Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

hemale in pain posted:

watch this dude pay to murder animals at point blank range, not even managing kill shots, with flashes like "HUNTING MACHINE" on the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKTeEmNUkjw

What do you mean not even managing kill shots? You know that animals don't immediately drop dead like bad guys in the movies right? Many of those animals did drop immediately though. Many times when you shoot a deer or an elk they'll run pretty far then bed down to die, and that's after being shot through the lungs.

Those looked like some pretty drat good shots with a pistol.

Ramsus fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Nov 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Sappo569 posted:

I can see red text in your future

pls give the 'tax some money

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Sappo569 posted:

No my :10bux: was enough, someone else will have to fall on this sword sharpened shovel for me

stfu bitch

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

:allears: fuckin lol at that fat, bitch-weak spear throw :laffo:

imagine for a moment that was your dad

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

fanged wang posted:

i was totally down with lynn until i just now found out he kills elephants and giraffes and stuff and now i want to stick a tactical shovel up his rear end

Yeah I'd be mad too if it wasn't for the fact that the massive pile of money he spends doing that makes the people of the area protect what they have from poachers and actually manage their wildlife population.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Just carry a gun.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
I want the Boar Spear, but we don't have feral hogs in Oregon and spear hunting isn't legal here anyways.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

hmm, good self defense

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKk45i9DzDA

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
I'm related to Taft. Was Taft tough?

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Okay now I'm not gay for having a spear right?
http://www.coldsteel.com/Cold-Steel-Boar-Spear-Defends-Family-From-Cougar-Attack.aspx

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Cthulu Carl posted:

Not gonna lie, I do want a halberd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxWnnE3PzrE

I feel like there might come a day when I want to chop down a tree that's four feet away from me. And just think of the tactical hole I could dig with it!

I want that halberd too, but I can't justify paying for it in any way.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
I have a couple rubber knives and took them out once when drinking with friends. We squared off to see who could get the first stab in and it was kind of freaky knowing how hosed you'd be if they were real. I'm pretty sure you can't knife fight without both parties getting cut up.

e. also I was driving through the heart of Salem Oregon the other night and the soccer field by the college was filled with nerds in the freezing cold larping with cardboard swords.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

ZombieParts posted:

awww yeah that's three of us that have the gladius

THIRTEEN!

I have the gladius, Assegai Spear with short shaft, and the boar spear with long shaft. I want to spear hunt, but it's illegal in Oregon. Unrelated, but I also have a really nice traditional long bow that I'm trying to get good enough to hunt with. Not confident enough with it yet though.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Decrepus posted:

The flipping and spinning and slow twirling of the double hand axes is funny when you compare it to the Goon in his backyard with a longsword that could have decapitated him within an instant.

Ultimate Warrior: Backyard Longswordsman

I think the backyard swiss halberd or long shaft boar spear would win and I'm an expert in medievil hypotheticals I know nothing about.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

How's the quality on the short assegai?

Have you tried throwing it? How's it work for that?

Seems good for the price. I've never thrown it at anything though.

But the first time I took the sheath off was kind of a holy poo poo moment. Getting stuck with that huge goddamn thing would be one of the most terrible things to go through.

e. Just look at the damage this thing can do, and that's not going all the way in. This is the boar spear btw, but the assegai has the same head. The boar spear just has the prongs that doesn't let it go in any further.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXHZ3ImqMv4

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
I can imagine a post apocalyptic world where I come across of a band of these chunks. They are playing nice but waiting for me to give then any reason to start hacking me up.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Why the gently caress would you throw a sword anyways?

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
As far as I can tell all their poo poo is made in South Africa. So locally I guess they just eat.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
lmao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmMBb4DShT0

dog the bounty hunter catches a snake

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

fanged wang posted:

please teach me the art of self defense with a weapon that is illegal to carry in every civilized nation on the planet. i can pay you.

Except the countries in the free continents of South America, North America, Africa, Antarctica, and most of Asia. Suck it Europe and Australia.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

FRINGE posted:

Wait Europe seriously banned bladed weapons? Is there some new panic over a Moorish Crusade? Did The Church find evidence of witchery? Only the Knighted get to bear the holy blade?

Europe is continent of big babies that can't be trusted to do anything

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

fanged wang posted:

wtf i said civilized

no you cannot carry a sword in the vast majority of united states and canada

lol what? I can go walk around with a sword pretty much anywhere except for maybe some stupid city where they would think I'm a terrorist ninja. Not sure why I'd need to walk around with a sword though.

e. http://blogs.findlaw.com/blotter/2014/02/is-it-legal-to-carry-a-sword-in-public.html You can't conceal it is all. It's funny you think that I could walk around with an AR-15 with ammunition in the clip all day long in public but a sword is a no no.

Ramsus fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Nov 25, 2014

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

fanged wang posted:

wrapped up in something so it doesn't look like a goddamn sword and you can't draw it easily i'm sure it's fine but that's not what is implied by the word carry, that implies it's ready to be used in self defense against roaming bands of feral thugs, drawn in one swift motion that slices your first foe so quickly he doesn't even realize he's been cut until he takes a few steps and his body splits in half lengthwise

Yeah no actually that would be illegal if it was concealed, get a clue bozo

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Wall Balls posted:

this thread is a great knife nerd honeypot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
I demand credit for this story as I posted it pages ago. Honor me.

• Locked thread