Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com

The Dennis System posted:

Don't lump scientists (from the hard sciences at least) in with the rest of academia.

lol gently caress off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

Palace of Hate posted:

are you upset that your poor lifestyle choices are demonstrably poor?

They are not "demonstrably" anything you moron. People like you voted for Hitler.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
heh, loving plebs. maybe you haven't heard of a little thing called "Wikipedia?" teachers r obsolete :smugbert:

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

Apthous posted:

College professors, researchers, scientists, etc. are all hellbound scum of the loving earth. The Unabomber had it right, but there needs to be more of a systematic removal of these people involving extermination camps and trains and poo poo not just blowing up a few of them. They all need to be loaded on trains and sent to the gas chamber where they belong.

HAhahaha. This dumb gently caress never graduated high school let alone went to a college. Enjoy your poo poo life, fucko.

Apthous posted:

My dad is a part time college prof I know all I need to know about academia.

I'm just pissed your dad didn't do this to you enough.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
hahah what the gently caress is this

Themistocles
Nov 7, 2003

Fighting for democracy since 483 BC
Please keep going, OP. You are so wise.

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Themistocles posted:

Please keep going, OP. You are so wise.

He hasn't been brainwashed by the liberal teachers who use facts and logic to prove their lies.

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
tell us more your family OP

Blahsmack
Oct 25, 2003

op is sounding like pol pot

Gavrilo Princip
Feb 4, 2007

Apthous posted:

No they get thrown in too if I have to hear one more loving "study" about how soda "ages you" then I'm going to flip my loving poo poo. This is not science, this is not anything but crime.

lol this isn't what scientists do

unless there's like, a department of applied soda studies out there that I wasn't aware of

Themistocles
Nov 7, 2003

Fighting for democracy since 483 BC

Gavrilo Princip posted:

lol this isn't what scientists do

unless there's like, a department of applied soda studies out there that I wasn't aware of

Maybe there is one at whatever chickenshit "institution of higher learning" gave OP the B- that set him off on his shitshow ranting.

naem
May 29, 2011

I hav a massers digree

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Then I guess academia are the Keystone Kops since you're still a free man, OP.

naem
May 29, 2011

I watched an attractive married 35 year old adjunct professor sleep her way through the student population and then garner sympathy during her sudden divorce, and then date her way into a tenure track position over the course of a year. V instructional

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
I know you're pissed your paper on the virtues of gamergate was given a D, but to be perfectly frank that was a generous grade.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

hey if you let your bank know that your rear end. degree in medical billing from bryant & stratton isn't working out for you maybe you can get on deferral on your student loans

prayin' for ya itt (not itt tech (a li'l college humor for ya))

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com

naem posted:

I watched an attractive married 35 year old adjunct professor sleep her way through the student population and then garner sympathy during her sudden divorce, and then date her way into a tenure track position over the course of a year. V instructional

was she jewish?

naem
May 29, 2011

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

was she jewish?

She was v tall and blonde with perfect nazi cheekbones

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Apthous posted:

Watch a college lecture on youtube about something you know a lot about and you will literally find yourself getting dumber. These parasites need to be removed.

they don't have any lectures on anime. (point proven?)

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Windows 98 posted:

OP is an uneducated swill bag

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Come back OP. Tell us what you learned today by not going to college and hating your dad.

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

Dead Precedents posted:

Come back OP. Tell us what you learned today by not going to college and hating your dad.

I went to art school.

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Apthous posted:

I went to art school.

How's that workin' out for you?

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

Dead Precedents posted:

How's that workin' out for you?

I'm 28 and live with my parents.

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Apthous posted:

I'm 28 and live with my parents.

What do you do for a living then, buddy?

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

Dead Precedents posted:

What do you do for a living then, buddy?

I have made 0 dollars a year since around 2008.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Apthous posted:

I went to art school.
:q:

e:wait wait wait. was it a school where they actually teach you how to draw or one where you just like, write donw what you feel??

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

a hole-y ghost posted:

:q:

e:wait wait wait. was it a school where they actually teach you how to draw or one where you just like, write donw what you feel??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_school

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

yeah no that didn't explain poo poo. how about this. post your last artwork you made

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Apthous posted:

I have made 0 dollars a year since around 2008.

I'll say you got me. I have a degree and I don't get to live in my parent's place and eat up their food for nothing. I gotta earn my stuff. gently caress, maybe I should go to art school to learn to be even more useless than I already am (this isn't possible).

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

a hole-y ghost posted:

post your last artwork you made

Dead Precedents posted:

I'll say you got me. I have a degree and I don't get to live in my parent's place and eat up their food for nothing. I gotta earn my stuff. gently caress, maybe I should go to art school to learn to be even more useless than I already am (this isn't possible).

What do you do for a living? Are you Donald Trump's apprentice or something fancy?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

lol I bet you got a degree in fibers

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

a hole-y ghost posted:

lol I bet you got a degree in fibers

I hosed a girl there who's roommate at the time was a fibers major. Does that count?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Op you should post this exact topic in SAL and D&D

I await the effort posts eagerly

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i think this apthous fella might have some sort of a problem, perhaps a mental issue

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Apthous posted:

Learning about a wide array of subjects involves very little memorization and it is the type of knowledge you can't test. And if you can't test something you cant sell it and make money.

There are many ways of assessing learning beyond testing. Interesting how that works. I generally give only a few tests over the course of the entire school year. I get most of my data on how well students have learned the material from things other than tests. And surprisingly, my students can do pretty well after they leave my class.

But then, I don't teach college.

As far as memorization goes, I tell my students that memorizing things is generally a fairly useless skill. (We are currently studying the Periodic Table of Elements, and the question of memorizing the table always comes up.) I point out that memorizing as a skill is far, far behind being able to find information and use it. I don't want my students to memorize the Periodic Table. If they use it enough, they will naturally memorize the parts they use. I want them, instead, to be able to find the information they need and use it to determine what they need to know for the next step. By learning to use information and find patterns, they are far better prepared than if they can simply memorize stuff.

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

genesplicer posted:

I generally give only a few tests over the course of the entire school year.

Good for you.

Also a teacher getting probated on SA for unironically not knowing the difference between "your" and "you're" ROFL

And the other guy getting banned for posting a cartoon of a Disney character getting erotically eaten by a snake.

A++ would post again.

Apthous fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Nov 16, 2014

Tebulot
Apr 25, 2007

im hip now bois

Pillbug
OP needs to go look at a sunset or some poo poo and really wonder why he feels the way he feels.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

It's actually the C students who are the real geniuses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

• Locked thread