Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Okay, let me elaborate on my earlier post.

I am absolutely 100% okay with Erik Rowan, Main Event Superstar. I was on the ground floor this entire time, the rest of you are bandwagoners. :colbert:

What I am not okay with is the writing. In literally 2-3 weeks, we went from "Bray has unleashed the child like ogre to wreak havoc amongst mortals" to "Okay let's stalk Renee for a bit" to motherfucking Grumpy Cat to "Hey Cena's pretty rad imma help." Never mind the fact that this last show offended me with Cena's bullshit to the point that I'm (probably) going to find better things to do this Sunday.

It could've been anyone. Literally any face on the roster. gently caress, send the Usos at this point, I don't care anymore. But Rowan? Really? Rowan? Dude's been seriously damaged by the schizophrenic writing and don't you dare tell me to wait and see at this point.

I mean I'm careposting here but come the gently caress on, this is just one bridge too far

Chokes McGee fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Nov 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
gently caress you could've hired and sent Aksana instead, I would've immediately subscribed again for six months

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I can only find it hilarious that Cena's team is entirely comprised of people he's screwed over (some with video evidence), but they still want to help him because it would be selfish not to, JACK

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Yeah matches like this really expose how crappy WWE booking is. If they had any inkling, say, a month ago that Rowan & Harper were going to be main eventers they could have started building to this.

But modern-day WWE is terrible at booking Survivor Series matches. Remember when they did a do-over and completely changed the roster for one team in Bragging Rights or Survivor Series that one year? I wish I could remember the specifics but it was hilarious, it's like they got to Smackdown the week before the show and went "oh crap this sucks"

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

DeathChicken posted:

I can only find it hilarious that Cena's team is entirely comprised of people he's screwed over (some with video evidence), but they still want to help him because it would be selfish not to, JACK

...wait, how did he screw over Rowan? By beating Bray?

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

DeathChicken posted:

A mass walk-out would be hilarious and well-deserved (but not likely to happen).

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Skunkrocker posted:

...wait, how did he screw over Rowan? By beating Bray?

There's probably an argument to be made for that, but I figure months of losing to the Usos probably did Rowan and Harper even more of a disservice. They're only just getting rebuilt now. Cena beating Bray was mostly damaging just to Bray, to the point where he still hasn't really recovered and his old minions are actually doing better than he is, somehow. To the point of winning titles even.

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!
I can see Sheamus running in at the PPV and costing Cena the match. I've been thinking for a while a heel turn would freshen him up and this seems like a good time.

You could even use what a few people have been saying on here for the reason for the turn. Where was Cena when his team were being roughed up and put through tables?

Seems the obvious reason for writing him out of the match unless he genuinely is hurt.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I spent an early morning shift scooping up dead pigeons with a shovel.

Was this better or worse than RAW?

Also Rowan face? HARPER CHAMPION :stare:

GRUMPY CAT :catstare:

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I just saw that my mom made a Facebook post about Grumpy Cat on Raw so I guess their strategy worked? v:shobon:v

I mean my dad has it on anyway so it's not like she tuned in FOR the cat. But it's one more precious social media mention and that's what WWE basically writes their show around these days.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chokes McGee posted:

Okay, let me elaborate on my earlier post.

I am absolutely 100% okay with Erik Rowan, Main Event Superstar. I was on the ground floor this entire time, the rest of you are bandwagoners. :colbert:

What I am not okay with is the writing. In literally 2-3 weeks, we went from "Bray has unleashed the child like ogre to wreak havoc amongst mortals" to "Okay let's stalk Renee for a bit" to motherfucking Grumpy Cat to "Hey Cena's pretty rad imma help." Never mind the fact that this last show offended me with Cena's bullshit to the point that I'm (probably) going to find better things to do this Sunday.

It could've been anyone. Literally any face on the roster. gently caress, send the Usos at this point, I don't care anymore. But Rowan? Really? Rowan? Dude's been seriously damaged by the schizophrenic writing and don't you dare tell me to wait and see at this point.

I mean I'm careposting here but come the gently caress on, this is just one bridge too far

I'm with this except not quite as on the Rowan hype train.

Latino Pete posted:

I can see Sheamus running in at the PPV and costing Cena the match. I've been thinking for a while a heel turn would freshen him up and this seems like a good time.

You could even use what a few people have been saying on here for the reason for the turn. Where was Cena when his team were being roughed up and put through tables?

Seems the obvious reason for writing him out of the match unless he genuinely is hurt.

I actually am fairly confident this will happen after sleeping on it.

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
Cue Cena making fun of Sheamus with terrible crying noises

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Food Court Druid posted:

Cue Cena making fun of Sheamus with terrible crying noises

Yeah I think the idea of someone turning on Cena cause Cena is an rear end in a top hat is a good one, but you know Cena is going to cut a promo that basically says "you need to be more of a man and look after yourself and not expect me to come save you from every 3-on-1 beating that comes your way"

And then probably drop a pile of poo poo on him or something.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Sheamus is the guy who's most in need of a turn right now so I'd love to see it.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

It's a racist business.

triple h really loves this buisiness

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Just to be clear: if Team Cena wins, the Authority is out of power. If the Authority's team wins...I guess business as usual? I just want this clarified to make sure I didn't miss something skipping on last night's show.

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?

Good Listener posted:

Just to be clear: if Team Cena wins, the Authority is out of power. If the Authority's team wins...I guess business as usual? I just want this clarified to make sure I didn't miss something skipping on last night's show.

They get to poo poo on Team Cena extra hard for daring to challenge them and trying to overcome the odds.

