Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Kcire Rowan is main eventing a Big Four PPV while Bray Wyatt is on the undercard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Suben posted:

Kcire Rowan is main eventing a Big Four PPV while Bray Wyatt is on the undercard.

Maybe Ambrose should join Bray, it seems like being his henchmen is a good way to end up in the main event.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cornwind Evil posted:

It says a LOT that when they got in someone who actually tried to keep track of these things with story bibles and stuff, Vince/others mocked him as a nerd and may have even fired him for it, I've heard a few variations of the story.

The people in charge of WWE are the strangest paradoxes. I guess it's a side effect of being micromanaging control freaks.

They didn't fire him for it, he was never going to survive because Stephanie was waiting in the wings.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I hope the epic ballad of Rowan and Renee isn't dropped, I wanted to see where that goes. Seeing how Renee deals with a Jason Vorhees goat guy is the match I'm waiting for, a psychological match of the mind!

Also, please let Brock appear at Survivor Series, or on the RAW after. Give us some Beast.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

HulkaMatt posted:

Worth if it if takes out HEEL AUTHORITY FIGURE HHH & STEPHANIE MCMAHON

Just like Cena beating Laurinitis, I'm pissed about heel authority figures having opponents for longer who make way more sense being thrown to Cena to be the guy who beats them in the end.

Also, I give them a week before they replace them with some other heel authority figure storytelling crutch. This won't change poo poo.

go authority woo

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Guys, this is obviously all a part of Bray's long-term plan to destroy the machine. He's positioned a henchman on either side of the match, with no one suspecting that they're working together. Bray will show up for the finish of the match, the Family will lay everybody out and his version the Ministry will rise to power.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Triple H cut a better babyface promo tonight about how WWE his is life and his family's life and how it defines his very being and it was better and more passionate and more belivilble than any Cena promo I've ever heard. I hope the authority smashes John Cena's smug cube-shaped head in on Sunday.

Gnome Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2007

The skies are always sunny in the heart of flavor country.
Well see HHH you might love this business and spent more than two decades in it rising to the top but RESPECT IS EARNED rapadooooooooooooo

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

loves this business so much he didn't care that beating booker t at wrestlemania would be racist as gently caress because he was going over damnit

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I want the Authority to lose because I think that storyline is played out. But Steph is awesome as a heel authority figure and it would be suck if she was gone.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Erick Rowan? Seriously? If you had me pick who I'd put on Team Cena I really think Rowan might have been the absolutely last person. And people are actually into the idea of "Hulkamaniac" Evad Sullivan 2.0? We've somehow found ourselves in a place where people want the worst of terrible pre-nWo WCW booking?

This is just an elaborate prank, right? Rowan didn't join Team Cena.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I didn't watch a second of this RAW and after reading the recap I'm real glad

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

I hope they firnd Cesaro passed out in a stairwell moments before the SS match so he can be replaced by Willow.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

loves this business so much he didn't care that beating booker t at wrestlemania would be racist as gently caress because he was going over damnit

It's a racist business.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

ShakeZula posted:

Guys, this is obviously all a part of Bray's long-term plan to destroy the machine. He's positioned a henchman on either side of the match, with no one suspecting that they're working together. Bray will show up for the finish of the match, the Family will lay everybody out and his version the Ministry will rise to power.

Well that would actually be excellent.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

Liar Lyre posted:

They forgot to sign the contract at the contract signing.

Slamming an executive on top of a contract while both go through a table makes it legally binding. :colbert:

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

MacDougall posted:

That's sort of what I like to think about how Seth didn't really betray The Shield, he's just gone deep, deep, deep undercover.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

MacDougall posted:

It's legitimately what I hope they're going for, but I really don't think it is.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

Delsaber posted:

That's sort of what I like to think about how Seth didn't really betray The Shield, he's just gone deep, deep, deep undercover.

Maybe at some point the Wyatts and the Shield merged and became the Wyatt Shield and they're all in on it together!

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Cornwind Evil posted:

It says a LOT that when they got in someone who actually tried to keep track of these things with story bibles and stuff, Vince/others mocked him as a nerd and may have even fired him for it, I've heard a few variations of the story.

The people in charge of WWE are the strangest paradoxes. I guess it's a side effect of being micromanaging control freaks.

It's a product of living in the wrestling bubble; Meltzer has said many times that their attitude is "it's just wrestling, everyone knows it's fake nowadays so it doesn't matter if it doesn't make sense." Which to me is mind-boggling because it demonstrates a complete lack of understanding of other types of fiction. Like can you imagine the writers of Game of Thrones going "oh well everyone knows it's fake so let's just do whatever, doesn't matter"?

I think the problem is they don't see themselves as producing a work of fiction but as something that's supposed to be real, even though they completely ditched any pretense of that years ago. So you end up with this weird rear end cognitive dissonance programming where the one thing that they think makes wrestling work is no longer in play so just throw whatever out there because it doesn't matter anyway.

