Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Totally Interested in this. You know what I bring to the table. The world will be covered in METAL AND ICE :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Puppies I've got a submission incoming. I'll have it up by tomorrow. I'm wondering how the God of Blood and Metal will survive in the Ice Age

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Warlord Bismark von Trippletrow, The Blight of Suffering, Savior of Pain, The Smugfather

The Book of Bismark posted:

In the Time Before Time, when the legends where real and the Gods walked the earth as Men do now, the most feared name was that of the Mighty Warlord, Bismark von Trippletrow. Mighty were his thews and strong was his arm, his great warhammer Sanfte Schmetterling cleaved huge lines through many armies of his foes. His mustache was the envy of man and god alike and it was said he could seduce a woman just by being in the same room as her. It seemed as though The Savior of Pain would conquer the known world, bringing his deeds of warfare to all four corners of the map, but he was betrayed by his closest friend. He had been paid shining silver by the other gods to drive his bronze spear Winzigensack through his brother-in-blood's back.

"Yargfelter, my friend and brother, you have undone me with your treachery."

"Forgive me, my friend and brother, but the shiny silver did dazzle my eyes and make me forget myself."

"My love you shall have always, Yargfelter, but never my forgiveness. For treachery is the ultimate sin."

And so the mighty Warlord Bismark fell and there was much weeping and gnashing of teeth. In this, a final worship by the people he led, Bismark was raised unto dietyhood and rightfully took his mantle in the stars as the mighty Warlord of the Gods.

In reality Bismark is a relatively young God, having awakened to the cries and pleas of what are now his people many centuries back. He took the many tribes of the Easternmen and hammered from them an Empire where warfare, military might, and individual prowess on the battlefield were the highest acts of worship. He is called the Smugfather by his foes for his many gloating wins over their own people. With the coming of the cold, however, the Empire is crumbling and the people flee. Bismark's people must adapt and change to survive, but neither of these agree with their god.

+4 Warmaster: Bismark has mastered all forms warfare and all the weapons that are used. He is equally amazing with a butter knife as he would be with a tank. His signature weapon, and the one favored by his battlepriests, is the warhammer. When Bismark takes a hand in the brutal infighting of his Empire, the side he supports always succeeds with his advice.

+2 Commander: It isn't just about telling men what to do in battle, you have to lead them. Bismark's men trust and love their General-Bishops with fervor as they get their training from god Himself.

+2 The Empire: The sprawling tendrils of the Eastern Empire reach many places. Its population ranges from the fierce pastoral horsemen along the central plains, to the hearty and rugged foragers of the mountain tribes, to the lithe and intelligent city-dwellers whose gang conflicts keep the spirit of warfare alive. Bismark has an army to call upon at any time, and any number of laborers and scholars. But with the coming Cold the Empire is showing signs of fatigue.

-2 Stubborn and Unyielding: Bismark is resistant to sweeping changes and believes that his people can weather this Cold out. It has only just begun to sink in how terrible the Frost may be after his battle-priests have reported to him what has happened in the northern part of the Empire. Men freezing solid where they stand could possibly be more than He can handle.

-2 Sprawling Empire: The Eastern Empire is massive and it takes a great deal of time for one end to speak to the other, even with the extensive networks of roads and highways that have been constructed. It is dangerous to travel, as well. Bandits, Reavers, and Marauders roam many parts of the Empire unchecked as the various Chiefs, Headmen, Dukes and Warlords prefer to battle each other. Only the Constabulary, the Empire's Police Force, fights the bandits but they are woefully undermanned and underfunded. And also, where are these masses of people going to go as the Cold settles in? Bismark loves his people, all of them. He just likes the fighty ones a little more.

