Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Pretty good stuff, IMO.

My favorites consist of:

- Burritos (my usual choice)

- Tacos (no hard shelled garbage)

- Chile Rellenos :yum:

- Rolled tacos.

Guacamole on everything, IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'd post a pic of a latina pussy....

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

:agreed:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I tried some delivery earlier, got like $50 worth of tacos.

I'm going to eat like a cartel presidente for 3 days straight

:ese:

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
It makes you have gross shits.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I like to make greasey shits so I am quite fond of Mexican food.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

if youre in austin and want some good mexican food check out taco more next to the new emo's. its good

Spider Helidon
Nov 4, 2010

by XyloJW
Goons are constantly arguing about what is 'real' mexican food. I live in Australia so I'm pretty sure nothing I've had is even vaguely authentic, so goons, please settle for me what is real mexican and post recipes and I will try to make something.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

chile birdie

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Spider Helidon posted:

Goons are constantly arguing about what is 'real' mexican food. I live in Australia so I'm pretty sure nothing I've had is even vaguely authentic, so goons, please settle for me what is real mexican and post recipes and I will try to make something.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

extremely my poo poo

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RpmnJzLePs

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

woah slow down buddy, slopping sauce everywhere like it's free

I bet he's pretty handy with a knife though

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW
"Mexican" food is just an excuse for people that don't know how to cook to throw a bunch of disgusting ingredients together in some sloppy mess and pretend that it is somehow exotic.

Please don't call your culinary abominations "Mexican food" please. Thank you.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
What happened to that other mexico thread anyways?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
Are nachos actually Mexican? Is Americanized Mexican food classified as Mexican food?

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

verde errything

A Loud Fart
Sep 9, 2011

Not wearing gloves, meat post exposed to the open air and insects, final product looks like baby poo poo on a tortilla.

But so drat good.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Are nachos actually Mexican? Is Americanized Mexican food classified as Mexican food?

Nachos originated in the city of Piedras Negras, Coahuila, Mexico, just over the border from Eagle Pass, Texas.[1][2][3] In 1943, the wives of U.S. soldiers stationed at Fort Duncan in nearby Eagle Pass were in Piedras Negras on a shopping trip, and arrived at the restaurant after it had already closed for the day. The maître d'hôtel, Ignacio "Nacho" Anaya, invented a new snack for them with what little he had available in the kitchen: tortillas and cheese. Anaya cut the tortillas into triangles, added shredded cheddar cheese, quickly heated them, added sliced pickled jalapeño peppers[Note 1] and served them.

When asked what the dish was called, he answered, "Nacho's especiales". As word of the dish traveled, the apostrophe was lost, and Nacho's "specials" became "special nachos".[4]

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.
Mexican food fuckin' owns. gently caress anyone who says otherwise.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Dead Precedents posted:

Mexican food fuckin' owns. gently caress anyone who says otherwise.

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW
Empty Quotin' owns. gently caress anyone who says otherwise.

Spider Helidon
Nov 4, 2010

by XyloJW

this looks good, but also looks like what the lebs do. I do admire that man's hustle.

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Apthous posted:

Empty Quotin' owns. gently caress anyone who says otherwise.

Hahaha, you're that human being who thinks you don't learn anything in college.

Seriously, go back to your thread

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
That filiberto's burrito makin me hungry.

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS
My shits are burning liquid and I'm loving life

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Captain Matchbox posted:

My shits are burning liquid and I'm loving life

If you haven't eaten a burrito that made your rear end in a top hat burn, you haven't lived.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Those pictures in the OP are of suburban white people food. The kind the upper middle class eats when they think they're slumming it. It's all too clean and presentable, with generous portions of guacamole garnishings. The Mexican food that I and my fellow proles eat is similar but involves meat products not fit for inmates and grease dripping out every part of the tortilla possible.

Mexican food rules though.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Spider Helidon posted:

this looks good, but also looks like what the lebs do. I do admire that man's hustle.

Al Pastor was brought to Mexico by Lebanese immigrants. Mexican food isn't just Spanish + Mayan/Aztec. It also has important contributions by the Lebanese, Irish, Germans, and Italian immigrants that settled Mexico.

Hounds
Nov 14, 2014
Alberto's burrito though bro?

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
OP if you don't like crunchy corn shell tacos then maybe you should move to canada or something

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Yeah, just because authentic street tacos rule doesn't mean lovely americanized crunchy tacos don't also rule. I mean besides the fact that I can only like one thing at a time and must be angry about everything.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Hector Beerlioz posted:

It makes you have gross shits.

Only if you're some pathetic gringo raised on potatoes and grey roast beef. your guts are too weak to handle real food.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

straight up cheese inundated texmex also rules, but do not confuse it with actual mexico mexican food

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
The best thing about Mexican food is washing everything down with 4-5 refrescos and being fat as gently caress.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
enchiladas are aight

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

A Loud Fart posted:

Not wearing gloves, meat post exposed to the open air and insects, final product looks like baby poo poo on a tortilla.

didnt know 12 year old girls posted in GBS

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Mexican food is the best food. I heard Mexico is one of the fatter countries in the world despite the poverty. Pretty obvious why if what they eat is a bunch of corn and fatty meats soaked in delicious sauces. Prob one of the few upsides to living in the US compared to other 1st world countries is proximity to the worlds number 1 comfort food culture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I'm doing a mexican thanks giving this year. Menudo, Enchilladas, Tamales de maize, y cheviche.

• Locked thread