Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

i dont think she's native american at all....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A CISHET SHITLORD
Sep 10, 2014

LOURDE OF THE SHITS
Pillbug

Lack of Gravitas posted:

that's a pretty nifty sword but i don't think eating meat after its fallen on the ground is healthy for you

Look at that man. Do you think he gives a single gently caress if something is healthy before it disappears down his ham-encrusted gullet?

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Reminder that the guy who blew the whistle on google and apple (etc's) salary-fixing agreement was shot by police because he was brandishing one of these.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

Cthulu Carl posted:

This one is pretty amazing because I was shocked to find out they have a guy on staff capable of doing pull-ups.

Hey Ron Balicki works there. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Balicki)

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Ork of Fiction posted:

Reminder that the guy who blew the whistle on google and apple (etc's) salary-fixing agreement was shot by police because he was brandishing one of these.

hmm. keychain vibrator. disrupt your interactions with the police

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Well would you rather your wallet get jacked by some dude in a hoodie and sunglasses?

Dude in the second pic looks like he's giggling.

"Tee hee your tactical pen tickles!"

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
Hey I got stabbed with a pen before, I can say normal BIC pens work just fine for stabbing people :colbert:

Pebergehund
Jan 21, 2010

5 hits per second!!!! Thats some sweet dps right there

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.
If you guys don't think swords and chopping up stuff is super awesome I don't know what the hell is wrong with you.

Sent from my tactical computer.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Scoff. It doesn't even have a rail to mount my flashlight and dot sight.

Also, I think using it to chop down a hanging rope is the least likely application ever.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Hellbeard posted:

If you guys don't think swords and chopping up stuff is super awesome I don't know what the hell is wrong with you.

Sent from my tactical computer.

Yeah but if you're more than 20 lbs overweight and dressed like a fascist mall cop, hacking into a pig head with a shovel or stabbing a ballistics dummy in the gut while uttering a guttural yell born from decades of romantic rejection/being in close proximity to minorities just looks ridiculous.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

Frostwerks posted:

i dont think she's native american at all....

Cultural appropriation; somebody alert the Tumblr.

Steeltalon
Feb 14, 2012

Perps were uncooperative.

Cold steel fan art is the best

Also the best video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hfLZozBVpM

Steeltalon fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Nov 17, 2014

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Cthulu Carl posted:

Yeah but if you're more than 20 lbs overweight and dressed like a fascist mall cop, hacking into a pig head with a shovel or stabbing a ballistics dummy in the gut while uttering a guttural yell born from decades of romantic rejection/being in close proximity to minorities just looks ridiculous.

I'm still not hearing any downsides in your argument . Also, lol goons are just more than 20 lbs. overweight.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Wamdoodle posted:

I'm still not hearing any downsides in your argument . Also, lol goons are just more than 20 lbs. overweight.

Brownshirt cosplay and gutteral rage yells are key to the ridiculousness. Weight alone is insufficient.

Dog the bounty hunter digging holes will never not be awesome though.

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

CHILD RAPE IS FINE WHEN I LIKE THE RAPIST
None of you have watched this brilliant commentary on social mores yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfOTIsh4X4Q

I am not a book
Mar 9, 2013

Steeltalon posted:

The meat-filled boots really seal the deal

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

there was a video where they actually had the meat boots that i saw years ago but they have like 1000 videos.

are their swords like actually well made? i have no barometer for sword quality because i like to live my life completely undefended against the dangers of street hoodie guys, office muggers, and supreme court panthers

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

In the Apocalypse, your ability to cut the meat filled boots of your opponent will have to be at almost his level if you expect to prevent the Meat Uprising.

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx
Armeatgeddon

(or Carnegeddon as it will probably be known south of the border)

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

FirstPersonShitter posted:

are their swords like actually well made? i have no barometer for sword quality because i like to live my life completely undefended against the dangers of street hoodie guys, office muggers, and supreme court panthers

Nope. The tangs are typically welded onto the blade, meaning they have a tendency to snap where the blade meets the grip. They're also not really well heat-treated, meaning they will bend more easily than other swords. You get what you pay for, which in the sword-world translates to: pay less, get less. Also they're not sharp out of the box, you have to sharpen them yourself.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

there was a video where they actually had the meat boots that i saw years ago but they have like 1000 videos.

