Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

TontoCorazon posted:

Goku is the japanese superman, when will people understand this.

Alien sent to Earth from a dying planet. Adopted into humble surroundings. Has superhuman strength and the ability to fly. Becomes Earth's mightiest hero and defender.

And then there's Superman.

burritolingus fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Nov 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Robbie Fowler posted:

dbz is for faggots

Guilty.

chefvinny
Apr 5, 2009
Piccolo kills henchmen, Vegita does nothing, Goku (sometimes indirectly) saves the day. The End. Every drat time.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

burritolingus posted:

Alien sent to Earth from a dying planet. Adopted into humble surroundings. Has superhuman strength and the ability to fly. Becomes Earth's mightiest hero and defender.

And then there's Superman.

This would be an actually funny joke if it was a burn in any sort-of way on Superman.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

mind the walrus posted:

This would be an actually funny joke if it was a burn in any sort-of way on Superman.

I don't joke about serious things like Dragonball Z.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ghaz posted:

I cant wait for this flick, and i can't wait for the updated dbz video game that includes events from its plot
dbz xenoverse is the game they're working on now. it lets you create original characters (do not steal) and the plot is about time travel. it plays like a hybrid of past dbz games, no idea if its any good. hope the cat dude makes it in

Deadbeat Poetry
Mar 6, 2004

Sorry if my costume scared you
Is krillen a horcrux or something why does he have those spots??

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp

Savings Coupon posted:

im upset that you made this joke and im more upset that i understood it.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

chefvinny posted:

Piccolo kills henchmen, Vegita does nothing, Goku (sometimes indirectly) saves the day. The End. Every drat time.

piccolo shouldve stayed the strongest character like when he was during that period where he was whoopin that androgenous cyborg's rear end for 3 episodes

he was such a baller, then he becomes some lame rear end sideshow

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the only canon bad guys piccolo can't go toe to toe with are perfect cell, buu and that cat guy. good enough, imo

of course the anime had such poor pacing that the fights against cell and buu took half of the loving show, but still

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

quakster posted:

dbz xenoverse is the game they're working on now. it lets you create original characters (do not steal) and the plot is about time travel. it plays like a hybrid of past dbz games, no idea if its any good. hope the cat dude makes it in

this game looks awesome and the trailer narration is totally amazing
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lKgU26GDeZk
the hero is gokuNO THE HERO IS YOU!!!

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
why the gently caress is yamcha on the poster

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

Fabricated posted:

Toei reminding us that he does actually still exist in lieu of toriyama's alzheimers

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Savings Coupon posted:

hes a buddhist monk, thats also why he shaves his head

TheIllestVillain posted:

piccolo shouldve stayed the strongest character like when he was during that period where he was whoopin that androgenous cyborg's rear end for 3 episodes

that part owned

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
goku would gently caress superman up

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Zzulu posted:

goku would gently caress superman up

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Dean of Swing posted:

Sorta like Wall Street.
in wall street the number is money which is a versatile plot element and all parties are attempting to best utilize the same values rather than each having their own stock market so the processes unfolding in the course of the film have some interest value
in dbz the number signifies good-guy-winning-good-you-feel-happy-drool-on-chin

dbzs gay level is so outstanding that it cannot be compared to other things and you are gay for trying to do so

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe

deeeee-cent

FrostedButts
Dec 30, 2011
No, no, no, no, dammit!

Battle of Gods is the only Dragon Ball Z movie I ever found entertainment in. Now the franchise is back and what do they follow up with? Another Return of the Revenge of the Vengeance of the Super Powered Villain Who Died Three Times But May Not This Time Because He Has More Henchmen.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Goku is dead.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

FrostedButts posted:

No, no, no, no, dammit!

Battle of Gods is the only Dragon Ball Z movie I ever found entertainment in. Now the franchise is back and what do they follow up with? Another Return of the Revenge of the Vengeance of the Super Powered Villain Who Died Three Times But May Not This Time Because He Has More Henchmen.

battle of gods is the only movie written by toriyama and this is the 2nd one so your probably ok

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster

Fabricated posted:

That's Gohan in a tracksuit with dad hair

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

FrostedButts posted:

No, no, no, no, dammit!

well they said it was gonna be really humorous so maybe itll just be yamcha fighting frieza and punking him for the entire runtime

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Hobo Siege posted:

That's Gohan in a tracksuit with dad hair
oh

lol

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

gohan is mostly irrelevant now. the biggest thing he did in the last movie was got drunk and shot his pregnant wife

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Parallax Scroll posted:

gohan is mostly irrelevant now. the biggest thing he did in the last movie was got drunk and shot his pregnant wife
I thought he had the highest power level or at least the potential to have the highest power level ever or something?

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Whirlwind Jones posted:

I thought he had the highest power level or at least the potential to have the highest power level ever or something?

then he stopped training lol

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Parallax Scroll posted:

then he stopped training lol
wtf what a dumbass.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah and then the crew went and fought some aliens and Gohan was really struggling with his fight to the point that Vegeta turns to Goku and pretty much says 'what the hell man Gohan blows now I could have hosed this guy up in an instant' and Goku says 'yeah idk what he's doing.'

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Moridin920 posted:

Yeah and then the crew went and fought some aliens and Gohan was really struggling with his fight to the point that Vegeta turns to Goku and pretty much says 'what the hell man Gohan blows now I could have hosed this guy up in an instant' and Goku says 'yeah idk what he's doing.'
:wtc:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
gohan is a nerd who does not like to fight so even if he has the greatest potential he gives no fucks

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

is this the m night smahalany movie?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Moridin920 posted:

Buu arc kinda sucked

only part I think I remember is what you're talking about and its one of the only real self-referential moments of the series

the stupid badguy wizard dude has no idea who hes loving with and sends his dudes out one by one to potentially fight all of them at once abd they play rock paper scissors over who gets to massacre each dude

if vegeta wouldve gotten the tough guy and goku gotten the really weak dude he wouldnt have been such a bitch and turned on everyone

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I pretty much said this before but krillan is the best. He fucks super models and is the strongest human even though he's a short monk guy.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

DrManiac posted:

I pretty much said this before but krillan is the best. He fucks super models and is the strongest human even though he's a short monk guy.

as a matter of fact he isn't

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster

Whirlwind Jones posted:

In fairness he was the only one who even laid hands on Beerus before Vegeta went apeshit. He's probably still the strongest living mortal in the universe (dad doesn't count because he's a god now, duh) but he's a bookish nerd so he'll always gently caress up in the end.

pretty cool imho

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Robbie Fowler posted:

dbz is for faggots

im gay

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Gaygeta.

DBZ sucks. Go watch Dragonball.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Finally, someone who is honest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

DrManiac posted:

Yeah uh krillin isn't human

• Locked thread