Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Doo-Wop Duodenum posted:

I hope they firnd Cesaro passed out in a stairwell moments before the SS match so he can be replaced by Willow.

Oh gently caress right off and bite your tongue. It'll be a dark day when a Hardy comes back to the WWE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Thauros posted:

Vs Bryan at this year's Rumble. Of course, his opponent helped a but there and that was far and away his best match.

Some people (including Dave) really loved his LMS vs Cena, but I personally thought it was mediocre at best.

Yeah I feel like DB is like Angle back in the day... including them in an argument that "this guy is capable of great matches!" isn't really realistic, when DB/Angle could have a great match with basically anyone.

I'm not saying Ambrose vs Bray will be bad, I just wouldn't go into it expecting a MOTY.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Jiro posted:

Oh gently caress right off and bite your tongue. It'll be a dark day when a Hardy comes back to the WWE.

As opposed to the sunny, rainbow filled unicorn farting days we're all facing now? Days have been dark since Punk left. Im looking forward to the return of smug rich rear end in a top hat Matt and his larping brother Jeff.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Bard Maddox posted:

it's great that they're getting a DVD but they're probably only going to slap an extra 20-30 minutes on the Network doc and literally everything they've done is already on the Network unless they've got some house show footage

True but I'll buy it for the ability to just pop it in and not have to jump from event to event

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Isn't that pretty much going to be the case for every WWE doc going forward? Maybe you'll get a bit more talking head content but all the matches will be on the Network. Watchlists and, if implemented, shareable playlists will completely obviate buying a WWE DVD unless they really start knocking it out of the park with the talking head/analysis stuff.

well, at least with older guys there's the possibility that there might be some cool territory stuff/things that haven't been seen before, or even free TV that's not on the Network. with the Shield literally everything they've done is on the Network, even Raws and SmackDowns from those years.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

So I'm finally getting round to watching last nights RAW. I just realised, when did they get rid of the DEH from Wyatt's intro? I miss the Deh :(

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Sex Robot posted:

So I'm finally getting round to watching last nights RAW. I just realised, when did they get rid of the DEH from Wyatt's intro? I miss the Deh :(

The Hell in a Cell PPV.

Euthyphro
Mar 14, 2004

Soy un águila de verdad.

Die Laughing posted:

When is that Macho Man doc coming out? Any chance of it being good?

Today. They ran a half-hour preview of the documentary on the WWE Network after Raw last night, and it was really good. Convinced me to buy it.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I like Erick Rowan as a goofy looking dude but there is zero reason for him to be in this match. It's basically "gently caress it, here's Erick Rowan, why not. 9.99"

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I like Erick Rowan as a goofy looking dude but there is zero reason for him to be in this match. It's basically "gently caress it, here's Erick Rowan, why not. Free.FreeFree"

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Everything is ordinary.

Still chewing my way through last nights RAW. Rusev? Slater? Ok then pissbreak. It was over before I finished peeing.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

You were there Sex Robot so you can confirm that Slater is over as gently caress. When he faced off against Big E whenever Slater got in any offence it got monsterous cheers and Big E got booed in response.

Rewatched it on Superstars, audio edited to hrll where it's just mostly silent with some piper boos and cheer for Slater/Big E respectively. The end is basically silent because Big E was being booed hard.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Sex Robot posted:

Still chewing my way through last nights RAW. Rusev? Slater? Ok then pissbreak. It was over before I finished peeing.

that's a long piss

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Latino Pete posted:

I can see Sheamus running in at the PPV and costing Cena the match. I've been thinking for a while a heel turn would freshen him up and this seems like a good time.

Yeah, and him being friends with HHH offscreen can even be easily worked into him being Orton's replacement as Trips BFF more believable. Also wasn't there a stipulation in his match with Big Show that whoever won would get a shot at the WWE Title and since Sheamus was attacked first in the outside interference that technically made him the winner?

