Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I for one am curious how well known they are to the local EMT's and hospital staff

"Yeah guess who went and stabbed themselves in the arm again"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BluPotato
Jul 18, 2006

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

I unironically would like either of their items based on American Indian weapons but rendered in impervious plastic, with detachable screw-in metal bits for extra damage:

So which end do I stick up my butt?

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

lmao

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
drat y'all for reminding me of the Cold Steel products that I unironically want.

Probably the single coolest one is the assegai, the type of short spear that revolutionized warfare for the Zulu.

Cold Steel got 'em for $65.

Here's an amateur video of a guy throwing it up to 35ft in his garage. Seems like a safer alternative to archery if you have a suburban backyard, less likely to go over a fence and hit something, but can still hang out with a few beers chucking it at a padded target.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Give those skateboarding hooligans what for!

http://youtu.be/I0S3cjd-emk?t=4m37s

GET OFF MY LAWN!

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Carol Pizzamom posted:

That's Lynn Thompson, their founder guy. There's a video of him trying to kill some ridiculously dangerous animal with a spear https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKI1xmtf5Ck

That being said cold steel actually makes OK stuff for a low price. I used one of their machetes to do stuff to foliage, it was like 20 bux

I don't care how fat and goony you are, anyone that's willing to throw a spear at a big rear end buffalo from like five feet is a cool dude

these commercials are still loving ridiculous though

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

darealkooky posted:

I don't care how fat and goony you are, anyone that's willing to throw a spear at a big rear end buffalo from like five feet is a cool dude

these commercials are still loving ridiculous though

no no no no no no, this is just proof that even if you're a person cool enough to spear a buffalo then manage to shoot it dead with a .454 immediately because it charged you, you can totally ruin it by being goony as poo poo

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Cthulu Carl posted:

Do they sell champagne swords? I wish to saber my bottles of champagne open like famed author Neal Stephenson

Or I guess like AltonBrown, but ONLY if they also make an extendable pointer fork.

you can do that with a ruler

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
What type and length of nails are recommended for converting the Brooklyn Smasher into an extra-tactical nail-studded bat?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

look at dem titties :forkbomb:

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

fyodor posted:

look at dem titties :forkbomb:

Dig the ripply muscle in the arms. Yum.

Hermetian
Dec 9, 2007
Wonder how much one of those ballistic gel torsos costs.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
it looks like a shovel... but it THROWS like a hatchet!

Trochanter
Sep 14, 2007

It ain't no sin
to take off your skin, And dance around in your bones!

Danger has a way of presenting itself when you least expect it. That’s why Gerber, in collaboration with law enforcement professionals, developed the Impromptu Tactical Pen. Sure, it’s a pen and it’ll serve to take notes like a good pen should, but it’s not your average writing implement. Made from machined steel with a tempered window-shattering tip design, the Impromptu Tactical Pen can be used to break a windshield or defend yourself from an unexpected attack.

Yours for the low price of $62!

Trochanter fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Nov 17, 2014

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Hermetian posted:

Wonder how much one of those ballistic gel torsos costs.

simple models cost around $500, the more detailed ones are obviously more expensive around a few thousand a piece.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Rofl at Dog The Bounty Hunter digging a spec ops hole

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Flesh Forge posted:

I shovel well! I SHOVEL VERY WELL!!

glad you said it first bro :hf:

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Trochanter posted:

Danger has a way of presenting itself when you least expect it. That’s why Gerber, in collaboration with law enforcement professionals, developed the Impromptu Tactical Pen. Sure, it’s a pen and it’ll serve to take notes like a good pen should, but it’s not your average writing implement. Made from machined steel with a tempered window-shattering tip design, the Impromptu Tactical Pen can be used to break a windshield or defend yourself from an unexpected attack.

Yours for the low price of $62!

I am endlessly amazed by the power of a garage band metal soundtrack to market crap.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

If you want a tactical self-defence pen in case you're being mugged while filling out forms or whatever just buy the $7 version off DX.com. I'm sure it does the job just as well, that job being providing pocket-sized proof you're a douche.

http://www.dx.com/p/edc-tactical-outdoor-pen-black-201523#.VGmahvnF98E

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Goons buying Tactical Pens designed for stabbing people itt.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

TACTICAL

PENS.

