

Where is this?

Dicere
Oct 31, 2005
Non plaudite modo pecuniam jacite.

Nelson Kennedy Ledges State Park, if I don't miss my guess.

BeepBoopBatman
Apr 21, 2008
London, OH and Springfield, OH are hell on earth.

Akron's pretty okay by comparison. Experienced at least 30% less robberies since moving here.

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Bitterly Clinging to my AK47 and Das Kapital

Nitewhosaysnee posted:

Where is this?

Ohio.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Go Bucks!

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Dicere posted:

Nelson Kennedy Ledges State Park, if I don't miss my guess.

Nelsons Ledges is where Ohioans gather to do drugs

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
Living in Akron my whole life, I can safely say that Akron is a meth'd-out cesspit that should burn to the ground.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Columbus isn't so bad, there's lots of stray cats to invite inside at least.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
skyline chili, white castle, steak n shake, and even waffle house

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

I lived in Columbus, and a weird thing about that region is that there is no local specialties foodwise.

There's the buckeye candy and Jen's delicious icecream, but really no famous Ohio foods.

Alright, Skyline then, but no food that people cook and are proud of.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Hey, we're like fast food capital of the United States or something. We get all the weird food they want to test out first. I think a mile up the street from me there is stretch of road that literally has 50+ fast food restaurants on it.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Nitewhosaysnee posted:

Where is this?

Hocking Hills. I think it's the ash cave? I don't know, hiking is dumb.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

amityville anus posted:

http://www.trainorama.com
Whenever I think of Ohio I think of Train O Rama in Sandusky, Ohio. Season passes are great winter holidays gifts.

A challenger approaches

I'm not sure what the incidence rate of autism is in Ohio, but I think it's pretty high.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

seriously what is in the water in ohio that produces so many autistic train retards

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008
Skyline is super overrated.

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.

Nitewhosaysnee posted:

Where is this?

it's ash cave. if you ever get the chance to visit hocking hills you should do it, because there's lots of beautiful poo poo.

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

Ohio sucks just as bad as everywhere else. No surprise there.

dadrips
Jan 8, 2010

everything you do is a balloon
College Slice
this happened in Ohio and it's all I really know about the state

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRFwcN_EOSU

Catpants McStabby
Jul 10, 2001

seriously, :wtc:

BeepBoopBatman posted:

London, OH and Springfield, OH are hell on earth.

Akron's pretty okay by comparison. Experienced at least 30% less robberies since moving here.

I was born in Springfield and I can tell you this poster is 100% correct. However, most of Columbus on the west side is pretty nice and is ok to go to when it's not COVERED IN GODDAMN ORANGE BARRELS.
Also, we have a chocolate cookie store in the Polaris Mall up north which is really good. They put chocolate chips and peanut butter on cookies. It's really good, and worth it for the price.

axolotl farmer posted:

I lived in Columbus, and a weird thing about that region is that there is no local specialties foodwise.

We have like 50 Steak n' Shakes, dude. What the hell?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
This seems like the place to ask about this but what is with retards who say The Ohio state? I saw one of these guys at an inyerview once and god knows how he snuck in but it was weird how big a deal he made that seem

Telesphorus
Oct 28, 2013

Syd Midnight posted:

Nelsons Ledges is where Ohioans gather to do drugs

also where the gathering of the juggalos took place several times

so yeah, drugs

BeepBoopBatman
Apr 21, 2008

Moai Ou posted:

Living in Akron my whole life, I can safely say that Akron is a meth'd-out cesspit that should burn to the ground.

And yet it still manages to be a vast improvement over Springfield.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
ohio update: its cold as poo poo

BeepBoopBatman
Apr 21, 2008

Libelous Slander posted:

ohio update: its cold as poo poo

Look at Tuesday. What are you even thinking Tuesday? It's not even December get out of here with that 5 degree bullshit.

Wolvorine
Nov 15, 2011

I am not drawing that.

logical phalluses posted:

i don't believe you

quote:

Mayor Carty Finkbeiner suggested at a staff meeting that a way to resolve complaints about airport noise would be to move deaf people into the neighborhood.

On Friday, after the remark was publicized, Mr. Finkbeiner wept at a news conference and said he had meant no disrespect. "Nobody intended to be insensitive," he said. "My only words were that it was an interesting idea."

Man, Carty Finkbeiner was always a raging rear end in a top hat. I remember him coming into one of my high school classes in the 80's and proceeding to lose an arguement with a teenage girl.

Oh, how I don't miss Toledo.

Wolvorine fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Nov 16, 2014

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Let's go to Cityview Center in Cleveland! It's a shopping center built on top of a landfill!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge0FznL8gZo

(The video gets a little off-the-rails towards the end.)

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
deep condolences for ohioians from my indiana home

Back of the Bus
Aug 15, 2004

Pimpin' ain't easy when yo ride's full of schoolchildren.
Every year I remember that everyone else forgets what snow is and acts like the apocalypse is coming in NEOH.

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
i rarely leave my state because i fear falling asleep at the wheel during the long, boring, slow as gently caress 65 mph drive through gayhio

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Stoic Commie posted:

i rarely leave my state because i fear falling asleep at the wheel during the long, boring, slow as gently caress 65 mph drive through gayhio

I did that once. Got white line fever driving through rural Ohio and only snapped out of it when I ran out of gas. Then I had to walk through rural Ohio. It was a fun night.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Back of the Bus posted:

Every year I remember that everyone else forgets what snow is and acts like the apocalypse is coming in NEOH.

do Ohio drivers even change to winter tires?

every Columbus snow day, the side of the road would just be full of cars nose down in the ditch.

KierkegaardsHo
Mar 21, 2004

axolotl farmer posted:

do Ohio drivers even change to winter tires?

every Columbus snow day, the side of the road would just be full of cars nose down in the ditch.

gently caress no, I learned how to drive in Ohio, and I didn't even know snow tired existed until I was like in my 20s.

If you want a decent life, go elsewhere. If you're looking for a place where you can easily acquire heroin to stay warm through the latest snowstorm, SE Ohio is your dream.

http://www.drugabuse.gov/about-nida/organization/workgroups-interest-groups-consortia/community-epidemiology-work-group-cewg/cincinnati-ohio

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

I've lived in Ohio since 2005. Previously I lived in North Dakota so I can't complain!

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Springfield is such a gross city.
Akron isn't so much gross as it is an affront to all things good and decent and it should be bulldozed and then salted.
Cleveland is fun.
I like Kent.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

KierkegaardsHo posted:

gently caress no, I learned how to drive in Ohio, and I didn't even know snow tired existed until I was like in my 20s.

If you want a decent life, go elsewhere. If you're looking for a place where you can easily acquire heroin to stay warm through the latest snowstorm, SE Ohio is your dream.

http://www.drugabuse.gov/about-nida/organization/workgroups-interest-groups-consortia/community-epidemiology-work-group-cewg/cincinnati-ohio

I interviewed for a job at Cincinnati and spent the weekend there to see if was a lifestyle match, it was quite the eye opener.

I thought things like the Cleveland tourism video were just exaggerating the bad things about the state.

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
Tin soldiers and Nixon coming,
We're finally on our own.
This summer I hear the drumming,
Four dead in Ohio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks