Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Adrian Neville is the strongest, best booked champion in WWE. His promos are also bad but they're all under a minute so he's infinitely better than that absolute garbage promo Cena cut tonight.

Also if Cena loses he suffers no consequences so he'll just give a respectful clap to team Authority.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The Grey posted:

I've been away from WWE for a while...

What is Orton going to do at the PPV?

Why remove Shaemeus? Is he really hurt?

When will D-Bry and Roman be back?

Nothing
LOL WHO CARES WWE DOESN'T!
Never

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

SamuraiFoochs posted:

We're reduced to ironically enjoying Erick Rowan face turns en route to RAPADOOOOO. Seriously, this is what we're reduced to.

I never thought I would post this but Jesus H. Christ, where the poo poo are our standards?

AA'd through a table, along with the rest of our heroes. Only John Cena exists in this terrible void of existence. We must eke out what meager entertainment we can on our own.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I seriously think that their attitude has been "it's a free show so who gives a poo poo cause we certainly don't"

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Last I checked, all they ate for months were pins.

:vince:

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

JT Smiley posted:

Has Cena ever been called out for being a terrible friend who never comes to anyone's rescue?

Ryback did and they turned him heel for it. Cena then called him a whiny crybaby. It's ok though, because Cena respects him now.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Triple H cut a better babyface promo tonight about how WWE his is life and his family's life and how it defines his very being and it was better and more passionate and more belivilble than any Cena promo I've ever heard. I hope the authority smashes John Cena's smug cube-shaped head in on Sunday.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Imaging these past months with Bryan in the Cena role makes every aspect of their booking so much better and more coherent and less aggravating and now I'm sad that Bryan is dead and never wrestling again.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

This is a weird request, but I keep watching Eva Marie's hosed up Thesz Press that one time and I'm wondering if she has any other awesome botches I need to see. I like watching her be good at absolutely nothing.

I remember seeing a gif where she hosed up a clothesline. Not taking one, but giving one. How the gently caress do you gently caress up holding your arm out?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The bunny is the representation of the bestial nature inherent within man. The bunny is all of us.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Thinking about it, I think my favorite part of Raw was that Dean Ambrose got less screen time than the bunny. But don't worry guys they have big plans for Ambrose and he's gonna be back in the main event eventually!!!

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

They should just drop all pretenses and make Cena the new authority figure. He already basically runs the company and always gets what he wants so they should make that explicit.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

MotU posted:

Let's go Cena

Cena sucks.

But seriously, Cena the bad teammate has approached comical levels.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Valeyard posted:

im not doing a running commentary, ill be quiet :ssh:

You said you wouldn't but here you are still doing it. Why are you doing this Valeyard?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The wrestling tomorrow will probably be good but the booking will suck so the show will suck. Everything sucks.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dexo posted:

If I had to guess, one of Cena's partners, Probably Ziggler because he always gets screwed, gets "hurt" or walks out on Cena, then during the match the Authority team is taunting Cena's team because they are down one team member in the ring, all smug like. Then everyone suddenly hears voices in their head. Rollins/Triple H has a priceless oh poo poo look, and then Orton gets the jesus St Louis pop, and they start the match.

So what you're saying is that a newer not stale guy gets pushed back down to the midcard to make room for Cena/Orton bullshit? loving Nostradamus here.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Astro7x posted:

Match will end in a DQ when somebody runs in attacking Ambrose, setting up his next PPV match at TLC. Same ending will happen again at TLC, setting up a match for The Rumble.

Each person will be further and further down the card until Ambrose is wrestling a rehired JTG (because Vince forgot he fired him). People here will still say they've got big plans for Ambrose and just wait and see.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Beef Waifu posted:

When is Survivor Series?

Pre-Show at 7 ET, Actual show at 8 ET.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Alternatively, Dean ends up in the main event and wins the title. People here will say not to enjoy it because WWE will eventually blow it and then you'll look foolish for having lived in the moment.

Guess we'll just have to WAIT AND SEE! :shepface:

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Nov 23, 2014

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

ScottyBomb posted:

I honestly don't understand the impulse to DOWNPLAY the WWE Heavyweight Championship the past few months, so no one notices its not being defended.

You should actually be playing the HELL out of it. Have Heyman come out every week and tell the world that Brock Lesnar couldn't be assed to be there because YOU AREN'T WORTH IT. He's not going to get out of bed until someone worthwhile is in the ring against him, and it's in front of a worthy crowd. The Authority can't get the belt back from him because he's gone rogue on them and is holding it hostage. Build that heat up so the crowd is frothing at the mouth to see him show up and maybe actually get beaten. Have Heyman say he's not impressed with Cena - even if he IS the number 1 contender - because he's already beaten Cena twice(ish.) Make the story about Cena *NEEDING,* desperately, to do something so impressive it summons Brock from his lair - that's why he's so up in everyone's face, why he's sticking his nose in everyone's business and why he's making so much noise - while an increasingly unhinged Authority tries to get the number 1 contendership off him and on someone else so Lesnar will show (and so Rollins can cash in on him.)

Christ, it writes itself.

Or or or we could just have him show up and lose to Cena.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The most frustrating part of tonight was the realization that WWE can do awesome cool stuff but for some reason they just loving don't. It's maddening.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Daniel Bryan was the guy who got me back into wrestling after years away from it so Wrestlemania was my biggest markout of the year but this was pretty good.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Yuriy posted:

his in ring will be good and he'll get good matches out of bad people and that's more than you can get from most but i miss brock more than i miss him

I want a Bryan/Lesnar match that poo poo would own so hard.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

SamuraiFoochs posted:

This doesn't surprise me given the source. I'm not giving you poo poo, Bryan's not your jam, that's cool, but I think you're in a minority.

(If I had the option of Dean and Bryan switching places on the card once Bryan returns I'd do it so loving fast)

I want Bryan in the main event scene so I wouldn't wish Dean's spot on him.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Fibby Boy posted:

Could someone give me a recap of team authority vs. team cena please?

Big Show turned on Cena (SHOCKER!), Dolph Ziggler gets to run wild, eliminates Kane, and Harper. Gets two visual pinfalls on Rollins but each pin is broken by Triple H loving with the ref. When he calls his own ref down after pedigreeing Ziggler, Sting shows up, beats up Trips and the ref, and then puts Ziggler on top of Rollins for the pin.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Also we got an Aja Kong reference in 2014 that was cool.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

There are a lot of cool places they can go off of last night but I fully expect them to go back to only Cena matters booking until Reigns comes back. I wish I had optimism but the way they managed to shuffle Bryan into a loving Kane feud immediately after Wrestlemania's high instills no confidence in me.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Spermgod posted:

the survivor series main event was probably a MOTYC on work alone but so much of the booking made absolutely no sense. why don't they have guys stay out there after getting eliminated like in the 80s NJPW 5 on 5s? why was being down to 3 on 3 apparently bad enough odds to convince Big Show to switch sides? how were both Ziggler and Rollins knocked out for that long?

Show saw how hard Rollins worked for his team compared to how Cena just sat around and did nothing. He wanted in on that.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

projecthalaxy posted:

This is true. For a drugged out party god, he's also very good at despair.

Once the LSD wears off, all that remains is a gnawing emptiness within his soul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Daniel Bryan posted:

He thought it was a pretty lame show except the main event. Thought they presented Sting very well.

Well, he's not wrong.

• Locked thread