Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Rowan face turn owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

TheJoker138 posted:

I'm really into the idea of Rowan not being really a good guy or a bad guy, but just kind of being there and doing his own, weirdo poo poo. Sometimes he'll creepily stalk Renee Young, but he also will help John Cena because he happens to be fighting a dude who used to slap him a lot.

He just thinks Renee is pretty but doesn't have any idea how to properly interact with anyone. Dim-witted face is a pretty effective character for crowds to get behind.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I Before E posted:

Counterpoint: it will lead to Erick Rowan being in matches

People always say he's terrible but he's been perfectly fine in the ring. He's not going to put on a clinic but he doesn't botch stuff and can sell and his moves look good.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I Before E posted:

Festus eventually became entertaining as Big LG. Rowan will never be entertaining.

Wrong. Rowan is already entertaining.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

MacDougall posted:

Hey guys I just watched that last segment and the Erick Rowan walkout actually made me mark. That was actually cool.

Hell yeah it was. If you didn't mark for that then you're a jaded smark who doesn't like cool things.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I like Erick Rowan as a goofy looking dude but there is zero reason for him to be in this match. It's basically "gently caress it, here's Erick Rowan, why not. 9.99"

Because Harper joined the Authority and Rowan is mad at Harper, which I bet is explained tonight.

Alternatively, you can use the WWE SuperCard theory that Rowan is actually the replacement for Punk since his stats are really really high for some reason. So now pretend Rowan is CM Punk.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Your new TNA champion... Albert of the River!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

HulkaMatt posted:

Would have been real cool if they explained it before the big match on the show everyone watches, but :shrug:

Nah, it was worth it for the music playing and Harper looking confused, then Rowan coming out and everyone in the ring freaking out as the two stared down each other. Surprise turns are fun.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Harper is Killer Croc because he has the Gator Roll Designed to Disorient Your Opponent.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Foley and Edge and Christian should all take over as GMs, not just Foley.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I thought that last word was they'll let this contract finish up and be done with him since he isn't drawing. It's not totally his fault, but they know they can't afford him. So he'll put over Reigns at Wrestlemania and that'll be it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dexters Secret posted:

Please rescue the goat john cena

Why that's clearly Daniel Bryan up there so we need ~brrRRRiiiIiIEEEEeee moooOOOOOddddDDDeeEEE~

• Locked thread