Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA

Scrotos posted:

Well I am also coming for Jeff. I was behind both of you.

Right but with Jeff "teetering on the edge of a fire sale" and trading three offensive starters for a lesser starter and a prospect that removes a bit of the competition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA
god drat do I love arthur trades lmao

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
drat jeff, you straight up murdered arthur in that trade. Cold as ice

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
That might be the funniest goddamn trade I've ever seen.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:
Seriously Arthur just handed him that player.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.
This offseason is not going so well

chutwig
May 28, 2001

BURLAP SATCHEL OF CRACKERJACKS

you're a rascal, York

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

chutwig posted:

you're a rascal, York

I love when free agents go from "you're leading" to "signed with another team haha gently caress you" over one cycle!!

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."
For posterity's sake I did the old "hey I saw Todd Davis on the trade block, what are you looking for" attached to something like Norberto Ayala, Tucker, and Felix Masato and well that showed up as the counteroffer. I am as confused as everyone else to be honest

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

jeff posted! jeff posted? jeff posted.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

jeffersonlives posted:

For posterity's sake I did the old "hey I saw Todd Davis on the trade block, what are you looking for" attached to something like Norberto Ayala, Tucker, and Felix Masato and well that showed up as the counteroffer. I am as confused as everyone else to be honest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMdwFkO8xA0

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
You know for all that art gets called out in this thread, I don't think I get called out for being a bad owner nearly often enough. I'm actually considering a trade with art that, in the long run, I think he wins, and I'm still considering it.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

gardenald posted:

You know for all that art gets called out in this thread, I don't think I get called out for being a bad owner nearly often enough. I'm actually considering a trade with art that, in the long run, I think he wins, and I'm still considering it.

It's a great trade and you should do it because you rule as a person and we are best friends.

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I think swords are neat. Do you think swords are neat?!

ArtVandelay posted:

It's a great trade and you should do it because you rule as a person and we are best friends.

why are you talking about trade offers in here instead of responding to ones you get

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Nerokerubina posted:

why are you talking about trade offers in here instead of responding to ones you get

I'm thinking about it, and trying to get more offers on Peters before i pull the trigger.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.

ArtVandelay posted:

I'm so bad at this game

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Tradezzzz :rock:

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

Del Lorenzo: The syphilis of the AL North. How the hell is there so much in-division trading in this division

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

gardenald posted:

Del Lorenzo: The syphilis of the AL North. How the hell is there so much in-division trading in this division

because i'm in it

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

gardenald posted:

I'm so bad at this game

That trade is a phenomenal win for you.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

AlleyViper posted:

That trade is a phenomenal win for you.

Seriously. You just robbed Art blind, then took him out behind a wood shed beat him up, then robbed him again for the fun of it.

The broken bones
Jan 3, 2008

Out beyond winning and losing, there is a field.

I will meet you there.
once again, my entire roster is for sale

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Scrotos posted:

Seriously. You just robbed Art blind, then took him out behind a wood shed beat him up, then robbed him again for the fun of it.

Yeah like, come on Art. You could've gotten better pitchers from me for the two of them

e: oh poo poo, I forgot I'm not allowed to make fun of Art's Bad Trades anymore, disregard!

uublog fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Nov 28, 2014

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

HOSS MERCEDES IS MINE

stimpy
Jul 27, 2004

Cap'n Scrap'n of the Hit Brigade
Art never answers my TC's, I want to rob him too damnit

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

Then I'm bad at this game for not recognizing that, I fall way too in love with my own dudes.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

gardenald posted:

Then I'm bad at this game for not recognizing that, I fall way too in love with my own dudes.

Nothing wrong with that. I do too. Hug your prospects man, hug them tight.

chutwig
May 28, 2001

gardenald posted:

I think this is my chief failing, an excessive desire to roll with the guys I drafted and developed.

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders
This is a bad offseason

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

chutwig posted:

I think this is my chief failing, an excessive desire to roll with the guys I drafted and developed.

I'm so bad about this, "I don't want to make this trade/sign this free agent, I've got (objectively worse prospect I signed/traded for three seasons ago) in AA right now, surely he's ready to make the jump!"

See: Edward Fleming, Diego Peralta, Santiago Guillen, Trot Henley, countless others over the years

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

I never look any of my players in the eyes, if we make eye contact in the elevator then I have to trade them to jeff or nasboat.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.

gardenald posted:

I'm so bad about this, "I don't want to make this trade/sign this free agent, I've got (objectively worse prospect I signed/traded for three seasons ago) in AA right now, surely he's ready to make the jump!"

See: Edward Fleming, Diego Peralta, Santiago Guillen, Trot Henley, countless others over the years

Surely Jaime Walcutt is my HOF first baseman of the future

chutwig
May 28, 2001

alright well here's hoping i can crack 90 wins this season and lose to the Cleveland juggernaut anyway

it's so nice going into coach hiring only needing to fill 5 spots, 2 at ML, and both ML coaches signed early without any drama

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I think swords are neat. Do you think swords are neat?!
dang why did i have to be the one person who made a Probably Bad Trade with art

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Nerokerubina posted:

dang why did i have to be the one person who made a Probably Bad Trade with art

That is not a bad trade for you. It is, at worst, an even trade for you.

e: in addition to the Todd Davis trade arthur also just gave Albert Mangual 5 years/$33.6M so I guess he is doing some kind of thing and I just don't know what that kind of thing is

uublog fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Nov 28, 2014

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Jesus Christ, Art.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

uublog posted:

Albert Mangual 5 years/$33.6M

lol

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

uublog posted:

e: in addition to the Todd Davis trade arthur also just gave Albert Mangual 5 years/$33.6M so I guess he is doing some kind of thing and I just don't know what that kind of thing is

I really really wanted Mangual but holy hell not at that price

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Boy I am not landing any FAs at all and I'm going to have a ton of money left over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

Devo posted:

Boy I am not landing any FAs at all and I'm going to have a ton of money left over

Yeah whoever bid up Julio Blanco over the last day or two is an rear end in a top hat

• Locked thread