Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

shiksa posted:

its worth it to go to pei wei just to see how bad human beings are capable of making food. it's the ed wood of restaurants.

pei wei isn't very good but it's way better than Panda Express. gently caress that garbage. my roommate will drive to the mall to get Panda Express, passing by at least four authentic, good chinese places on the way. he is so milquetoast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I can't think of a single fast food place that I hate enough to mention for this thread. And I really tried. Fast food best food

Jonny 290 posted:

When I'm slumming it here on the front range, I often reach for a Smashburger

Their fries are really good, super thin cut and they're done up in olive oil and rosemary. Eat them first

Another good option one tier up from Smash, if you're on that side of town, is Larkburger

Most of these places sell beer, too.

If these places seem snobby or 'too nice for fast food', you live in a shithole. Move.

e: if there is a place that is not a loving chain and you have the time and money, go there. this is basic civilized human nature

Larkburger is only in Colorado though and everyone flies over Colorado. I lived there and went there a lot and it is good though, just expensive.

Edit - remembered one I really hate..panera bread. Place sucks and has got to go. Their paninis are boring and poo poo and their decor scheme is obnoxious.

the worst thing is fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Nov 16, 2014

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

mucocele posted:

Is.. is that on Washtenaw in Ypsilanti, Michigan?

looks like it. hot n now was good, but bray's is extremely my poo poo. do you remember when a guy got stabbed in the chest with a knife, goes into bray's, sits at the counter and orders water and the staff is like "Ummm you have a knife sticking out of your chest and are bleeding everywhere" and called the police lol

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

SpicyMeatSandwich posted:

I googled Big Earls and the picture is hilarious

How do you get a picture to be the google review picture? tl;dr a local company owned by the convicted killer of a friend of mine recently changed their name and I noticed they don't have a google review image yet!

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

big earl is def fuckin that smooth-faced retard daughter

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Tautologicus posted:

Edit - remembered one I really hate..panera bread. Place sucks and has got to go. Their paninis are boring and poo poo and their decor scheme is obnoxious.

Panera is lovely garbage as is all of the 'fresh casual' clones of them. The only upshot to them is that you can cater a work lunch or take everybody there, and everybody can find something that they can eat while grumbling

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

fyodor posted:

big earl is def fuckin that smooth-faced retard daughter

:agreed: i would too op

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
We have random chinese restaurants of the "Golden Something" variety, and the orange chicken was goddamn terrible. It had loving HUNKS of ORANGE RIND in it. Not the zest. THE BITTER loving RIND.

Let's see, what other places are loving garbo:

-Little Seizure's is the shittest of poo poo-tier chain pizza. Becomes inedible in a very short amount of time, not that it was very edible to begin with. A friend of mine works at one.

-Subway. Worst sandwich shop, if I want a chain I'll go to Wawa—their poo poo's cheap, they have more variety, and Actually Tastes Good™

-Arby's. Their sandwiches are sad and shameful.

-Five Guys. Goddamn greasebucket with the saddest, limpest fries I've ever seen.

-Taco Bell is generally awful, though their frito burrito wasn't bad for some shameless munchin'

-Golden Chick. Just not a fan of it, but I've only seen it in Austin.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

Panera is lovely garbage as is all of the 'fresh casual' clones of them. The only upshot to them is that you can cater a work lunch or take everybody there, and everybody can find something that they can eat while grumbling

I like Panera's sandwiches ok but goddamn if it isn't the whitest yuppiest fast food chain.

Like everyone with a middle management position convinced themselves it's not really fast food because there are no bright primary colors so it's ok to eat there.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Oberleutnant posted:

:agreed: i would too op

earl all like breathin into her mouth that hasnt been brushed in weeks and has rotten carp chunks in between his teeth plaque "yooos mah speshul girl!" then he rams a ring finger into her fistula-covered anus and she doesnt cry this time or anymore

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

fyodor posted:

earl all like breathin into her mouth that hasnt been brushed in weeks and has rotten carp chunks in between his teeth plaque "yooos mah speshul girl!" then he rams a ring finger into her fistula-covered anus and she doesnt cry this time or anymore

loving hot dude
pm me.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

panera is actually way better than most fast food, sorry you'd rather eat McDonald's fatso

turkey bacon sandwich with a bowl of French onion soup is pretty satisfying when you're in the mood for it and ain't no other fast food place with that on the menu

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Sonic is pretty terrible unless you have some kind of hardon for tater tots, but even then they have this weird sweet flavor to them like a deep fried twinkie.

Duchess is poo poo. Do they still have those in Connecticut?

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005

i know waaay back in the first page but isnt wienerschnitzel breaded veal? theyre really reaching with the wiener in the name

FogHelmut posted:

Sonic is pretty terrible

the commercials for sonic food look disgusting, and its supposed to be the best representation of it?