Or someshit.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

BasicFunk posted:

They get to poo poo on Team Cena extra hard for daring to challenge them and trying to overcome the odds.

Or someshit.

And then Cena laughs it off as he goes to face Brock. Again.

For hating Cena they sure have given him everything he wants.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

With all his crossing the Rubicon talk, JBL made it sound like team Cena would be fired if they lost, which is obviously wrong because jhon cena.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

And then Cena laughs it off as he goes to face Brock. Again.

For hating Cena they sure have given him everything he wants.
The ongoing main storyline of the company revolves around "Best For Business" Triple H making life hard for #1 merchandise seller and 15-time world champ John Cena for nebulous reasons. Nothing about the conflict really makes sense.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Minidust posted:

The ongoing main storyline of the company revolves around "Best For Business" Triple H making life hard for #1 merchandise seller and 15-time world champ John Cena for nebulous reasons. Nothing about the conflict really makes sense.

Remember way back when Vince came out and said Daniel Bryan sucked and wasn't best for business and oh yeah, I don't like you either Cena!

It didn't make much sense then either.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I think it's because HHH is jealous that he, Rock, and Foley combined never got the push Cena did.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Legit though even though the reasoning behind the teams are iffy, this looks like it's going to be a pretty good survivor series match and Dean/Bray could be a MotY candidate. Looking forward to this PPV.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Imaging these past months with Bryan in the Cena role makes every aspect of their booking so much better and more coherent and less aggravating and now I'm sad that Bryan is dead and never wrestling again.

Monkeycheese
Feb 24, 2002

ninja minúsculo
I read the recaps and then only really watched on DVR because of grumpy cat. I love the actual cat but hate the memes and marketing and poo poo. The actual cat is loving awesome and adorable though. It was pretty dumb and pointless to have the cat on Raw just to sit there, and god this episode was bad.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

With all his crossing the Rubicon talk, JBL made it sound like team Cena would be fired if they lost, which is obviously wrong because jhon cena.

John Cena was fired by the Nexus and Vince said he would fire Cena if he lost to Punk at MitB 2011.

Even when he's fired he never misses a Raw.

Edit: edit for phone autocorrect.

Also the McMahon's hate Cena because Cena being beloved by heels makes him look like the booklicker workaholic that he is.

Gonzo McFee fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Nov 18, 2014

Jayou
Mar 14, 2007

Sparkly Vampires are Wrestlicious!

Another Person posted:

Is there a link anywhere to the Big E New Day clip? I fell asleep just before it played.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9kp6-AolCA

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
Replacing Sheamus with Rowan is just long term setup for their new tag team The Fella Twins.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Why are you guys talking about the bad booking when we could be talking about what sort of memes WWE could incorporate next week

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

I hope the dancing baby gives heath slater a stone cold stunner

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Dimebags Brain posted:

Imaging these past months with Bryan in the Cena role makes every aspect of their booking so much better and more coherent and less aggravating and now I'm sad that Bryan is dead and never wrestling again.

Even if Bryan was perfectly healthy and never missed any time he wouldn't be in the Cena role by now. He'd have presumably been the one to lose the title and rematch to Brock, but Cena would be the #1 contender and there's no way in hell he'd be playing second fiddle to anyone on a SurSeries team.

Don't get me wrong, we'd still be better off as fans. It's a shame we never got to see Bryan vs. Lesnar and Cena as #1 contender would be a lot more sensible and fresher if he wasn't the one to drop the title and rematch to Brock .As a big fan of Lesnar I think it's a drat shame that Cena's the only guy he's going to have a successful defense against during his reign.

I'm also not generally a fan of face Randy Orton personally and we'd probably have been spared that if Bryan was around to be the #2 face.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

jr updated his blog yesterday around 5:30 and said he was going to dvr raw and watch football instead, and that his wife had to tell him who "Grumpy the Cat" was.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

http://www.wrestlingdvdnews.com/wwe-network-destruction-the-shield-dvd/76330/#.VGuH3wBK8Cw.reddit

SHIELD DVD gently caress YES!

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

Legit though even though the reasoning behind the teams are iffy, this looks like it's going to be a pretty good survivor series match and Dean/Bray could be a MotY candidate. Looking forward to this PPV.

Has Bray ever had a singles match that was anywhere near a MOTY candidate? I'm drawing a blank.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

triplexpac posted:

Has Bray ever had a singles match that was anywhere near a MOTY candidate? I'm drawing a blank.

Bray/Bryan at RR '13 was about HM level.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

triplexpac posted:

Vs Bryan at this year's Rumble. Of course, his opponent helped a but there and that was far and away his best match.

Some people (including Dave) really loved his LMS vs Cena, but I personally thought it was mediocre at best.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I feel like this is somehow a refresh of either Men On A Mission or Makin A Difference Fatu or both.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

it's great that they're getting a DVD but they're probably only going to slap an extra 20-30 minutes on the Network doc and literally everything they've done is already on the Network unless they've got some house show footage

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Bard Maddox posted:

it's great that they're getting a DVD but they're probably only going to slap an extra 20-30 minutes on the Network doc and literally everything they've done is already on the Network unless they've got some house show footage

Isn't that pretty much going to be the case for every WWE doc going forward? Maybe you'll get a bit more talking head content but all the matches will be on the Network. Watchlists and, if implemented, shareable playlists will completely obviate buying a WWE DVD unless they really start knocking it out of the park with the talking head/analysis stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

When is that Macho Man doc coming out? Any chance of it being good?

• Locked thread