Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Mulefisk posted:

People think being in Sweden is like being in IKEA. Obviously they will come if you feed them lies like that.

Being in IKEA is preparation for hell, it is existential crisis inducing nightmare material

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
scotchland did want independence because they love the taste of english dicks

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Hogge Wild posted:

pretty sure that isn't true

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Independence sounded like work

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Hogge Wild posted:

the english dicks pay good money though

Iprazochrome
Nov 3, 2008
Scotland realized it would be too hard so they decided not to bother

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

273423-X posted:

Scotland realized it would be too hard so they decided not to bother

It's also a scary thought being without their pale weird neighbors

Also the brights dangled things like more local rule and other sweeteners, even though they didn't live up to them after the referendum failed.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

loco moco posted:

Independence sounded like work

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

i dont get it are you saying they should start doing what the racists want

The Danes/Norwegians/Finns are very annoyed that we don't

Sweden stands firm. This their simple minds cannot comprehend, and so they lash out - at Sweden and immigrants both.

We forgive them, though, because they are a simple and backwards people. Without our guidance they know not what they do.

At least scots understand to bow to their betters. England doesn't have to put up with this crap :colbert:

Cake Smashing Boob fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Nov 17, 2014

I Pledge The Legence
Sep 18, 2009

Gleaming the Cube
fud, basically. and fuds, which are different things.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

return0 posted:

The same reason I imagine poor people in the US vote Republican (propaganda, a biased media FUD campaign, old people). I live in Scotland and voted for independence, it sucks.

Yep same. Still sad

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
Scotland without the rest of the UK would have been poor as gently caress. The average life expectancy there struggles to get above 60 and it's one of the most poverty stricken parts of the UK.

Alex Salmonds only idea was that oil would not only cover the amount the rest of the UK gives them in tax money every year, but it would also allow them to lower taxes and spend more money.

Basically the whole idea was dumb as gently caress and if you needed evidence that Scotland is poorly educated look no further than the fact that 4 in 10 Scots believed it would all work out.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So Scotland is UK's version of the American South?

Bunch of uneducated assholes, poverty, and lovely life expectancy.

I kinda see why England and Wales would want to kick out the Scots, bunch of hill billies.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Snatch Duster posted:

I kinda see why England and Wales would want to kick out the Scots, bunch of hill billies.

Pretty much this.

It's only a matter of time until an offended Scot barges in telling us how they have some of the best universities in the world (they don't) and a burgeoning tech industry (they don't) and a great legal system (they don't) and it would be a rich country if only the bloody English would let them get their hands on the oil.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Because they like free prescriptions, free higher-education, and a higher government tax spend per person.

It's a no-brainer.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

spud posted:

Because they like free prescriptions, free higher-education, and a higher government tax spend per person.

It's a no-brainer.

But what about William Wallace. What about liberty, what about fighting for an ideal rather than self interest??

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hexel posted:

But what about William Wallace. What about liberty, what about fighting for an ideal rather than self interest??

William Wallace is Scotlands version John Wilkes Booth.

Makes you think.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry
William Wallace was hung, drawn, and quartered as he begged for his life and lost control of his bowls. This didn't even happen in the Tower of London because that's reserved for nobles.

He didn't even go down fighting.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

pretty sure that isn't true

Scotland seems Tsundere as gently caress towards England.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Much like dogs, Scots were bred to be submissive.

The fact that they even submit to a people as weak as the English (genetically just French offshost of runaway colonists) proves that eugenics work.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Something something British Empire something something

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Kitchner posted:

Scotland without the rest of the UK would have been poor as gently caress. The average life expectancy there struggles to get above 60 and it's one of the most poverty stricken parts of the UK.

Alex Salmonds only idea was that oil would not only cover the amount the rest of the UK gives them in tax money every year, but it would also allow them to lower taxes and spend more money.

Basically the whole idea was dumb as gently caress and if you needed evidence that Scotland is poorly educated look no further than the fact that 4 in 10 Scots believed it would all work out.

This is wrong.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Randler posted:

Much like dogs, Scots were bred to be submissive.

The fact that they even submit to a people as weak as the English (genetically just French offshost of runaway colonists) proves that eugenics work.

return0
Apr 11, 2007

Snatch Duster posted:

It's actually the not this, the racist parties that appeal to uneducated voters tend to be more popular in England (see UKIP). Tertiary education is free in Scotland while people have to pay for it in the rest of the UK. You are right that there is a lot of systemic poverty and lack of investment in Scotland, especially in Glasgow, but this is common in other non-London parts of the UK. The UK also parks its nuclear missiles like right next to Glasgow despite it being a major population centre.

Absalom Baird
Jul 13, 2010
Probably bc it's fookin shite bein Scawtish

at least that's what "Trainspotting" told me

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

William Wallace would turn in his grave over this if he had arms or legs or a head.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Heh, you think that election was legitimate?

What about mass reports of dud ballots?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Accretionist posted:

Heh, you think that election was legitimate?

What about mass reports of dud ballots?
Please let's not.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

mysterious loyall Y posted:

Please let's not.

People deserve the truth.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

mysterious loyall Y posted:

Please let's not.

Just asking questions, buddy

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Accretionist posted:

Just asking questions, buddy
honestly i was doomsaying that the thing would be rigged before the vote but we lost by such a huge margin that i don't think any rigging/not-rigging would have changed the result. just makes us look like even sorer losers than we really are (and i am one)

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I was just joking. Stolen elections look like Bush's wins in '00 in Florida and in '04 in Ohio.

But you guys should hold another referendum and get it done this time.

return0
Apr 11, 2007
1,617,989 people voted yes.

2,001,926 people voted no.

The election had a turnout of like 85%.

There are not many people in Scotland.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
i'm sure a few more years having their faces ground in the dirt by the crushing tyranny of the english jackboot will change the minds of 200,000-odd scots

gorki
Aug 9, 2014
because 2,001,926 scots are FAWNNIES :bahgawd::scotland:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Scotland is basically Stephen from Django.

• Locked thread