Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McStabby
Jun 26, 2007

LANA!!! CRUUUUUSH!
So is Bad News Barrett cleared to wrestle, or is he just going to be a guest at the preshow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

McStabby posted:

So is Bad News Barrett cleared to wrestle, or is he just going to be a guest at the preshow?

Won't be cleared for another six weeks at least

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

McStabby posted:

My guess is it's just the start of him doing promos again, and maybe starting a feud with...someone? I had guessed he would have been the one to take the belt off of Ziggler, or at least feud over it, but now that Harper's got it who knows. Although I'd really like to see a Harper/Barrett feud.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

projecthalaxy posted:

jhon cena took them with his rapadoo magic

Buzz off, nerd.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

KungFu Grip posted:

The loudest pop of the night was John Cena staring down John Cena and joining John Cena. God Bless John Cena.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

so I live in NJ and during Raw they were advertising a live show the day before the Royal Rumble in East Rutherford that flat out stated "ROMAN REIGNS IS BACK"

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'd like the Rowan face turn more if not for the fact that it benefits Cena, whom I want to see get the ever loving poo poo beat out of him after that last segment for that AWFUL promo and for being such a lovely friend.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

Also this means Bray is by far the lowest-card Family member hahahaha fatty

Repackage him as Husky Harris, have him say that he cast out the demon Bray Wyatt and is a face now.

Husky Harris joins Team Cena.

Bray Wyatt inhabits [a random wrestler, I dunno, Bo Dallas maybe?], who begins wearing Wyatt's shirt and doing his moveset.

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

Everblight posted:

Bray Wyatt inhabits [a random wrestler, I dunno, Nattie maybe?], who begins wearing Wyatt's shirt and doing his moveset.

Great Khali. Literally would die doing the spider walk.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Everblight posted:

Repackage him as Husky Harris, have him say that he cast out the demon Bray Wyatt and is a face now.

Husky Harris joins Team Cena.

Bray Wyatt inhabits [a random wrestler, I dunno, Bo Dallas maybe?], who begins wearing Wyatt's shirt and doing his moveset.

Bray Wyatt inhabits Adam Rose, turning him back into Leo Kruger, and getting him out of this horrible loving boondoggle that his career has become.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Everblight posted:

Damien Wyattdow.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

We asked for a shakeup, a departure from the same old same old. We got Erick Rowan the main event face. Cool.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

TheJoker138 posted:

Bray Wyatt inhabits Adam Rose, turning him back into Leo Kruger, and getting him out of this horrible loving boondoggle that his career has become.

wait who is helping who out of the boondoggle?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Alouicious posted:

so I live in NJ and during Raw they were advertising a live show the day before the Royal Rumble in East Rutherford that flat out stated "ROMAN REIGNS IS BACK"

don't trust anything in NJ you should know we're all liars

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

projecthalaxy posted:

We asked for a shakeup, a departure from the same old same old. We got Erick Rowan the main event face. Cool.

And it produced the biggest pop of the night! Just more proof that the fans can't get enough of John Cena.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Alouicious posted:

Bringing back Edge for the Rumble before he was totally healthy worked out great.

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
I predicted Rowan going to Team Cena as soon as Harper joined the authority. It seems like a fun idea. I swear when there isn't a tattooed jerk or a bearded nerd then you all scramble to complain about something.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I think Sheamus hurt himself when his shoulder clipped the apron during his match tonight. Otherwise it makes no sense to have all the team survive the beatings but him.

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

SamuraiFoochs posted:

We're reduced to ironically enjoying Erick Rowan face turns en route to RAPADOOOOO. Seriously, this is what we're reduced to.

I never thought I would post this but Jesus H. Christ, where the poo poo are our standards?

you aren't the one to be talking about standards man

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cory Lidle posted:

Bringing back Edge for the Rumble before he was totally healthy worked out great.

Yeah because a hernia=a fused neck. The conservative estimate for Roman's healing time was 3 months. It'll be well over that by Rumble time.

