Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
how was grumpy cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..

Cornwind Evil posted:

It says a LOT that when they got in someone who actually tried to keep track of these things with story bibles and stuff, Vince/others mocked him as a nerd and may have even fired him for it, I've heard a few variations of the story.

The people in charge of WWE are the strangest paradoxes. I guess it's a side effect of being micromanaging control freaks.

It's a product of living in the wrestling bubble; Meltzer has said many times that their attitude is "it's just wrestling, everyone knows it's fake nowadays so it doesn't matter if it doesn't make sense." Which to me is mind-boggling because it demonstrates a complete lack of understanding of other types of fiction. Like can you imagine the writers of Game of Thrones going "oh well everyone knows it's fake so let's just do whatever, doesn't matter"?

I think the problem is they don't see themselves as producing a work of fiction but as something that's supposed to be real, even though they completely ditched any pretense of that years ago. So you end up with this weird rear end cognitive dissonance programming where the one thing that they think makes wrestling work is no longer in play so just throw whatever out there because it doesn't matter anyway.

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Nov 18, 2014

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
i've been watching the period of AJPW when Bossman was around lately and he was really good in that setting. GOAT-level punches.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
the survivor series main event was probably a MOTYC on work alone but so much of the booking made absolutely no sense. why don't they have guys stay out there after getting eliminated like in the 80s NJPW 5 on 5s? why was being down to 3 on 3 apparently bad enough odds to convince Big Show to switch sides? how were both Ziggler and Rollins knocked out for that long?

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

maxallen posted:

how do you not know how to have fun?

ignoring your explanations which are pretty ok, please gently caress off with this poo poo

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
did anyone mention how awesome Cena was on the apron? i thought he really did a good job getting over the stakes during Ziggler's face in peril section.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
i've been a bit bewildered by the constant 'sandow is done once him and miz break up' given how awesome he was doing the impersonator gimmick that led up to this current run. can't he just go back to doing that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

KungFu Grip posted:

His impersonations weren't getting him over until he started taking the comedy bumps and pantomiming Miz, which is what people love.

i don't really remember at all how that stuff was getting over honestly. i thought it was funny as hell though it was hit or miss at times.

• Locked thread