Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pillow Clerk
Oct 18, 2008

TOILETLORD posted:

i can buy homemade tamales from my neighbor for 1.50 a pop.

I'm glad for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

1gnoirents posted:

taco johns is worse

Taco johns is the whitest Mexican food I've ever eaten. I got some in bumfuck nowhere Iowa when I was driving cross-country.

MrCerebral
Nov 11, 2013
i like the beef and cheese burritos but it would be nice if there were actually some cheese somewhere other than each far end of the thing

deluxe mexi fries are okay

honestly the super bean burrito is probably the best thing

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

there's no taco times here and i'm drunk but too drunk to go to taco bell so what the gently caress. im lost

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Pillow Clerk posted:

lol at that distribution

a fraidy cat distribution that avoids states with mexicans

Police Academy III
Nov 4, 2011
I ate at a taco town in thunder bay once. I had a huge headache that night and puked up, so avoid taco town imo.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Shasta Orange Soda posted:

looks to be a taco place that puts 90% its locations in places where people dont know what tacos taste like so nobody notices how bad it is

lmao

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
The first ever Taco Time and the first ever Taco Time outside a food court both wen't out of business (I am from the home town of Taco Time). One is now a Subway, the other is an art gallery.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
man if you northern people ever had real tacos you would renounce your current lives and move south

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

gnarlyhotep posted:

man if you northern people ever had real tacos you would renounce your current lives and move south

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqoC_r_nSPU

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
They have tater tots and theres no sonics in seattle

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

ambrosia

MrCerebral
Nov 11, 2013

Police Academy III posted:

I ate at a taco town in thunder bay once. I had a huge headache that night and puked up, so avoid taco town imo.

what business did you have in my humble frigid hometown, hm?

also you are lucky puking was your worst curse and not frequent flaming diarrhea

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

gnarlyhotep posted:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

You have to be specific because there's two different Taco Time franchises; there's Taco Time, but there's also Taco Time Northwest which is the Washington based separatist fast food chain that hosts a slightly different but no less white person menu.

Their crisp burritos are amazing because it's just meat and cheese in a tortilla that's then been deep fried. They also offer a Big Time Mexi BurritoTM which is like a Chipole burrito but with tater tots inside of it (this is an actual product they offer). Be sure to get no less than four shot glasses worth of hot sauce which is dispensed by a pump.

Edit: this sounded disparaging and I didn't want it to be because I really love that god drat tater tot burrito and pump sauce :(

DoombatINC fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Nov 19, 2014

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

I like the crisp beef burritos there but the restaurant in my city barely even cook the mexi-fries. It's seriously unappealing eating poo poo that was undercooked and put under a heat lamp for ten minutes as compenstation.

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

But I want something good
to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Yams Fan
This "Taco Time" sounds an awful lot like Taco Johns. Are you sure you're not talking about that?

It was pretty great when I was being systematically starved by the government and managed to sneak some one day, but it was loving awful when I ran into one in Minot ND a number of years later.

Tater tots have no place in a taco joint.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Wild T posted:

The worst Mexican places are in Europe. Probably because there are no Mexicans.

There was a place I went to that had schnitzel burritos on the menu. Seriously gently caress

truth, my buddy sent me pictures of some lovely 'mexican' place (run by scottish people) that featured such dishes as 'extra mild fajitas' and 'ground beef burritos' that had ketchup in them instead of salsa

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

truth, my buddy sent me pictures of some lovely 'mexican' place (run by scottish people) that featured such dishes as 'extra mild fajitas' and 'ground beef burritos' that had ketchup in them instead of salsa

That is an abomination!

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

But I want something good
to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Yams Fan

Wild T posted:

There was a place I went to that had schnitzel burritos on the menu. Seriously gently caress

Now I'm trying to decide whether I want to go through all of the trouble to make a bunch of schnitzel just to see what a schnitzel burrito would be like or not...

Fastball LIVE in concert
Jul 10, 2010
gonna get me some taco time for lunch.

PandaCookies
Mar 19, 2009

Delicious endangered confection!

gnarlyhotep posted:

That is basically what happened to me.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

PandaCookies posted:

That is basically what happened to me.

welcome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsDmUcvrCbI

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Wild T posted:

The worst Mexican places are in Europe. Probably because there are no Mexicans.

New York is pretty bad, too, most of the cheap mexican places are run by chinese or caribbeans/islanders neither of who really understand what's going on.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
taco time is a good name.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
its the Mexican food version of Burger Time

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

gnarlyhotep posted:

its the Mexican food version of Burger Time

i never heard of any of these eateries so i assume they are terrible.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
It's some kind of hosed up timezone that exists only in taco bells

GMT + 7

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

TOILETLORD posted:

i never heard of any of these eateries so i assume they are terrible.

don't ever eat at Burger Time, the cooks walk on the food

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

gnarlyhotep posted:

don't ever eat at Burger Time, the cooks walk on the food

i buy burgers at taco shops if i want a burger.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

DoombatINC posted:

They also offer a Big Time Mexi BurritoTM which is like a Chipole burrito but with tater tots inside of it (this is an actual product they offer)

Yeah that's the one I had. I mean it was a lot of food for the price, but there is no way this is 'mexican' food.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Ketchup is just gay salsa

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
and Pace is gay ketchup

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
pace extra hot sauce isn't bad. it is genuinely hot. stupid whitebread family members that don't like anything spicy will think it's nuclear hot

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
does taco time at least have a few mexican hot sauces around so you can at least pretend

actually they are the best hot sauces and you should put them on many things

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
not that i saw, but they gave me a hot sauce that wasn't terrible. it didn't really have any flavor though. was just watery red hot stuff

Fastball LIVE in concert
Jul 10, 2010
Their hot sauce is for dumping onto your mexifries deluxe.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

mod sassinator posted:

not that i saw, but they gave me a hot sauce that wasn't terrible. it didn't really have any flavor though. was just watery red hot stuff

ohhh man it better not be louisiana style hot sauce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Monkey Fracas posted:

ohhh man it better not be louisiana style hot sauce

no it was like if you took some red peppers and chili powder, dumped them in a blender, added a lot of water, and hit blend

• Locked thread