I just can't see the Authority storyline wrapping up this soon with the dangling plot threads with Orton and Seth's MitB briefcase. It feels like the penultimate conclusion of the Authority is Seth either losing the cash-in or the belt itself after he wins it to Roman, with assists from Ambrose and Bryan, and HHH's chosen won finally goes down in flames and Seth pays for his betrayal of his brothers. It's the simplest storyline in the world.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
the Heath Slater segment last night was anaIng for Slater angrily saying "DING DING YOU SON OF A BITCH" and then immediately getting superkicked then tapped out

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Gentleman, what we have all been waiting for is finally here, The Miz's School of Performance, Lesson 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QBBZfQ_lCM

As usual, Mizdow is just the best.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Everything is ordinary.

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

You were there Sex Robot so you can confirm that Slater is over as gently caress. When he faced off against Big E whenever Slater got in any offence it got monsterous cheers and Big E got booed in response.

Rewatched it on Superstars, audio edited to hrll where it's just mostly silent with some piper boos and cheer for Slater/Big E respectively. The end is basically silent because Big E was being booed hard.

Slater was over as gently caress. But that may be a remaining contact high from hanging around with Jinder and McIntyre considering the last time he showed up in England he was here as 3MB/The Union Jacks (In full Jack outfits) so he became an honorary English person. But I've had a whole heap of fun watching how they "sanitized" the crowd from the live experience. The only one that truly pissed me off was the Rusev thing, because the whole of the crowd weren't riding the patriotic xenophobia wave that apparently causes the US crowds to boo and so we were more cheering for a good match and they changed it totally on it's head. I was surprised they didn't have us chanting U.S.A.

Walking of Big E. Wtf is he doing in the "New Day" Promos? Xavier/Big E gospel based tag team? What the everloving gently caress? I mean I'm all for seeing more legit tag teams but what?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Lineup of special Raw guests for December:

Popular Comedian Carrot Top
#1 Recording Artist Fred Durst
Internet Sensation Star Wars Kid
MMA Competitor Brock Lesnar with some belt he carries around (unconfirmed)
John Cena

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Everything is ordinary.

sticklefifer posted:

Lineup of special Raw guests for December:

Popular Comedian Carrot Top
#1 Recording Artist Fred Durst
Internet Sensation Star Wars Kid
MMA Competitor Brock Lesnar with some belt he carries around (unconfirmed)
John Cena

In tiny text in the corner: Wrestling in the back room

Edit: I made this joke, then I saw the promo for Larry the Cable guy.

God loving dammit :suicide:

Sex Robot fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Nov 18, 2014

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Roman Reigns posted:

As opposed to the sunny, rainbow filled unicorn farting days we're all facing now? Days have been dark since Punk left. Im looking forward to the return of smug rich rear end in a top hat Matt and his larping brother Jeff.

Eh, Punk leaving probably(accidentally) caused the best build to Wrestlemania and Wrestlemania moment in quite some time.

Funny thing will always be if Punk could have/wanted to stay, he probably would have been hotshotted into the title match rather than Bryan. And would have finally been able to main event that Wrestlemania.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Dexo posted:

Funny thing will always be if Punk could have/wanted to stay, he probably would have been hotshotted into the title match rather than Bryan. And would have finally been able to main event that Wrestlemania.

I haven't seen anything to suggest that Punk would be in any other matches than against HHH if he'd stayed. The card would be Punk/HHH, Batista/Orton, and Daniel Bryan crying alone in the corner (four months earlier than he actually did).

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I like Erick Rowan as a goofy looking dude but there is zero reason for him to be in this match. It's basically "gently caress it, here's Erick Rowan, why not. 9.99"

Because Harper joined the Authority and Rowan is mad at Harper, which I bet is explained tonight.

Alternatively, you can use the WWE SuperCard theory that Rowan is actually the replacement for Punk since his stats are really really high for some reason. So now pretend Rowan is CM Punk.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Rowan replaced Sheamus because one big useless redheaded goon is the same as the next.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Just retcon it so Rowan was always CM Punk. I enjoyed that time Erik Rowan won the title, blew a kiss to Vince and ran away into the crowd.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Everything is ordinary.

Ok finished watching raw. I've seen worse shows. Is it me or was this weeks ending nearly identical to last week's ending?

