Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the Superbowl?
The AZ Cardinals
Cardinals
Arizona
Cards
View Results

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

FuzzySkinner posted:

Apparently he was a jerk to the media (who cares), but also a jerk to his fellow position players since day 1.

I can't remember, where there rumors of him being an rear end in a top hat with the Texans? I want to say there was something going on between him and Kubiak or the team at some point but I might be remembering contract type stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Don't make me start actively rooting against the Chargers. They're the only team in our division I can stand currently beyond the Chiefs.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I checked, Tate has to go through waivers, and will cost a team $350k for the rest of the season.

Come on Raiders, you need a running back!

Also, Colts signed Josh Cribbs

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Kalli posted:

Quick reads are out and ventures into weird running back trends and Andy Dalton's tops the DYAR list for the week: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2014/week-11-quick-reads

top-5 QB Drew Stanton

:smuggo:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

No Butt Stuff posted:

Don't make me start actively rooting against the Chargers. They're the only team in our division I can stand currently beyond the Chiefs.

Nothing personal. I just have more faith in Denver winning the division, so we're battling with KC for a WC spot. Along with Miami and the entire AFC North

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
So is chud assembling the 2013 Browns in Indy so when Pags gets fired he has his team ready to go? WTF.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Kalli posted:

I checked, Tate has to go through waivers, and will cost a team $350k for the rest of the season.

Come on Raiders, you need a running back!

Also, Colts signed Josh Cribbs
Not that Ben Tate is some great pickup but that's dirt money. You'd think some team would spite claim him just to keep him from a contending rival.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Nothing personal. I just have more faith in Denver winning the division, so we're battling with KC for a WC spot. Along with Miami and the entire AFC North

The AFC West is sending 3 teams. Again.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Ben Tate smart man.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Kalli posted:

Quick reads are out and ventures into weird running back trends and Andy Dalton's tops the DYAR list for the week: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2014/week-11-quick-reads

1. Andy Dalton - You'll recall that last week Dalton was in last place with -190 DYAR, so this is a swing of 352 DYAR from one week to the next. That is literally like going from replacement level one week to Ben Roehtlisberger's 526-yard, six-touchdown game (which scored 355 DYAR) the next. He was nearly perfect keeping drives alive against New Orleans. On third downs, he went 7-of-8 for 117 yards, with every completion gaining a first down, including one touchdown. A ninth third-down throw resulted in a 7-yard DPI.

28. Eli Manning - Five picks will do that to you, especially when they come on short routes. On passes to receivers within 3 yards of the line of scrimmage, Manning went 6-of-13 for 19 yards with no first downs and three picks.

Good loving lord, the Saints are so hilariously bad against passing 3rd downs.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

No Butt Stuff posted:

It's kind of funny how there's such a huge gap of Goodness in the division. It's like:

Chiefs
Chargers

x50 more line breaks-Raiders

x150 more line breaks- Broncos

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

More casualties

@MikeGarafolo
And yes, that's indeed the case. WR Jason Avant waived by the Panthers today.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Parmesan Basil posted:

It's kind of funny how there's such a huge gap of Goodness in the division. It's like:

Chiefs
Chargers

x50 more line breaks-Raiders

x150 more line breaks- Broncos
It's funny because my Dad can't fathom how I can dislike Denver more than Oakland. But then again, he witnessed the 70s and 80s and John Madden and Tom Flores first hand. And the 1980 AFC Title Game.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Avant in KC makes sense

Butch Otter
Jan 24, 2003

Ozu posted:

More casualties

@MikeGarafolo

Cut for questioning playcalling according to PFT

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Ozu posted:

More casualties

@MikeGarafolo

Some are intimating this has something to do with him (rightfully) complaining about the playcalling late in the Falcons game, which if true, holy poo poo. Regardless, I really like Avant, so not a fan of this move.

e:
@BlackBlueReview
Rivera on speculation Avant was released because of Sunday comments: "That has nothing to do with it, and that has to stop right here."

He claims he wasn't aware of Avant's postgame comments and that this was done to get the younger WRs more reps. Hmm...

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Not a checkbox poll, voted 1

remake this thread please

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mr. Darsie posted:

Cam should start questioning the playcalling for his own safety

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Mr. Darsie posted:

hosed up if true.

He'll be able to land another gig, right?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kalli posted:

1. Andy Dalton - You'll recall that last week Dalton was in last place with -190 DYAR, so this is a swing of 352 DYAR from one week to the next. That is literally like going from replacement level one week to Ben Roehtlisberger's 526-yard, six-touchdown game (which scored 355 DYAR) the next. He was nearly perfect keeping drives alive against New Orleans. On third downs, he went 7-of-8 for 117 yards, with every completion gaining a first down, including one touchdown. A ninth third-down throw resulted in a 7-yard DPI.

28. Eli Manning - Five picks will do that to you, especially when they come on short routes. On passes to receivers within 3 yards of the line of scrimmage, Manning went 6-of-13 for 19 yards with no first downs and three picks.

