Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
Luke Harper has the IC title after joining up with The Authority. Erick Rowan turns face, immediately stares down Harper.

Neither of them have characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

Suben posted:

Wyatt said in that promo where he released him that Rowan was basically a child in a man's body or something so of course Erick Rowan wants to team with John Cena.

I don't hate the idea of them just continuing the same stuff with Rowan that he's been doing. Wanders around, occasionally bumps into other storylines/opponents at opportune times.

Kind of like Kane's backstory but intentional this time.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
Del Rio and Ziggler really did always click with each other (the double turn match is awesome) and it seems like they really did have a lot of respect behind that. :shobon:

It's becoming cliche to say this but it's still true: Del Rio has more personality casually talking to that guy than his character did for like the last 2 years of his run.

edit: the noise for these screenswipes is the most annoying thing

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

Shine posted:

I watched it a while back on fatherdog's suggestion and it was the poo poo. Del Rio kicked Ziggler's concussed head in until he passed out, and when the crowd turned on him he just looked at them like "hey gently caress you guys, I'm gonna win." I love a good mean streak and Del Rio looked like a loving serial killer when he was beating on people.

A double-turn can be tricky but they just pulled it off so effortlessly.

That feud getting some kind of proper blowoff is a great "what-if", since ADR's run went nowhere and Ziggler went immediately back to the midcard.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
Aw man, what an awesome main event. I don't even care about Sting much but that ruled. Loved that Ziggler got the "legitimate" win before going into screwjob territory. Feels overbooked on paper but flowed so well you hardly noticed. Even Rowan looked good!

Two minor kvetches:
- Kind of lame booking for Ryback after all the build for him being on the team.
- I might just have a soft spot for them, but it's kinda lame how the Dusts got the shaft on that title run. Win, regular jobbing out for 2 months, defeat. No problem with Miz and Sandow having the belts per say, but lame title run on a cool team, even by WWE standards.

But again, the main was so solid I feel like I'm whining.

The Landstander fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Nov 24, 2014

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
I'd hate that Sting 'took the glory' if they didn't spend a lot of time showing that Ziggler is quite clearly the man and was definitively winning the match against all odds, including a strong visual pinfall on Rollins, before The Authority's goons began to directly and unsubtly screw him over.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
^^^ :lol:

MassRafTer posted:

It's going to depend on how they portray it. If 90% of the highlights and recap focuses on STING and shows Dolph being dumped on Rollins then it's going to come off as the former. It's easy to assume WWE will do that because it's WWE.

Agreed on that - or maybe in a different sense whether they actually try and do something with Ziggler after having such a big win or if he's just shuffled back off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

Ratedargh posted:

If it keeps them both away from the parts of the show I care about, I say go ahead!

This is my exact sentiment.

• Locked thread