Assets:
The Seat of Power: +4 Seat of Power -2 Immobile Seat

The Eastern Empire

Men of the Cities

The humans of the east were always a large bunch, but over the centuries Bismark has placed emphasis and breeding larger and stronger as well as more intelligent. Only a smart man can master warfare and the stupid die early. It stands now that Easternmen stand nearly half again as tall as the average human of the weaker Wests. They have advanced metallurgy and the invention of the blast furnace has allowed the secret of steel to run from one end of the Empire to the other. The men of the Cities have always loved their heavy armor and despite their lithe frames they can run even wrapped in a hundred pounds of steel. They value more civilized forms of warfare and often fight other cities within the Empire for resources and land rights. Along the rugged Coast of Tears on the easternmost part of the Empire lays the city of Weichtenstinkenden Durcheinander von einer Stadt, the capital of the Empire. It is sprawling thing, seemingly all temples, military compounds of individual commanders, and the palaces of the mighty. The men of the Cities are the absolute heads of their households and in addition to their wives the wealthy often have a small enclave of concubines as it is taboo to engage with a woman while a child is still at breast.

Men of the Plains

The nomadic pastoral tribes of the great Central Plains of the Eastern Empire are fierce fighters that value individual prowess on the battlefield over even winning the fighter. In many cases warriors hoping to prove themselves carry only the Schmatzenzweig into battle, a long willow branch decorated with beads and feather. To strike an enemy with this and get away is worth a great deal of prestige. The plains are rich and fertile, providing the resources needed to graze the huge herds of domesticated bison. Bison raids are often a rite of manhood within the Hundred Tribes, as they call themselves, and the more Bison a young man can steal the finer a reward will be bestowed upon him by the tribal chieftain. The tribesmen favor light lances, sabers or axes, and compact recurve bows made of the horn of the bison. In the northern Plains it is said that the bison are dying, freezing to death in the night.

Interestingly, it is the women of the Tribes that owns all property. A man owns his horse, his weapons and whatever bits of leather and bronze armor he may have.

The Men of the Mountains

In the tall mountains that ring the Empire you can find the Fierdsmen, individualist foragers, trappers and lumberjacks. Famous for being even taller and broader than the men of the Cities, Fierdsmen are proud of their ability to weather the cold and the ability to wrestle a bear. They are fiercely independent and can most often be found as semi-nomadic bands with family ties. It is joked in the Empire that their women can't be told apart from their men as they are equal in size and strength, and that is very true. Although the women do not grow a beard. They value individual competition and although they share almost everything within their band they vie with others fiercely for the meager sustenance the area provides.

Ok I'm done. I might flesh the people out a little more later as I'm using this game as a launch platform for a school project that combines mythology, fiction and cultural anthropology.

Deadmeat5150 fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Nov 26, 2014

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I get that the Ice is a global event, I even show signs of it beginning in my descriptions. I fully expect to lose half my Empire but that still leaves a shitton of people. You'd be amazed what massive amounts of manpower can do when focused to a task.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I honestly created this god with every expectation of losing people horrible because he didn't see it coming. I even expect a domain shift of some sort.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
He's planted nuts like a psychotic sabertoothed squirrel. :v:

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Alright I gave it momentary thought and decided that he hated those other pretentious docks enough that he just chills in his capital city. The main temple has a bigass throne just for him.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Pochoclo posted:

I just noticed that my god is a giant phallus and that my domains spell out "fleshlight" and laughed like an idiot for minutes. I swear it was not intentional.

I thought that was intential. It's even funnier to me now.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I have taken bureaucracy as a flaw. This is be fun.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
As long it he comes with a fine yak cheese and stiff fermented yak milk and blood, I'm good with it

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I'm cool with playing around with it, shows your god off a bit. Bismark probably found out and tried to give your guy a thrashing, ultimately ending up being made to look like an rear end in the end.

It's enough to make my mustache bristle.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Hey whoever is the King of Hell has to deal with the rejects. All my people go to Valhalla to drink and fight, and fight and drink. In fact it's even one of Bismark's hymnals.

Hymnals of War-page 339 posted:

We drink and we fight, and we drink and we fight
And we drink and we fight, and we drink and we fight
And then we go home to our wives.

Where we drink and we fight, and we drink and we fight
And then we go back to the pub.

(repeat 3x)

An alternate version of the hymn can be found here.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Well this is going to cluster gently caress quickly. Can't wait for the fecal matter to strike the rotating blades.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Have to admit, I'm betting on the Rat too. I play Godgames to have fun, not to win. If I get bumped off I'll come back with someone better.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
It's easy to guess what Bismark did, drove the dwarves out of His mountains. Those precious resources are His damnit!

