Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jackfruited Stormtrooper
Feb 15, 2007

master of his domain
All these pictures make me feel real hard and passionate about some especial mexicali cocina? Whatever, burritos with fajita mix and the works are the bomb brah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

chiles rellenos are one of the most delicious foods out there and you are not a true man if you cant handle a particularly spicy one (their spicyness tends to be pretty random which is part of the fun)

aight goons here is a question very dear to my heart: salsa roja or salsa verde? im a salsa verde man myself

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Axetrain posted:

Mexican food is the best food. I heard Mexico is one of the fatter countries in the world despite the poverty. Pretty obvious why if what they eat is a bunch of corn and fatty meats soaked in delicious sauces. Prob one of the few upsides to living in the US compared to other 1st world countries is proximity to the worlds number 1 comfort food culture.

Actually it's because they drink so many loving soft drinks. Roughly half a litre a day.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
You cannot swing a dead gato here (Denver) without finding a mexi truck, and the tacos are 4 for $6, no tax, so good.

Don't miss the little salsa bar down tucked in front of the truck. If you're not sure which one to get, let that construction worker go first and then get whatever he did.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6msh9BeIJA
these tacos look poretyy fast. i like tacos but you cant' really get authentic mexican in england only poo poo you buy in a box from the supermarket

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
fuq i know what i am getting for lunch now

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Oberleutnant posted:

you cant' really get authentic mexican in england

I've always wondered about poo poo like this. Like, i have a friend who is a very world-traveller-type, and he said that one time he got chips with thousand island dressing presented as 'nachos'.

always thought that 'authentic' mexican food or whatever is one mail-order-spice-company away. Most of the legit food cultures are built around poo poo cuts of meat, which are ubiquitous. Find some flank steaks or whatever, get your real deal spices, have some Mexican. You won't have the same flavor from the hubcap they cooked it in or the seasoning from the refinery down the road, but you can at least get the gist of it

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
fajita burrito orrrrr torta???

burrito.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Jonny 290 posted:

I've always wondered about poo poo like this. Like, i have a friend who is a very world-traveller-type, and he said that one time he got chips with thousand island dressing presented as 'nachos'.

always thought that 'authentic' mexican food or whatever is one mail-order-spice-company away. Most of the legit food cultures are built around poo poo cuts of meat, which are ubiquitous. Find some flank steaks or whatever, get your real deal spices, have some Mexican. You won't have the same flavor from the hubcap they cooked it in or the seasoning from the refinery down the road, but you can at least get the gist of it

Sure I could make it myself, but yu can't get mexican food in the uk in the same way that you can get indian and chinese food - there's an indian takeaway joint less than 3 minutes from my front door, and another 20+ within delivery distance. There's not a single mexican food chain in the UK that I know of, and I've never seen an independent mexican food place. I'd guess London has a couple, but never seen one.
Rumours and fables speak of a Taco-Bell on a Air Force base that's leased to the USAF but i think it's wishful thinking.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Yeah, I can definitely understand that. Lack of convenient access is kind of different from lack of access altogether.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
I like chalupas and gorditas, and to wash them down with mountain dew baja blast

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Dead Precedents posted:

Mexican food fuckin' owns. gently caress anyone who says otherwise.

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

I married a Mexican lady pretty much purely to steal her mom's recipes.

mucocele
Nov 3, 2012
I don't care how Americanized it is. That white queso dip served at restaurants is addicting.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

queso dip is not really mexican but its so good its a honororay mexican dish

i love me some loving chimichangas with queso dip

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Oberleutnant posted:

Sure I could make it myself, but yu can't get mexican food in the uk in the same way that you can get indian and chinese food - there's an indian takeaway joint less than 3 minutes from my front door, and another 20+ within delivery distance. There's not a single mexican food chain in the UK that I know of, and I've never seen an independent mexican food place. I'd guess London has a couple, but never seen one.
Rumours and fables speak of a Taco-Bell on a Air Force base that's leased to the USAF but i think it's wishful thinking.

there's a taco bell in the arndale centre in manchester

london is mostly infested with "healthy" mexican joints (c.f. wahaca) but there's a fun greasy one in kingston i went to

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Also mexican style cabbage salad is loving goooooood.

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

Oberleutnant posted:

That sucks, man. But, hey, great Indian food! You can take a monster poo poo from that, too!

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

horchata is god's cum vase

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i loving love horchata deport anyone who disagrees to mexico

Dangit Ronpaul
May 12, 2009

Dead Precedents posted:

That sucks, man. But, hey, great Indian food! You can take a monster poo poo from that, too!

Indian is my favorite comfort food. sure you'll be making GBS threads nasty rear end curry turds for 3 days but goddamn if sitting down to a huge rear end bowl of vindaloo and some nice greasy naan and samosas isn't worth it

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
Ralibertos is the best and I will fight anyone who disagrees

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Poland Spring posted:

Ralibertos is the best and I will fight anyone who disagrees

I personally go to different places depending on what I want. Some have better burritos/tacos, some have better combo plates, etc.

Its probably a sign I eat too much of it.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Are nachos actually Mexican? Is Americanized Mexican food classified as Mexican food?

ACTAUUALLLY...............................NACHOS are a TEXAN food they were invented in Eagle Pass TEXAS. in a hotel!

Kukash
Apr 22, 2010
i want to make real mexican food at home but i always end up buying those lovely el paso taco kits.

calusari
Apr 18, 2013

It's mechanical. Seems to come at regular intervals.
lengua

also

escabeche

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
the Caesar Salad is also technically Mexican Food.

A CISHET SHITLORD
Sep 10, 2014

LOURDE OF THE SHITS
Pillbug
My wife made burritos the other day and she's white as gently caress but goddamn was it delicious. White girl burritos. That combo of beef, beans, jalapenos and salsa and whatevs just cannot go wrong :mexico:

Then in the morning we made bacon eggs and hash browns for breakfast burritos and that owned too.

Well thats my mexican food story, basically it's easy to make a bastardized version and it's still :krad: so you should just go for it at home

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Chinatown posted:

Also mexican style cabbage salad is loving goooooood.

I like getting that with pupusas. Are pupusas mexican?

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

the black husserl posted:

salvadoran

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

texan

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Would would would.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Tex-mex best mex

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Oberleutnant posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6msh9BeIJA
these tacos look poretyy fast. i like tacos but you cant' really get authentic mexican in england only poo poo you buy in a box from the supermarket

one of the few bright sides of living in California is having multiple taquerias in walking distance.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
There's real mexican food and "lovely mexican" which is all the gringo stuff and both are really great for different reasons.

Also there's a ton of Salvadoran places near me and pupusas are amazing. Slaw piled high.

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
had Taqueria Guaymas in seattle, was my first proper introduction to "authentic" mexican food.

was p drat good if i'm honest. don't get proper poo poo in aus unfortunately.

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

the black husserl posted:

Pupusas fuckin' own hard. There's a great Salvadoran place around to get those from.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
also fish tacos are some magical poo poo when done correctly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
There used to be a little hole-in-the-wall joint near I once lived, with all the lovely decor and mariachi music and everything. It was Mexican but it was the blandest food I ever tasted. And everyone working there was Mexican. I have no idea what their deal was, I never knew Mexican food COULD be bland.

They closed down like a year later lol

• Locked thread