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
When was the last stand out HOLY poo poo good RAW?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

flashy_mcflash posted:

Rowan replaced Sheamus because one big useless redheaded goon is the same as the next.
Except Sheamus is an actual good wrestler

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Everything is ordinary.

They really don't know what the gently caress to do with Harper and Rowan do they?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Sex Robot posted:

They really don't know what the gently caress to do with anyone besides Cena and the Usos do they?
Nope.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

OldTennisCourt posted:

When was the last stand out HOLY poo poo good RAW?

The night after Mania?

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Everything is ordinary.

You saw inside me and read the real post. Magical :stare:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Sex Robot posted:

They really don't know what the gently caress to do with Harper and Rowan do they?
Harper I can see them getting behind because he's tall and has a presence and is probably well liked in the back

Also they seem to know what to do with Rusev surprisingly

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

achillesforever6 posted:

Also they seem to know what to do with Rusev surprisingly

This is the thing: WWE knows exactly how to get someone over if they want to do it. They got The Shield over by protecting them, same thing with Rusev. They just had to stick to their guns and protect them for long enough that the crowd believed the push.

They just don't want to protect many guys so everyone just trades wins & losses in midcard hell.

Edit: VVV I only consider guys NXT if they appear on a main roster show with the "NXT" minitron graphics. Tyson is just on every show, as he should be.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Everything is ordinary.

So technically Tyson Kidd is still NXT right? Even though last weeks smackdown he was part of a loving INCREDIBLE triple threat?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

flashy_mcflash posted:

I haven't seen anything to suggest that Punk would be in any other matches than against HHH if he'd stayed. The card would be Punk/HHH, Batista/Orton, and Daniel Bryan crying alone in the corner (four months earlier than he actually did).

Everyone would have still poo poo all over Orton/Batista as the Main event of WM. They would have had to add someone else to that match to prevent it from being poo poo on, and Trips/Punk still could have been a gate to the main event. Cause no way after Batista failed to get over on a Del Rio who did every single heel thing you can do at EC would they have left Orton/Batista alone.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

DeathChicken posted:

I can only find it hilarious that Cena's team is entirely comprised of people he's screwed over (some with video evidence), but they still want to help him because it would be selfish not to, JACK

While that's partially true, they're with him because the Authority have screwed them over worse.

Dolph Ziggler: When the Authority first became a thing, he spoke out about them. He was immediately punished and was later shown having learned his lesson by holding his tongue.

Big Show: Also spoke out against the Authority and became their crying puppet monster. The stuff they put him through overshadows Cena not making a big enough deal about Big Johnny firing him that one time.

Sheamus: Even though he feuded with Cena years ago, Cena never really wronged him and they were later shown to be bros who got along. Sheamus was screwed over by the Authority for the sake of appeasing Rusev. Otherwise, Sheamus has really been kind of neutral to all of this.

Ryback: Once feuded with Cena over feeling betrayed. Normally, that would be reason enough not to side with him. Thing is, Cena's shown some iota of respect to him while other former rivals Rollins and Henry were all, "You're on our team? Cool. Hey, remember when I used to kick the poo poo out of you? That was funny. Laters!" Plus Kane got in his way and raised a big stink. He could have stayed out of it, but Cena explained that the Authority would probably exact revenge in some way after winning, which isn't wrong.

Erick Rowan: We don't know the actual reason for him joining yet, but all Cena's ever done against him is rightfully defend himself because Rowan was told to go beat him up for reasons.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
From what I could understand Rowan's entire motivation was something to do with Harper? Jealousy or something. He seemed kind of confused when Cena was all like "YEAH TEAM".

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

DeathChicken posted:

Just retcon it so Rowan was always CM Punk. I enjoyed that time Erik Rowan won the title, blew a kiss to Vince and ran away into the crowd.

Kinda like how Steven Richards won the title at Wrestlemania XX and embraced Eddie Guerrero.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I enjoy when WWE doesn't explain motivations so we have to come up with stuff ourselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

youd think if this was really planned out more than a few hours in advance rowan would have his own theme music.

• Locked thread