Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.
j.s. bach is the greatest musician who ever lived and probably better at the thing he did than anybody else in the history of the world has been. maybe shakespeare and euler are comparable. who do you think is better than bach? i will tell you why you're wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

curiously on the corpse.
sam cooke is actually a pretty good answer.

daft punk are good like the same way the beatles are good. yeah they make good poo poo but it's not like they are anywhere close pushing the boundaries of human experience with their work. mozart was obviously an artist of singular genius but to me he never saturates the bounds of the art in the way bach does. admittedly he comes as close as anyone, i'd put him with people like rembrandt, bernini, milton who made things that were obviously beyond the abilities of mortals but whose work never coalesced to a perfect unified whole.

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

curiously on the corpse.

uG posted:

who is better guicci mane or bach?

gucci mane is one of the best rappers of our era but not a timeless genius.

• Locked thread