I actually owned one of their er "kukri" machetes once. It was 20 dollars and I didn't give a poo poo what brand it was. It was the best $20 blade I've ever had I guess :confused:. Unlike 99% of the poo poo they are known for, this was like an actually useful thing to own. Of course it had to do with the blade's design, which has nothing to do with them, and "quality" in this case means

1) dont break

because its the kind of the thing you sharpen with a fat file and cut down small trees with. I hosed that thing up and it never quit.

But just knowing what company its from made it embarrassing. Luckily it didn't have a logo

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Verisimilidude posted:

they're not sharp out of the box, you have to sharpen them yourself.
Well, considering the type of people who'd buy from cold steel, that's probably a good thing.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Yeah, some of these swords on the internet are listed as "combat ready", but what does that mean? Does it just guarantee the blade won't snap off and poke you it he eye when you are chopping soda bottles in your back yard?

I'm going to look like a real idiot when the my county clerk announces a call to arms and I'm standing there in a field, waiting for battle, but without a combat ready broadsword to call my own.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Arian_Samurai posted:

Yeah, some of these swords on the internet are listed as "combat ready", but what does that mean? Does it just guarantee the blade won't snap off and poke you it he eye when you are chopping soda bottles in your back yard?

I'm going to look like a real idiot when the my county clerk announces a call to arms and I'm standing there in a field, waiting for battle, but without a combat ready broadsword to call my own.

"Combat ready" doesn't really mean anything.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

if i drove a van i'd put this on the side of it

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

Verisimilidude posted:

Nope. The tangs are typically welded onto the blade, meaning they have a tendency to snap where the blade meets the grip. They're also not really well heat-treated, meaning they will bend more easily than other swords. You get what you pay for, which in the sword-world translates to: pay less, get less. Also they're not sharp out of the box, you have to sharpen them yourself.

Probably a lot of readers have already seen this, but for the young folks here's a 2005 or so clip from Home Shopping Network showing the downsides of cheap swords: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7e77oXjFkIs

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Steeltalon posted:

this is baller as gently caress

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

meat feet :barf:

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Probably a lot of readers have already seen this, but for the young folks here's a 2005 or so clip from Home Shopping Network showing the downsides of cheap swords: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7e77oXjFkIs

Of course the upside to a cheap sword is that you waste less money on it than an expensive sword.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Of course the upside to a cheap sword is that you waste less money on it than an expensive sword.

the other upside is that it almost killed that con artist pitchman

Pickle dicker
May 25, 2014

by XyloJW

darealkooky posted:

throw a spear at a big rear end buffalo from like five feet is a cool dude

Goons have a very odd definition of "cool" :btroll:

hectik
Dec 20, 2009
I bought their Inferno spray because I wanted some eye fucker spray and their videos are funny.

Employees and acquaintances of Lynn gettin' sprayed. Plus the fourth vid is the man himself taking it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwiYR9WzSPY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAXf8c_7bqo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bqic1QNyfx8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3e345mjW8A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg0Q_qaVjyU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQCHdNTX2AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohPgQIbcmiI

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Verisimilidude posted:

is the tang the cross bit above the hilt?

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
swords not words

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

is the tang the cross bit above the hilt?

It's the piece that goes into the grip. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tang_(weaponry)

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

The portion above the grip is called the poon.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

The area beneath the grip is known as the balls, and careful manipulation by a master can give a very rewarding swordfighting experience.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
Lynn Thompson reminds me of Theodore Roosevelt. Fat asthmatic goony guy who is really into the idea of going off to honorable war to prove their martial prowess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

fanged wang posted:

i was totally down with lynn until i just now found out he kills elephants and giraffes and stuff and now i want to stick a tactical shovel up his rear end

Yeah I'd be mad too if it wasn't for the fact that the massive pile of money he spends doing that makes the people of the area protect what they have from poachers and actually manage their wildlife population.

• Locked thread