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Also qdoba sucks, tries to be chipotle but then chipotle existed and did itself better. I hear they have free guacomole now though. Big whoop if they cant fix their broken salsas and lousy rice and beans

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

ashgromnies posted:

panera is actually way better than most fast food, sorry you'd rather eat McDonald's fatso

turkey bacon sandwich with a bowl of French onion soup is pretty satisfying when you're in the mood for it and ain't no other fast food place with that on the menu

i never said it wasn't better than conventional fast food. just that its poo poo that people talk themselves into

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Lufiron posted:

i know waaay back in the first page but isnt wienerschnitzel breaded veal? theyre really reaching with the wiener in the name

yes, wienerschnitzel means "viennese schnitzel" which is a thinly pounded, breaded and fried meat dish

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Sonic drowns their burgers in mayonnaise. Although, I actually like their burgers more than McDick's and Burger Cock.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
legit schnitzel is tasty as gently caress and not hard or expensive to cook btw

you can do it with pork cutlets or chicken breast to keep it cheap

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Tautologicus posted:

Also qdoba sucks, tries to be chipotle but then chipotle existed and did itself better. I hear they have free guacomole now though. Big whoop if they cant fix their broken salsas and lousy rice and beans

Chipotle = Qdoba - flavor

I tried Chipotle twice. Blandest burritos I've ever had.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

Gonna have to agree here, it wasn't awful but it definitely just tasted largely of... stuff. They're big burritos, which is the selling point for most folks I guess.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Noyemi K posted:

Sonic drowns their burgers in mayonnaise. Although, I actually like their burgers more than McDick's and Burger Cock.

Hm we don't have those places in my area. They sound pretty good though

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

Chipotle = Qdoba - flavor

Dunno chipotke is pretty OK. Do you get salsa? I see a lot of white people not get any salsa there an that just confuses me. Tomatoes and corn aren't salsa BTW they're just tonatoes and corn

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
ive only been to one five guys but they have some of the best tasting fries i ever got from a fast food place. my favorite place is nathans famous loving everything they got taste amazing, fries, burgs, dogs

mucocele
Nov 3, 2012
Speaking of Q'Doba, my local 'Dob got rid of the ground beef option. I know it's the worst filling for tacos/burritos, but it was my favorite.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Good Times is great but I've never seen them outside of northern Colorado

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

mucocele posted:

Speaking of Q'Doba, my local 'Dob got rid of the ground beef option. I know it's the worst filling for tacos/burritos, but it was my favorite.

The only reasin to go there is breakfast and only then if all the good burrito place s nearby don't do breakfast

Or if yiu really need melted cheese goo I guess

Kitsch!
Jul 27, 2006

God made Adam and Eve, not Fluffy and Eve.
I went to Taco John's in Montana last week after it was described as "Taco Bell but greasier". Who the hell puts nacho cheese, sour cream and 'potato olés´ in a burrito? Good news is I didn't feed like eating again for eight hours.

Also it took the employees about 5 goddamn minutes to make one burrito.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Kitsch! posted:

I went to Taco John's in Montana last week after it was described as "Taco Bell but greasier". Who the hell puts nacho cheese, sour cream and 'potato olés´ in a burrito? Good news is I didn't feed like eating again for eight hours.

Also it took the employees about 5 goddamn minutes to make one burrito.

taco bell just replaces the tortilla with styrofoam bowl:

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012
I like almost every place mentioned in this thread. Worst for me is Long John's Silvers because I hate fish. Also, Arby's isn't a place I care for because I don't want to pay restaurant prices for cold cuts.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
Mcdonalds

EDIT: its bad

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
Forgot to mention

The best (and greasiest) restaurant ever with kickass milkshakes. Take that, everyone outside of the Southeast, I can die of clogged arteries faster than you.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

פיקנסין (Pikansin) is a horrible little asian fastfood chain in Israel that was so terrible even kid me didn't like it. Don't know how it's doing now as it's been more than a decade since I've eaten there, but from skimming online reviews it's probably about as terrible (but now with sushi!).

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
What is Steak and Shake? I just moved to a place with one near by. I went to the website and it had an order online button. Is it not a drive through? I'm confused.

Whataburger is the tits by the way.

Bum the Sad fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Nov 16, 2014

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Bum the Sad posted:

What is Steak and Shake? I just moved to a place with one near by. I went to the website and it had an order online button. Is it not a drive through? I'm confused.

its a fast food place that you can sit down at and it takes a little longer to get your food

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

live fat die young

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

OhsH posted:

its a fast food place that you can sit down at and it takes a little longer to get your food

No drive through? I haven't examined the one near me.

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

A runza is a loaf of bread with meat in it.

representative of a runza

madeupfred fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Nov 16, 2014

LBJs Jumbo Dick
May 6, 2007
Tacos! Tacos! Tacos!

Bum the Sad posted:

I've never seen a Steak n Shake without a drive-thru. They just entered the online ordering game for some reason. But going through the drive-thru takes longer than most places, because they fix it when you order. Amazing shakes, good burgers, poo poo fries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Five Guys

• Locked thread