Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
stop bullshittin man, being sober loving sucks. and i dont mean "not drinking or doing drugs for a long period" i just mean not being inebriated. sorry you cant control yourself from getting out of hand, honestly neither can i but i can get up for work in the morning. sucks that you can't crack open a beer and watch football, id probably just off myself at that point tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
Okay

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

shiksa posted:

stop bullshittin man, being sober loving sucks. and i dont mean "not drinking or doing drugs for a long period" i just mean not being inebriated. sorry you cant control yourself from getting out of hand, honestly neither can i but i can get up for work in the morning. sucks that you can't crack open a beer and watch football, id probably just off myself at that point tbh

i never work earlier than noon pretty awesome.

Tebulot
Apr 25, 2007

im hip now bois

Pillbug
I'm quitting smoking and it loving sucks just saying

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Tebulot posted:

dunno how long you smoke my gramps smoked for 40 years made it to 87, he only quit when he said it cost too much.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Tebulot posted:

yeah smoking owns

but god drat the smell is horrendous and clings to your body and clothes, and it's costly. if there wasn't a lingering smell then i'd probably still smoke.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
i almost want to start smoking becasue i feel i need a new addictive habit, i just can't afford it, bet if i started smoking i'd be up to 3 packs a day in under a year.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

TOILETLORD posted:

i almost want to start smoking becasue i feel i need a new addictive habit, i just can't afford it, bet if i started smoking i'd be up to 3 packs a day in under a year.

move to the carolinas

its almost encouraged

Tebulot
Apr 25, 2007

im hip now bois

Pillbug
Yeah I live in Australia where the government has found the easiest source of revenue in existence, called the tobacco tax. Basically every year they raise the cost of cigarettes until as of this year, a pack of 30 will set you back about 24 bucks, and a pouch to roll your own is 50 bucks.

gently caress that.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

What

Tebulot
Apr 25, 2007

im hip now bois

Pillbug
Yeah welcome to living in Australia, the most expensive place in existence, where even drm games on steam cost more than the original release price due to import tax. Somehow.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

TOILETLORD posted:

Don't, it's genuinely not fun. You start to have crazy lung pain whenever you do physical poo poo and while you can push through just to prove you can it's really not worth the trouble.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

what kind of idiot starts smoking

lmao yeah i wanna smell and taste like ashtray and spend shitloads of money and die of one of the worst kidns of cancer sign me up ill be cool as gently caress

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
yea problem with smoking is that i like doing a lot of hiking/backpacking, and running, and hot drat it makes it a hell of a lot more harder and you'll perform a lot worse. the second worst part is the smell that repels non-smokers and lingers on clothes and breathe. of course if youre fat, sedimentary and single then i guess it wouldn't matter so you should prolly start smoking.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

the best thing about smoking is the crowd of smokers huddled outside in the rain in the middle of winter like animals trying to keep warm and dry

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers

Tebulot posted:

Yeah I live in Australia where the government has found the easiest source of revenue in existence, called the tobacco tax. Basically every year they raise the cost of cigarettes until as of this year, a pack of 30 will set you back about 24 bucks, and a pouch to roll your own is 50 bucks.

gently caress that.

lol suck it shitlord

spatula massacre
Aug 2, 2012

I don't want to be your little research monkey boy, the creature that I am is only going to destroy.

Jesus Christ posted:

lol suck it shitlord

That is the driest tobacco ever. It's like rolling a brick into a cigarette.

Buy amber leaf and stop scrimping on the cheapest poo poo.

E: also clean your laptop screen its filthy.

rckbikes
Jul 20, 2009

TAKE THE FUCKING ELEPHANT!

Jesus Christ posted:

lol suck it shitlord

poo poo i mean i just grab a pack of newports from the 7/11 i live next to like a fine american

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

spatula massacre posted:

That is the driest tobacco ever. It's like rolling a brick into a cigarette.

Buy amber leaf and stop scrimping on the cheapest poo poo.

E: also clean your laptop screen its filthy.

This batch is perfectly moist, maybe you've just had a dry batch?

And yeah, my monitor is dirty 'cause it's a touchscreen and I haven't bothered to clean it in a couple weeks 'cause :effort:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

gggiiimmmppp posted:

the best thing about smoking is the crowd of smokers huddled outside in the rain in the middle of winter like animals trying to keep warm and dry

The gently caress do you mean like animals? Humans are animals.

:goonsay:

Tebulot
Apr 25, 2007

im hip now bois

Pillbug

Jesus Christ posted:

lol suck it shitlord

You're a really mean person. Where is it you live?

I ask not in an internet toughguy threatening sense, in a that's an interesting looking pouch you have there and where would one get something like that sense?

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

be careful, your schade toe could get roken

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

lol smoking kills you in the worst ways imaginable and makes your life a living hell for years beforehand just do weed or meth or whatever

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
27 years, never been drunk on alcohol. tried it a few times but neither my tastebuds nor my digestion care for it. everyone i've interacted with while they were drunk acted like a loving sub-autist idiot and the feeling of solitude caused by this contributed to my own mental issues. hth, op

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

Xaris posted:

...of course if youre fat, sedimentary and single then i guess it wouldn't matter so you should prolly start smoking.

:golfclap:

Also, being sober is nice, but I drink everyday and get buzzed because I have to deal with the laziest and most destructive kids (but also the most tubey one :kiddo:) so maybe that's why

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

quakster posted:

27 years, never been drunk on alcohol. tried it a few times but neither my tastebuds nor my digestion care for it. everyone i've interacted with while they were drunk acted like a loving sub-autist idiot and the feeling of solitude caused by this contributed to my own mental issues. hth, op

you should smoke weed and stop being such a self-righteous weirdo sperg

generative grammer
Jul 28, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
yeah, being sober around drunk people sucks

otoh whisky is too good to be wasted by drinking socially

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Alcohol is a drug and drugs are for idiots.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

subhuman filth posted:

you should smoke weed and stop being such a self-righteous weirdo sperg
agreed. reading comprehension is overrated

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
bAth slats....... ZOmbY VIRis DRuG!!!!!!! :eyepop:

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

i'm a buddhist monk op

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

Tebulot posted:

You're a really mean person. Where is it you live?

I ask not in an internet toughguy threatening sense, in a that's an interesting looking pouch you have there and where would one get something like that sense?

They're Lucky Strikes, can find 'em at nearly every corner store / night shop / gas station and at most grocery stores (though some grocery stores only carry the red and blue variants which aren't as good) here in Belgium. I never saw them in the states but Bali Shag / Peter Stokkebye is really good, and yah the pouch is cool, it's made of kind of a wax paper.

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
...and what about the kick in the groin?

TOILETLORD posted:

Just start chewing tobacco and rot your face off if you want a new awful habit.

Weed is where it's at. Eat it, smoke it whatever.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Sobriety loving sucks, but when you've hosed yourself into a cyclical addiction pattern, the days when you're not having to aggressively fight off withdrawal and cravings are better than the ones you are.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I'm sober for 14 years and I dont really miss it.

Dr. Heart Collapse
Oct 30, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
once i get money i'm gonna do coke non stop, currently do mdma bout twice a month and weed a lot too but it trips me out

i miss drinking though i've been off it for a year now somehow, and masturbation

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

quakster posted:

Try getting drunk alone.

POWERBALL
Feb 16, 2012

by zen death robot
Why would I do drugs when I can alter my mind in more fulfilling ways, like playing a meaningful video game or watching a thought provoking episode of evangelion. Drugs are for losers with no imagination and pseudo philosophical idiots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POWERBALL
Feb 16, 2012

by zen death robot
Alcohol is a drug too btw.

• Locked thread