WadeBartender posted:

you aren't the one to be talking about standards man

Hence the clause before that. :)

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I think Sheamus hurt himself when his shoulder clipped the apron during his match tonight. Otherwise it makes no sense to have all the team survive the beatings but him.

If Sheamus did get legit hurt and Rowen was a last second thing than that makes it a bit less dumb. But still, of all the people on the roster, why Rowen? It should have been the Bunny.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Optimist with doubt posted:

I predicted Rowan going to Team Cena as soon as Harper joined the authority. It seems like a fun idea. I swear when there isn't a tattooed jerk or a bearded nerd then you all scramble to complain about something.

Yeah. Honestly, I doubt Rowan will factor into the match enough to really help or hurt it. He'll get his moment with Harper, eat a pin, and take a walk to the back. If he gets more ring time than anyone else on his team I'll be kind of shocked.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Optimist with doubt posted:

I mean it doesn't really matter who's on Team Cena when the real heroes are on Team Authority. Only one man in that entire 10 man match has stood up against the evil known as the American Military, and that's Rusev. The Super-Athlete. And you know who else is a super athlete? Cesaro. And I guess Seth Rollins is cool too.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Wyatt said in that promo where he released him that Rowan was basically a child in a man's body or something so of course Erick Rowan wants to team with John Cena.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

SamuraiFoochs posted:

We're reduced to ironically enjoying Erick Rowan face turns en route to RAPADOOOOO. Seriously, this is what we're reduced to.

Bite your tongue. I am legit down with the sudden face turn.

Bonus points if his reasoning is, "We were supposed to destroy the machine, not join it! What the hell, Luke?!"

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Suben posted:

Wyatt said in that promo where he released him that Rowan was basically a child in a man's body or something so of course Erick Rowan wants to team with John Cena.

Looking forward to seeing Eric Rowan dressed head to toe in Cena merch this Sunday. Maybe with a nice new neon orange sheep mask.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Suben posted:

Well now I want Rowen's new gimmick to he "ten year old Cena fan in giant hillbilly body"

BigDanRTW
Aug 24, 2003
Sheamus realized being part of Team Cena is pointless and he's going to turn heel on Sunday brogue kicking Cena right as he lifts Rollins for the AA when it's 1 on 1.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'm just annoyed Rowan didn't still have the Grumpy Cat plushie with him.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I seriously thought this entire thing was some sort of long con troll.

Why is Erik Rowan... What is... What.

This is the show you decide to give away for free, WWE. This.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Rhonne posted:

Well now I want Rowen's new gimmick to he "ten year old Cena fan in giant hillbilly body"

They did that in WCW with Evad Sullivan. It loving sucked real bad.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Codependent Poster posted:

People always say he's terrible but he's been perfectly fine in the ring. He's not going to put on a clinic but he doesn't botch stuff and can sell and his moves look good.

Also with his limited moveset, having him be a face might be better for now since he can play face-in-peril and then power up and use MONSTER HILLBILLY OGRE STRENGTH to get the win after taking a beatdown for most of the match.

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

Chokes McGee posted:

Erick Rowan rules thats why

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Delsaber posted:

Looking forward to seeing Eric Rowan dressed head to toe in Cena merch this Sunday. Maybe with a nice new neon orange sheep mask.
Giving John Cena his own Dave Sullivan would really say all that needs to be said about his babyface run.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I seriously think that their attitude has been "it's a free show so who gives a poo poo cause we certainly don't"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

I seriously thought this entire thing was some sort of long con troll.

This is the show you decide to give away for free, WWE. This.

The next Network numbers are going to be incredible

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

What makes face Rowen different from Festus?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gavok posted:

Bite your tongue. I am legit down with the sudden face turn.

Bonus points if his reasoning is, "We were supposed to destroy the machine, not join it! What the hell, Luke?!"

This, along with how much of a dick Harper always was to Rowan, is probably exactly the reasoning they're going to give. If it's not Jesus Christ, WWE, get your poo poo together.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Rhonne posted:

Festus eventually became entertaining as Big LG. Rowan will never be entertaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Rhonne posted:

Didn't eat enough biscuits and gravy so he is not a real man.

• Locked thread