Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-lapds-dorner-report-finds-concerns-over-bias-20141113-story.html

Los Angeles Times posted:

A Los Angeles Police Department review of its discipline system prompted by the Christopher Dorner rampage found widespread concerns among officers and civilians that the agency discriminates based on gender, ethnicity and rank, according to a report reviewed by The Times.

The court record in Dorner's appeal shows that the judge was unsure about a key fact. Focus group sessions with more than 500 department employees found that many of those interviewed believed internal investigations were unfair and punishments were subjective, the document said. Among the complaints were that the department overlooks misconduct by high-ranking officials, that discipline is influenced by public and media pressures and that nepotism infects the disciplinary process.

rip sweet prince

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

too good for this world

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
Even in death he evades a cornering.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

he's actually alive, in argentina

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

scalded schlong posted:

he's actually alive, in argentina

This better mean we get Dorner clones.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Cthulu Carl posted:

This better mean we get Dorner clones.

Dornergängers

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
I love you Dorner.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
#dornergate

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

quote:

Among the complaints were that the department overlooks misconduct by high-ranking officials, that discipline is influenced by public and media pressures and that nepotism infects the disciplinary process.

I watched The Shield and I can confirm

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I am Toni Lippi posted:

Even in death he evades a cornering.

RavenKrows
May 29, 2008

woooooooah what a surprise

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

You may be able to corner the Dorner but you can't ever flim flam the zim zam.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

i heard he called up one of the detectives to torment him about his daughter (that he murdered)

that is coooooooooold blooded

I am not a book
Mar 9, 2013

Come back when you've 'shopped The Daip into that

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Dorner was a hero to the greater LA area. For real, gently caress the police. straight from the underground.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

these guys would be epic enemies to the death not partners

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Dude says sky is blue, people are shocked at finding out it's true, News at 11.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

drilldo squirt posted:

Dorner was a hero to the greater LA area. For real, gently caress the police. straight from the underground.

remember those poor women who nearly got murdered in the street because they happened to be driving a truck that was in no way similar to the one dorner had? i think their settlement should've included the right to hit a cop right in the face with a crowbar or something.

quote:

At a news conference on Tuesday this week, Chief Charlie Beck of the Los Angeles Police Department recalled that an officer confused the sound of a paper being thrown against the pavement with that of a gunshot, and opened fire on who he presumed to be the disgruntled former cop. Seven other officers then began shooting.

THESE PEOPLE HAVE GUNS AND BADGES. RUN FOR YOUR loving LIVES PEOPLE.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

lol

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

quote:

The women were delivering newspapers just before dawn on the morning of February 7 when their blue Toyota Tacoma was mistaken mid-route by police for the grey Nissan Titan that Dorner was spotted driving hours earlier.

cops: stupid AND color blind

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I don't think people should shoot cops

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

boom boom boom posted:

poo poo you might as well shoot at them first before you get killed for throwing a goddamn newspaper

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

boom boom boom posted:

counterpoint: people should shoot cops

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
Dornerdämmerung

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

quote:

The eight officers, who fired more than 100 rounds at a truck driven by a mother and her daughter, mistook the sounds of a newspaper hitting the pavement for gunfire, Beck said. [...]

I sympathize with the officers, but I have very high standards,” Beck told reporters.

:downsgun:

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

8 cops, more than 100 rounds and they (amazingly) didn't kill anyone. Do they even teach basic marksmanship in the academy anymore?

Digi_Kraken
Sep 4, 2011

TEAYCHES posted:

too good for this world

This seriously made my day. The legend is real.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
All police officers should be brutally murdered.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

unlimited shrimp posted:

Dornerdämmerung

I am not a book
Mar 9, 2013

boom boom boom posted:

Reported

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012
have they admitted they intentionally torched the cabin to murder him yet or are they still pretending it was a big accident like they did with waco?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

jalopybrown posted:

have they admitted they intentionally torched the cabin to murder him yet or are they still pretending it was a big accident like they did with waco?

it's the lapd what do you think

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i sympathize with the officers

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

lmao at the number of bullet holes in places that don't matter, LA cops can't shoot for poo poo

is that a house in the background :psyduck:

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
LA's three most dangerous gangs: the Crips, the Bloods, and the LAPD.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###

jalopybrown posted:

I hope they didn't burn him in a cabin, if they did he might come back as someone who can kill the children of those who burned him in their dreams.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

haljordan posted:

8 cops, more than 100 rounds and they (amazingly) didn't kill anyone. Do they even teach basic marksmanship in the academy anymore?

They should probably continue not teaching marksmanship.

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

ethanol posted:

lmao at the number of bullet holes in places that don't matter, LA cops can't shoot for poo poo

is that a house in the background :psyduck:

Not surprising. I was driving around once in LA when I heard a fuckton of gunfire. The cops had just wasted a guy around the corner who was running in front of an apartment complex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Dead Precedents posted:

Not surprising. I was driving around once in LA when I heard a fuckton of gunfire. The cops had just wasted a guy around the corner who was running in front of an apartment complex.

yeah they dont give a gently caress

• Locked thread