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I totally understand all of that.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I'm east. That's why it's called The Eastern Empire.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Been a long weekend. Will post soon.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I'm good with it. Um... I may be messing around in the Godcombat here. I want that God of Fire!

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Well perfect timing for getting Smited then!

Seriously though I was hoping this would turn into an awesome rivalry. I was counting on you two being too drained of AP to fight me. I'd get a slave god of fire and the god of dwarves couldn't stop me. Muahahaha!

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

HiKaizer posted:

Well, if I have options then that would be fine. I was more annoyed about it, but I thought it would be better to mention what my thoughts and concerns were so that we at least had a chance to work through with it. Potentially I am still missing a few things about your system, so if I have some options available to me (that do not involve sacrificing Dwarves) then knowing them might help me move forwards.

KNEEL BEFORE ZOD BISMARK!

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Terms accepted.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

HiKaizer posted:

I posted it in the post itself, but my argument is this:

Bismark is not physically near the fight currently as I drew Arthak underground, and if he can intercept at range, surely I should be able to bypass his attempt to intercede me?

At any rate I'm going to kill Arthak, or at the least, force him to be my eternal slave and Vendruck will chase down and murder Bismark if he interferes. Vendruck doesn't care the Arthak is a god of fire, or the last one. I'm not just invoking my Grudgebearer [-4] for social consequence, I'll drag the world into frozen ruin because of it if the story requires it.

That would be awesome.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Puppies are dicks posted:

Keep in mind you also forgot to answer my question about past events or relationships with Arthak/Malador so I'm going to assume generic vaguely aware of each other from across crowded convention center dining rooms unless told otherwise.

Wait what questions? Did I miss something?

Oh snap, I did. Ummmmm. Can I do it now? I mean basically I'd say that I had only only a vague awareness of Arthak but a contract with Malador. He gets all my really naughty souls.

Deadmeat5150 fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Dec 4, 2014

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I had this sort of reaction planned the first time Bismark got hit in combat. I did not expect it this soon and against another player.

Also my Central Plains men are pastoral nomads who herd Bison. A Yak is just a funny smelling bison. Their houses are more like yurts, easy to construct and break down.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Making my worshippers monotheists is going to be hilarious if I show up with another god.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
As long as you remember that most of the people in my Empire are half-again the average size of a human. :) This is going to be a heck of a fight.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I'm so Emo I poo poo bats. Angsty, angsty bats.

Anyway my response to Arthak's question has been up up.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

HiKaizer posted:

No.

I'm done.

I haven't been able to do anything satisfying with this game since the start since Puppies placed a huge army and overwhelming force on my doorstep, I cannot do anything with that and then I get dogpiled.

This game has been incredibly unsatisfying and infuriating and I'm finished.

Goodbye.

Don't worry, I'll still love ya.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
There are some creepy dudes hanging out in my back yard. I'm not sure I like that. :argh:

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Rauri posted:

You should probably bring your giant god-gang to math me to death :(

I'd say we could be buddies, but the undead are icky. Also there's some giant yak rolling around my central territory that wants to be buddies first.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Damnit, that was my way of saying to be my buddy :( Gotta break a bro's heart don't ya?

Hey puppies can I emergency tap worshipers for AP?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Bismark has a contract with Malador for naughty souls, but he had already kicked Vendruk out of his Empire, the beef was already there. Bismark doesn't find glory in simple killing, anyone can do that, he wants to conquer, to win. He could have killed Vendruk and absorbed his powers, but that wouldn't have felt good to him.

In fact Malador's trick will catch him totally off guard. He's been very cordial to the King of Devils and have had friendly dealings in the past. He wouldn't expect an attack like that from a god who enjoys being just.

Also I wanted to subjugate Vendruk and Arthak but be buddies with Malador.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Yeah a bro fist wouldn't work. I half expected a counter attack, but was hoping we could bro up. I've already declared my action so... yup. This is gonna hurt.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Somebody is SO gonna get punched in the dick.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Vendruk was mine to absorb. Mine! :argh:

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Hungry Hungry Hardon is the name of my new band.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I await my fate

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
But... how shall I have my revenge? :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
FYI it's time for the annual family road trip to Colorado, I'll be on the road for a couple of days and while there my Internet access will be sparse.

• Locked thread