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Nov 18, 2014

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Spermgod posted:

It's a product of living in the wrestling bubble; Meltzer has said many times that their attitude is "it's just wrestling, everyone knows it's fake nowadays so it doesn't matter if it doesn't make sense." Which to me is mind-boggling because it demonstrates a complete lack of not only understanding of fiction. Like can you imagine the writers of Game of Thrones going "oh well everyone knows it's fake so let's just do whatever, doesn't matter"?

I think the problem is they don't see themselves as producing a work of fiction but as something that's supposed to be real, even though they completely ditched any pretense of that years ago. So you end up with this weird rear end cognitive dissonance programming where the one thing that they think makes wrestling work is no longer in play so just throw whatever out there because it doesn't matter anyway.

It's still especially weird because, the guy who made a show bible and storyboarded storylines, Chris Kresky, was mocked by Steph for doing that...when Kresky was the head writer for WWE's most lucrative year ever.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

It's still especially weird because, the guy who made a show bible and storyboarded storylines, Chris Kresky, was mocked by Steph for doing that...when Kresky was the head writer for WWE's most lucrative year ever.

Also the time when the stories made the most sense, and everyones relationships were solid and made SENSE and called back to previous events because we can assume that people are STILL WATCHING.

He was called a nerd for doing this.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Onmi posted:

Also the time when the stories made the most sense, and everyones relationships were solid and made SENSE and called back to previous events because we can assume that people are STILL WATCHING.

He was called a nerd for doing this.

He was a nerd but what Steph doesn't understand is nerds are good at what they nerd about.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
Is there a link anywhere to the Big E New Day clip? I fell asleep just before it played.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Angry heel Foochs is so much more interesting than generic face Foochs.

I'm not sure where they're headed with his character but I'll wait and see.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Angry heel Foochs is so much more interesting than generic face Foochs.

PSP loves a heel turn.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

HulkaMatt posted:

Worth if it if takes out HEEL AUTHORITY FIGURE HHH & STEPHANIE MCMAHON

Just add it to the list's of high priority angles that ended with "And then Cena won and nothing changed."

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I only watched a couple segements of Raw, how/why was Sheamus written out?

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Hey guys I just watched that last segment and the Erick Rowan walkout actually made me mark. That was actually cool.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Thauros posted:

I only watched a couple segements of Raw, how/why was Sheamus written out?

Mark Henry slammed him through the announce table

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Grumpy cat was adorable and sleepy and somehow the best part of the show

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

luke harper winning a belt before bray wyatt is loving incredible lol but then again he's a way better wrassler

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I think the inevitable Rowan vs. Harper feud should have waited a little bit but I'm cool with Team Lennie. Anyone bitching about the hilarious Cesaro tease is a big fat idiot.

Maybe they'll make it 6v6 if Sheamus isn't dead!

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I hope Cena's entire team just walks out on him, and maybe goes backstage to beat up the lovely writers responsible for this booking.

At least Tyson Kidd is still winning.

ScottyBomb
Oct 24, 2005

Cthulhu loves me, this I know, for ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!!
So, wait, is Cesaro wrestling on Team Authority? Who's he replacing? Kane?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

MacDougall posted:

Hey guys I just watched that last segment and the Erick Rowan walkout actually made me mark. That was actually cool.

:hfive:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

ScottyBomb posted:

So, wait, is Cesaro wrestling on Team Authority? Who's he replacing? Kane?

It was a trick, Cesaro is not good enough to be on a team.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

STAC Goat posted:

Erick Rowan? Seriously? If you had me pick who I'd put on Team Cena I really think Rowan might have been the absolutely last person. And people are actually into the idea of "Hulkamaniac" Evad Sullivan 2.0? We've somehow found ourselves in a place where people want the worst of terrible pre-nWo WCW booking?

This is just an elaborate prank, right? Rowan didn't join Team Cena.

They didn't actually do any "Rowan is a Cena fan" bit, people are just guessing at his motivation. It's more likely to be that he hates Luke Harper since Harper used to smack him around. Harper only joined the Authority at the end of last RAW, so that tracks with Rowan not joining Cena until now.

Or maybe Rowan got confused and thought he was Sheamus. Or maybe the stuffed animal told him to do it. Who knows.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

MacDougall posted:

Hell yeah it was. If you didn't mark for that then you're a jaded smark who doesn't like cool things.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

My reaction to Rowan was being confused as to why they were playing Harper's music when he was already out there to marking out like an idiot when he came running down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Miz and Mizdows first segment with grumpy cat was just downright adorable. :3: I didn't care about anything else because nothing else mattered. The Authority isn't going anywhere even if they somehow lose.

• Locked thread