Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
High_Life
Sep 19, 2004

MIND GAMES...

Chinatown posted:

also fish tacos are some magical poo poo when done correctly

Fresh fish taco in Mexico next to the ocean...good. Deep fried weird fish taco....not so good.

Anyone who goes to Vegas needs to hit up Tacos El Gordo. loving magical and is like that video with the spinning meat spindle. Only downside is there are 4 lines for different meats. Need to plan with friends to go in different lines or you'll be waiting for a long time. Also gets busy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

as turks are the mexicans of europe i'm guessing their food is roughly the same so i'm pro mexican food

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
burritos are the ultimate food form, that's why white people jacked it and turned it into chipotle. al pastor is the top tier for mexican food protein but you can't really go wrong unless you're trying to do seafood more than a couple hours from the coast.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

High_Life posted:

Fresh fish taco in Mexico next to the ocean...good. Deep fried weird fish taco....not so good.

Anyone who goes to Vegas needs to hit up Tacos El Gordo. loving magical and is like that video with the spinning meat spindle. Only downside is there are 4 lines for different meats. Need to plan with friends to go in different lines or you'll be waiting for a long time. Also gets busy.

deep fried in beer batter is the proper way actually. the fish quality is of huge importance tho.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
The bext Mex in my town is a small locally-owned chain (warm gooey blue cornbread!). If there's any Mexicans working there it's purely by accident.
There's been quite few hispanic-owned places that have been opening up that pretty much suck.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Behead all those who insult Mexican food

If you can get to them before the narcos

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

you know it's a good place if it has a mural on the wall.

Marv Albert
May 15, 2003

The more flies, body odor, and a la carte dishes there is about the place, the more mexican the dining experience will be.

Some important considerations when it comes to the food include: no orange cheese under any circumstances, use of epazote and purslane, mezcal is available, and the salsas contains well charred fruits and vegetables.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

etalian posted:

you know it's a good place if it has a mural on the wall.

especially if that mural includes a disney character, spiderman or goku

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster
el burrito loco is my joint. its all so loving good

if you don't like raw onion or cilantro gently caress YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

especially if that mural includes a disney character, spiderman or goku

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Is this just a weird local thing around me or are "Mexican" restaurants owned and staffed entirely by white hipsters a thing everywhere?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

wilderthanmild posted:

Is this just a weird local thing around me or are "Mexican" restaurants owned and staffed entirely by white hipsters a thing everywhere?

sounds like you live in a place without mexicans. sorry

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

I looked up where that is on StreetView and this is next door:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

There a Mexican joint by me that I'm pretty sure is run by psychics or Mexicans getting messages from the future. Like, I once dropped my fork and a server had a new set of silverware in my face as I was bending down to get the dropped fork.

Their idea of "This item takes longer to prepare" is four minutes, thirty seconds as opposed to four minutes. And if they break your chimichanga, they make up for it by pouring on even more cheese.

I love you, Mexican psychics/Future Mexicans.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

New Mexican food is really good and green chile is the bomb and outside of the landscape, those two things are pretty much the only redeeming things about this state anymore. Try it sometime if you get the chance, you will not be disappointed.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

wilderthanmild posted:

Sounds like a weird local thing. Only place here that is any good (the place I got those nachos) is owned by an El Salvadorean couple. Place even has a little market full of imported stuff in the corner. I always stock up on Valentina hot sauce.

Tiberius Thyben fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Nov 17, 2014

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Marv Albert posted:

The more flies, body odor, and a la carte dishes there is about the place, the more mexican the dining experience will be.

Some important considerations when it comes to the food include: no orange cheese under any circumstances, use of epazote and purslane, mezcal is available, and the salsas contains well charred fruits and vegetables.

Add on to this list that the only fountain drinks available are unlabeled coconut juice, mango juice, and cantaloupe juice in a 1980s lemonade bubbler kind of machine, that the restaurant can also serve as a fresh butcher shop, and that cow and pig are certainly not the only species of meat available

You'll have to pry my tacos carnitas from my flabby daed hands

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

The Psychic Mexicans also wear like industrial PPE arm-length gloves and bring out like 10 dishes at once just lined up on their arm so I think they're telekinetic too because they're balanced perfectly and I've never seen them drop the plates once.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Bip Roberts posted:

I looked up where that is on StreetView and this is next door:

mexico is a beautiful and amazing country

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

I mean it's only a few of them like that. I think it's more of a wider trend of "This place is exactly the same as {Other Restaurant} except more expensive and staffed entirely by hipsters" that seems to be a thing here.

Baby the Birdman
Jul 14, 2005

Every real nigga fuck they main girl in the ass.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

mexico is a beautiful and amazing country

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFGlA0XwK48

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005

wilderthanmild posted:

I mean it's only a few of them like that. I think it's more of a wider trend of "This place is exactly the same as {Other Restaurant} except more expensive and staffed entirely by hipsters" that seems to be a thing here.

are you in seattle

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Also. If you aren't friends with the owners by the third time you're in a good Mexican place, you're some sort of social pariah.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Poland Spring posted:

are you in seattle

No, I live in Ohio, I can only imagine it's way worse in somewhere like Portland or Seattle.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

wilderthanmild posted:

No, I live in Ohio, I can only imagine it's way worse in somewhere like Portland or Seattle.

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRGMAW1wzQ8

Mahuum Aqoha
Jan 15, 2004

SHEPARD!
Do it for the universe!
Fun Shoe
Please post more Mexican food places with pop culture ripoff names/logos, that makes me bust a gut more than eating delicious greasy tacos.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
you post robertos in a mexican food thread

lmao

also cilantro and pico de galleleo are like the grossest thin gs on Earth. Mexicans have bad taste in food, and I hear their government is corrupt. Mexico is kind of a lovely place for all of the reasons mentioned.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Meowbot posted:

their government is corrupt

Woah? A corrupt government? hosed up if true.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Woah? A corrupt government? hosed up if true.

I thought complaining about pico de gallo was the worst opinion

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

some people have weird genetics and cilantro tastes like soap or something to them. luckily i am not one of these people

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

some people have weird genetics and cilantro tastes like soap or something to them. luckily i am not one of these people

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2012/09/14/161057954/love-to-hate-cilantro-its-in-your-genes-and-maybe-in-your-head

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

MrQwerty posted:

New Mexican food is really good and green chile is the bomb and outside of the landscape, those two things are pretty much the only redeeming things about this state anymore. Try it sometime if you get the chance, you will not be disappointed.

agreed, green chile chicken enchiladas own

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

There's this guy who used to wander in my mother's neighborhood yelling TAMALITOS DE MAIZ NUEVO. He did that for the whole my 30-something years of life. We never bought, because mom said they were lovely tamales.

Also, I'm surrounded by taquerias but I don't have cash to buy me some tacos.

Meowbot posted:

you post robertos in a mexican food thread

lmao

also cilantro and pico de galleleo are like the grossest thin gs on Earth. Mexicans have bad taste in food, and I hear their government is corrupt. Mexico is kind of a lovely place for all of the reasons mentioned.

Callate la puta boca.

Although you are right with the goverment. We are good there,ese.

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4eBMjI0uMw
Tortillas calientitas.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

am i reading this right? the al pastor tacos are way cheaper than other tacos? get me down there.

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

i praise allah 24/7 that i dont have this cockup. oh, mexican and thai food taste like poo poo because of my genetics? gently caress you mom and dad.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

it's more about sense of smell, some people can detect the soapy smell of raw cilantro and it influences the taste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
mole u loving fags

• Locked thread