Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Xaris posted:

her whole character was schizophrenically written and was really frustrating/stupid to watch. "a trigger-happy ex-girlfriend" lmao, if only

She was also always trying to gently caress the guest stars of the week, and some how this is supposed to make Michael want her, but mostly he doesn't give a good goddamn gently caress what she does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

I don't even remember how it ended. The last two seasons or so I only watched because I figured "Well, I've seen this much I might as well finish it I guess."

farcry
Jan 18, 2006
Burn notice was at its best when it ignored its long running plot and just had the help the little guy episodes. I agree that Sam Axe as Chuck Finley was awesome every time. So lets all talk about our favourite episodes instead.

Number one for me is probably the one where Michael is the crazy insane guy taking over the neighbourhood with the click fingers explosion happens scenes, everything from the set-ups to the reactions and his expressions was top notch great stuff.

Or there's the drug robbing one where Michael fakes being meek and asthmatic and is freaking out about them having hired Chuck Finley.

Larry was an amazing superstar though and I loved every single scene with him in it.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

ElGroucho posted:

My favorite part is her not being able to find an accent and stick to it
The least believable thing in this show is the 900 times she walks into some club or whatever and everyone is supposed to turn and be like "WOAH WHO IS THIS IMPOSSIBLY HOT WOMAN" but it's her gross face they're all looking at.

Zadus Rejan
Nov 9, 2011

Red Suit posted:

There was TV movie all about Sam Axe and it was amazing

The fall of Sam Axe. It was a good serie movie.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

farcry posted:

Number one for me is probably the one where Michael is the crazy insane guy taking over the neighbourhood with the click fingers explosion happens scenes, everything from the set-ups to the reactions and his expressions was top notch great stuff.

That's one of my favorite and most memorable too. was gunna post that. i think that was actually fairly late into the show's running too which was surprising and kept me hanging on awhile longer

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

mango sentinel posted:

The least believable thing in this show is the 900 times she walks into some club or whatever and everyone is supposed to turn and be like "WOAH WHO IS THIS IMPOSSIBLY HOT WOMAN" but it's her gross face they're all looking at.

Cruel but fair

I think like 10% more body fat and maybe she wouldn't have looked like a lich in drag

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Yeah, it was one of the best gimmicks for sure.

But overall, Larry and Sam Axe are what made the show watchable. I was grinding my teeth every time he had to drag his eternal fuckup brother around for an episode... until he conveniently died and I didn't have to look at his face anymore.

Speaking of the finale, I was happy about the fight with Sam until they took it to the water and Michael implausibly won, because he's an angry superspy.

Mondian fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Nov 17, 2014

Flying Fortress
Oct 23, 2008

The Fall of Sam Axe was probably the high point of the series for me, partly because I hadn't really looked ahead at the episode synopsis and I was happily surprised to realize what I was watching. Finger snap explosions was good, and I liked it anytime Fiona's googly-eyed arms dealer buddy was in an episode.

I was kinda hoping that when Fiona went to prison it was because they were writing her out of the show so Mike could hook up with Pierce

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
imagine what the show would have been if Tricia Helfer and Gabrialle Anwar had their roles switched from the beginning :unsmith:

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Xaris posted:

imagine what the show would have been if Tricia Helfer and Gabrialle Anwar had their roles switched from the beginning :unsmith:

I loved Helfer in the Battlestar Galactica reboot. :gizz: for days.

Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

Xaris posted:

I don't know that I would have liked that.

I didn't have a problem with Gabrielle Anwar, it's just that the Fiona character was written like poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Just finished the series.

The season 6 finale when the crew is getting out of their cells at Gitmo and there's Michael in his suit cosplaying Sterling Archer.

That was funny.

• Locked thread