Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Safety Meetings
Feb 4, 2008

My Instagram is blowin' up 24/7.
so just a bit of background, I work in a labor camp and i'm away from home 3 weeks out of every month. Mostly i've been staying in hotels on my days off, but i've been considering purchasing a property for investment purposes.

I found a condo, which although fairly small is quite a good deal. Around $150k to purchase and $350 a month in strata fees. Looking up the property, it's about 50% hotel, 50% executive style short term rentals for professionals. It's in a very desirable location, by the ocean and right on a golf course.

The one thing that puzzles me is that the places comes fully furnished, and the strata says they will rent the condo out for you while you are not using it. This actually works pretty well for me as I could rent the place out for 3 weeks of the month and just bring my stuff there when I want to stay.

Has anybody heard of these kinds of arrangements before? It sounds a lot like a timeshare to me although with full time ownership.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread