Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Trochanter posted:

Well, I can't speak for all countries with nationalized healthcare, but:

1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_life_expectancy Canada 82.5 male 84.6 female vs US 79.8, 82.2
2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_total_health_expenditure_%28PPP%29_per_capita $4522 vs $8508
3.http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/stats/Health/Obesity 14.3% vs 30.6%

so :canada::colbert:

follow the money. who do you think comes up with those "statistics"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

SurfinArbiter posted:

yea but the thing is people from the army are actually respected in this world America, as far as I know

Just dont go to the VA or you'll die waiting in line

General China
Aug 19, 2012

by Smythe
I laugh at you dumb fucks with your healthcare insurance.

Come and live in the UK. Even my pet cat gets free healthcare as a UK citizen.

Here is my cat enjoying free healthcare in a civilised country

General China fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Nov 16, 2014

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

General China posted:

on the other hand you are british and you have to live with that for the rest of your life

Cardamommy Issues
Feb 16, 2005

I've waited around for more important things

General China posted:

You pay for it through your taxes so it's not technically free :smugdog:

General China
Aug 19, 2012

by Smythe

Nimec posted:

You pay for it through your taxes so it's not technically free :smugdog:

do you see that cat paying taxes?

or a cat with huge balls?

Trochanter
Sep 14, 2007

It ain't no sin
to take off your skin, And dance around in your bones!

TEAYCHES posted:

follow the money. who do you think comes up with those "statistics"?

The all-powerful OECD lobby, of course. No doubt they're a front for the lizardjews :bahgawd:

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

choice between a dozen aircraft carrier groups and the best military in the world or not going bankrupt due to cancer..

hm...

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
The trick to getting free healthcare is to just go to the ER then not pay the bills. Idiots.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Ramsus posted:

The trick to getting free healthcare is to just go to the ER then not pay the bills. Idiots.

yeah its a fuckin free for all

Trochanter
Sep 14, 2007

It ain't no sin
And before anyone says "Well, single payer only works in other countries because they're homogeneous", you have no idea how much english Canada loathes Quebec, how so much of our history is predicated on screwing them over. Canada exists to gently caress over the Quebeçois. And we made it work.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
How hard is it for an American to go to Canada or some other national healthcare utopia? Like, my body is a wasteland and I need some serious care. Would it be worth it for me to abandon the land of the free? By worth it I mean strictly financial terms.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

I think President Obama is neat.

Trochanter
Sep 14, 2007

It ain't no sin

N. Senada posted:

How hard is it for an American to go to Canada or some other national healthcare utopia? Like, my body is a wasteland and I need some serious care. Would it be worth it for me to abandon the land of the free? By worth it I mean strictly financial terms.

Cardamommy Issues
Feb 16, 2005

I've waited around for more important things

N. Senada posted:

You'd be better off with medical tourism to somewhere with okay quality and cheap prices, like India or China. Bangkok has been tapped out and its prices are rising to not make it worth your time.

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

There's no way I won't make Australia my home!

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

That's not real - if it was real, it would say "gently caress off, we're full."

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Nimec posted:

You'd be better off with medical tourism to somewhere with okay quality and cheap prices, like India or China. Bangkok has been tapped out and its prices are rising to not make it worth your time.

sorry I would prefer to be treated by whites thx

Trochanter
Sep 14, 2007

It ain't no sin

Wooten posted:

There's no way I won't make Australia my home!

I wonder what it's like living in a continent gone completely insane over a few thousand brown people?

ThirdPartyView posted:

That's not real - if it was real, it would say "gently caress off, we're full."

Real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT12WH4a92w

I'm not sure how strict it is regarding white people though, so you may be in luck!

Notmypants
Jan 3, 2014

Pants pants moose pants.

N. Senada posted:

Moving to another Western country, even if you're white as gently caress, is not as easy as you might think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012

vyst posted:

JK that poo poo is like $250 a month enjoy bankruptcy you jobless heathens.

Thanks, Obama (proprietor of healthcare.guv)

My last plan at $241 covered absolutely nothing except an annual physical, until I hit the $6500 deductible. Pricey for catastrophic. Now that enrollment is open I'm seeing a shitload more plans than I did last year. I'm changing plans to one that is $265 but illness/injury visits only have a $40 co-pay, which isn't too bad. Rx are still 100% out of pocket, but generics are cheap as hell and I don't take anything permanently, so meh. It's still crazy loving expensive but at least now I feel like I have something that "works" for me.

vyst posted:

yea you have to be crazy poor to get the tax credit

I talked about this a little in the other thread but my wife made $46k on paper this year (half that year we lived/she worked at a boarding school with room and board included so it's more like 65k) and we did not qualify for any subsidy/tax credit. We're not poverty stricken but yeah, you gotta be hella poor to get any help on it.

• Locked thread