Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
opus111
Jul 6, 2014

I like the Internet and mini skirts and heels but imo that's all the modern world has to offer. Given the choice of any era I would choose either Victorian England or Vienna circa 1850s. Reasons :

I would have liked to have been a Victorian gentleman and dally around London with a cane walking through the parks saying. 'Wot wot', belonging to a club and then picking up a plump little prossie later on.

I would have liked to see the masters play and go to soriees e.g masked balls and gently caress a Hapsburg.

Oh, Ancient Greece too because then I could train in rhetoric and have what I think is the coolest job in history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
ummm the one where i bludgeon

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
check da sig VVVVV

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I wish I was born in 1965 and got to spend my young adulthood in the golden age of popular culture, the nineteen eighties. Thanks for asking OP, enjoy this track: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFq4E9XTueY

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
i'd like to go back to july 4, 2014

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
2100 so i can gently caress a robot

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
I'd like to be born in Egypt like just after the awesome 'mids were built.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
2145 so i can free all the robot fuckslaves

newbinator
Nov 14, 2014

Get your shit together, and put it in a backpack, all your shit, so it's together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere. You know? Take it to the shit store and sell it. Or put it in a shit museum, I don't care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
Get your shit together.
Anytime before 1983 because aids didn't exist and I could screw so many bitches unprotected with no consequence.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Alternatively sometime after 3k so i could drive to work in my GUNDAM

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
whenever there was a plague so i could just get this poo poo over with

itsgotmetoo
Oct 5, 2006

by zen death robot
The one with the dick sucking robots.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

the 60s: loose women and as much lsd as you can eat

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
i'd be an apache warrior so i could speak with spirits and scalp white people.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
"my future" lmao nice one rear end in a top hat

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
This is the time period i want to be in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzOjE8fYIP8

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

I wanna take a whizz in the primordial soup

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
i'm pretty much ok with the hand i was dealt. i got to grow up with rock 'n' roll.

also i smoked weed and i hosed hippie chicks and protested the vietnam war and saw the birth of the internet and probly banged ur mom and maybe your grandma too.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
The 50s, life was so much simpler & better & everyone knew there place!!!!!!!!!!!!

There were no societal problems at all!!!!!!!

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007
100 years in the future when machines have taken all our jobs and most of humanity gets to sit around on welfare and smoke weed 24/7

feller
Jul 5, 2006

WE ARE SORRY FOR THE GENOCIDE OF YOUR PEOPLE NATIVE AMERICAN GHOSTS

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

10 minutes before the big bang

Pierat
Mar 29, 2008
ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE THE BNP

sorry im not sorry for the genocide of your people native american ghosts

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
TYOOL 500,000

Seriously there's no reason to want to exist at any time during the past unless you're wealthy.
Cuz it sucked pretty hard to be a prole.

Fart Puzzle
Jul 25, 2007

compressed fart pieces

After spending a week in the hospital, it's this time period that I wish I was born in. Oh hey your lung randomly collapsed? Well here is some whiskey, now head into the woods and die human being lol. Oh you need an IV? Let me just strap your arm to this board so I can shove this reused needle into you, don't worry we will pour some whiskey on it.

gently caress the past, always move forward or loving die in a puddle of your own poo poo and piss

Lard on Fork
Feb 22, 2006
I mean I will holler at it
I wish I had never been born, OP.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Whenever civilization advances to a mass effect/Star Wars type level where space travel is no big thing. Mainly because they'd probably have holo decks by then and I'd bang holo deck skanks 16hrs a day (24 if they do away with sleep by then).

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

dee eight posted:

i'm pretty much ok with the hand i was dealt. i got to grow up with rock 'n' roll.

also i smoked weed and i hosed hippie chicks and protested the vietnam war and saw the birth of the internet and probly banged ur mom and maybe your grandma too.

and now, in the autumn of your years, you find yourself posting in the gbs subforum at something awful dot com

truly a life well lived

FreddyJackieTurner
May 15, 2008

0 AD so I could save Jesus.

Woden
May 6, 2006
10 mins before the first fleet hit Australia so I could tell them to gently caress off we're full.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
Whenever someone discovers a cure for my crippling ennui.

Notmypants
Jan 3, 2014

Pants pants moose pants.
1999 so I could watch Lowtax create SA, get an account as a baby and become a social experiment on what your brain looks like when you're exposed to stupid poo poo for your whole life.

(Stay safe, feather ghost)

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Any time after the singularity so my livelihood wasn't tied to my vocation.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

mind the walrus posted:

Any time after the singularity so my livelihood wasn't tied to my vocation.

lol if you believe that AI's would be capable of mercy.

Lil Bit O Vitriol
Jan 10, 2010
I'd want to be a Gallic child living in Alesia in August 52BCE

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
I'd switch places with my father. His generation had it all.

Notmypants
Jan 3, 2014

Pants pants moose pants.

Benito Hitlerstalin posted:

I'd switch places with my father. His generation had it all.

Would you have made his choices?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
The roaring 20s sounded fun as poo poo, though I would rather not have to live through the 30s and 40s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009
October 22nd 4004 bce. I want to confuse the hell out of God.

• Locked thread