TACTICAL PENS!

lol

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Cold Steel makes pretty low-quality swords. I'd avoid if possible.

POWERBALL
Feb 16, 2012

by zen death robot
I'm the guy who looks like Paul Blart, or the super-jacked yet disaffected-by-the-cutting-power-of-cold-steel UPS delivery guy.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

If you want a tactical self-defence pen in case you're being mugged while filling out forms or whatever just buy the $7 version off DX.com. I'm sure it does the job just as well, that job being providing pocket-sized proof you're a douche.

http://www.dx.com/p/edc-tactical-outdoor-pen-black-201523#.VGmahvnF98E

quote:

The pen tip can hit criminal effectively and cause temporary hurt; Anti-shock design, protects your fingers from shock; Can break the glass if the bus or house get fire and rescue yourself or others
Other Features Can be as a pen, black refill; With clip, convenient to carry; Great for office workers and outdoor lovers

yeah let me hand them the credit card number right away

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Y'all are talking about TACTICAL pens, but didn't notice the Cold Steel Sharkie?

It's a tactical sharpie:

quote:

Superficially, it shares many features common to most markers, but appearances can be deceptive. For starters, it's made from high impact plastic and features walls that are 4 times thicker than similar markers. This means it's built for impact and will survive the meanest blows and roughest treatment imaginable and still function like new. Drop it, smash it, roll over it with a car, and it will bounce back.

Here's a guy in a karate outfit smashing boards with their sharpie, and he's not the only guy posting videos of smashing stuff with this product: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRlfAwfNWAA

EDIT: Huh, they changed the name to "Pocket Shark" and photo-negatived the colors. Looks like somebody got hit with a lawsuit threat!

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

Verisimilidude posted:

lol no

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Volume posted:

yeah let me hand them the credit card number right away

Well would you rather your wallet get jacked by some dude in a hoodie and sunglasses?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

who doesn't walk around with a stabbing implement ready in their hands at all times

i mean it's totally natural to stab a hoodie wearing motherfucker you gotta have the tactical pen all unscrewed and ready to stick a bitch right

nice that the pro tier shank has no metal, perfect for getting it onto planes so you can stab pilots or w/e

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Flesh Forge posted:

who doesn't walk around with a stabbing implement ready in their hands at all times

i mean it's totally natural to stab a hoodie wearing motherfucker you gotta have the tactical pen all unscrewed and ready to stick a bitch right

nice that the pro tier shank has no metal, perfect for getting it onto planes so you can stab pilots or w/e

that's exactly what those tac pens are for btw, scared fat white dudes that fancy themselves shadetree air marshals and are convinced that they need _something_ to take down the next mohammed atta

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
it's for places you can't even carry a knife, like if they get mugged in a courtroom or in the oval office.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

More like you get mad at the judge for deciding against you in family court and want to shank his rear end amirite

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp

Flesh Forge posted:

More like you get mad at the judge for deciding against you in family court and want to shank his rear end amirite

you are correct flesh forge

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

that's a pretty nifty sword but i don't think eating meat after its fallen on the ground is healthy for you

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Lack of Gravitas posted:

that's a pretty nifty sword but i don't think eating meat after its fallen on the ground is healthy for you

Just out of frame: a man lies on the ground with his mouth agape

rckbikes
Jul 20, 2009

TAKE THE FUCKING ELEPHANT!

Verisimilidude posted:

uh i've seen the videos and know fine quality when i see a 40 year old portly man wailing at a rope with a pocket knife thank u

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bdfx7l4z5cQ

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I don't know about chopping a hanging rope or slicing a watermelon at 10 paces but I've used an everyday garden shovel to chop the head off of a giant loving snake that crawled into my parents' backyard from the drainage area behind their house and I'm thinking I could probably be just as lethal with the one I used for that as the tactical shovel against a pig tied to a post or a person standing completely still and not reacting at all to me walking up and smashing him in the dome

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
IF ONLY IT WERE TACTICAL AM I RITE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acs6ehVgLIk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

would

• Locked thread