Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash
I was at Survivor Series. Wow, that was a good show. I was shocked by how over the main event got, considering that Sandow and Ambrose were the only people that people woke up for before the main.

Hearing Dolph's music close a PPV was something I never thought I would see, let alone be on site for. Really cool moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

RBX posted:

Lots of bad opinions in the thread today. Also please stop the "casual viewer doesn't know sting" bullshit. It was prived wrong last night. One nice little throwback is when commentary said "But whos side is he on?!"!

Did someone actually say that? I typically tune out commentary but that's pretty awesome.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I doubt they'll make a reference to it, but during one of those sitdown interviews, HHH flat out claimed if he were to meet Sting at WM, he'd pin him with a pedigree.

So maybe the long and short is "They're building to Sting vs HHH, and I think that's a bad idea" re:the LAW thing.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

So it's pretty much Shawn Michaels vs Undertaker, except stupid.

Now if it was Triple H just saying screw it to the whole Authority thing, he's making one more run as a wrestler just to get Sting, that would make more sense.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

haha jesus

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I'm hoping the Cena/Show feud is really brief this time around, lasting no longer than a Raw main event. The smart thing to do would be to transition it into Ryback/Show, especially since I recall them having a decent hoss match back when Ryback was deep in his burial (Show kicked out of the Shell Shock).

Loved that heel turn, though. Made perfect sense in the moment and is both understandable (Cena was selling!) and makes him look like a dick.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The sting begging for their reinstatement for a match with HHH one

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Any news on what was wrong with Kane's back?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

Any news on what was wrong with Kane's back?

At the risk of just guessing, his age is probably catching up with him.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

HHH coming back as part of the active roster to try to get a shot at Sting would be a simple and good story, if he felt like wrestling two or three times a month from now until Mania

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

At last, WWE can definitively win the Invasion, 14 years later

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
Now we just need Goldberg to come back for one last feud with Jericho.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Larry the Cable Guy said earlier today, and I quote, "Get her done."

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

StarkRavingMad posted:

Larry the Cable Guy said earlier today, and I quote, "Get her done."

:haw:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Put on your wrasslin britches.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
With Sting back the kids can have a new hero to look up to, one that can sell merch and facemasks. Set him then turn Cena to the dark side on him and bring back Hunter. It is time. Do this right at when the free trial period for the Network is up.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

sportsgenius86 posted:

That shittastic idea posted here earlier fits this bill

"Hey guys, what if, we have Lawrence the Cable Dude hosting."

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Anyone have a link to that cameraphone video of Sting's debut? I can't find it in the live thread or over here.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Sigma posted:

Anyone have a link to that cameraphone video of Sting's debut? I can't find it in the live thread or over here.
Taken down hours ago.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Big Dave "Meltzer" posted:

The last we heard, Sting was not scheduled for TV and had flown home.

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004

Zen Dudeism posted:

Something I haven't really seen addressed anywhere yet, but would love to:

Why was Sting there and why would he run out to make the save?

Sting is a cipher character who exists in a chaotic good, balancing the universe kind of way. I hope he stays off TV this week except for clips of Survivor Series and people wondering what he's about. Give us a week to enjoy the afterglow before creative pulls the trigger on something dumb-ish.

In other news: this loving post match promo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osHwyIYNnu8

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

If Sting just never comes back that'd be amazing

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Mr. Carlisle posted:

If Sting just never comes back that'd be amazing

HHH just desperately trying to get him to wrestle so he can get his win back, Sting being all,"Nah I'm good thanks :)"

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Sting becomes one of the Rosebuds coming out every week but no one ever brings it up.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
Att: anyone bizarrely down on Ziggler's promo skillz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dA1x4LbAoE

your face. an egg. splat.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

sting died on the way back to his home planet

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sportsgenius86 posted:

The sting begging for their reinstatement for a match with HHH one

Given the usual level of WWE stupid, that doesn't even scratch the top 10 of dumb possibilities here

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

I don't mind Larry the Cable Guy.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Dexters Secret posted:

I don't mind Larry the Cable Guy.

You're a loving garbage person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012