4.Ryan Mallett HOU (119 DYAR)
Mallett did not throw a single pass to his running backs, and only three passes to his tight ends (including J.J. Watt), all in the first half. Those three passes resulted in a 2-yard touchdown to Watt, a 14-yard gain to Garrett Graham, and a 20-yard touchdown to Graham.

GET THE gently caress IN

ComposerGuy posted:

There were Texan fans here legit mad we let him get away.

Our fans are real dumb is my point here.

Don't be that guy, Tate was great for us when he was healthy

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

WugLyfe posted:

hosed up if true.

He'll be able to land another gig, right?

Oh yeah. Avant is a very good #3/#4 and is pretty much an automatic first down.

E_Motion
Oct 26, 2004

Your fortuitous arrival is most welcome! Now, I am spared the bother of hunting you down!

College Slice

Atticus Finch posted:

Weekly update

The other teams in the hunt for an AFC wildcard next to the Ravens: Dolphins, Chargers, Browns.
Ravens still have to play all 3 of them.

This is awesome, but the rest of the season is not gonna be good for my blood pressure to say the least.

Butch Otter
Jan 24, 2003

Avant seemed like a better option to me than Cotchery this year for Carolina. A lot of teams could use him

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Regnevelc posted:

Oh yeah. Avant is a very good #3/#4 and is pretty much an automatic first down.

Yeah, guy gets off a team in a pretty bad situation and you'd think if he makes it to them, Andy Reid would probably be pretty interesting in picking him up... (Roughly $300k to sign him for the rest of the season btw)

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Gatts posted:

This 2015 free agent list is supposed to be the bomb. So I hope the Browns sign somone...lol.

JPP, Julius Thomas, Dez Bryant, Suh...

Look at this list. So much potential...Open pocket books Browns.

http://www.spotrac.com/free-agents/nfl/

Even assuming all the top guys get franchised, this is still a great FA class. Any chance Iuptai actually makes it to FA?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I really hope someone claims Tate before the Colts get a shot at him. He's going to go run for 4.5 ypc in Indy I just loving know it :argh:

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

RumbleFish posted:

Some are intimating this has something to do with him (rightfully) complaining about the playcalling late in the Falcons game, which if true, holy poo poo. Regardless, I really like Avant, so not a fan of this move.

e:
@BlackBlueReview
Rivera on speculation Avant was released because of Sunday comments: "That has nothing to do with it, and that has to stop right here."

He claims he wasn't aware of Avant's postgame comments and that this was done to get the younger WRs more reps. Hmm...

Panthers need a deep threat. Avant's not it, but nobody else on the roster is either. Philly Brown has one good game, one great TD catch (on a terribly underthrown ball), a hilarious backbreaking muffed & re-fumbled punt, and is fresh off a concussion. He'd be in severe danger of losing playing time to Brenton Bersin if Bersin hadn't usurped the kickoff/punt return duties from Brown after that fumble.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Even assuming all the top guys get franchised, this is still a great FA class. Any chance Iuptai actually makes it to FA?

They had the choice of extending him or Anthony Davis and chose Davis last year. The 49ers could franchise him but I doubt they have the space to resign him if they don't rework like three contracts or part ways with a different expensive vet player.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Atticus Finch posted:

Weekly update

Dear god, please no more playoff games against the Colts.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Canopus250 posted:

They had the choice of extending him or Anthony Davis and chose Davis last year. The 49ers could franchise him but I doubt they have the space to resign him if they don't rework like three contracts or part ways with a different expensive vet player.

Ahmad Brooks is good as gone. The dead money on him is $4.5 million over 2015 & 2016. His cap hit both years is 9.6 million. That's gonna clear up a ton of room. Gore has a $6 mill cap hit too, if I remember right. His deal is over. That'll help.

Good thing Aldon Smith is such a fuckup so he should have a bit of a discount to him.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Panthers IR Nate Chandler

that division :stare:

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Would gladly take Avant back on the Eagles for the stretch run.

Would be a better #3 target than Cooper (Matthews in the slot has cemented himself as the #2 option)

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
So in short week news Anthony Fasano practiced which is good for KC, AJ Jenkins and Donnie Avery are still out. Also I guess Ray Guy is getting his HoF ring at halftime so that's kind of cool. Random quote from Doug Pedersen on something that will never happen but now all of you will want it to:

quote:

"I don't know if we would split Dontari Poe out wide like that and throw him a fade," Pederson said. "But you never know. You never know."

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

quote:

Don't be that guy, Tate was great for us when he was healthy

Tate had like one stellar year I think (2011) and he was fine off and on, but he was absolutely and completely replaceable at a position that is more times than not a revolving door. There was no reason to pay him and Foster simultaneously.

I don't think he's washed up or anything, but there was some seriously misplaced anger when we let him walk.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

LiquidFriend posted:

Dear god, please no more playoff games against the Colts.

But you are the only team we can beat.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lol gently caress all your pouty RBs.

@AlbertBreer
Steelers release LeGarrette Blount.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Come on Seahawks, cut Lynch, everyone else is doing it!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Well the Colts should be in good shape at RB again soon...

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

Spoeank posted:

Ahmad Brooks is good as gone. The dead money on him is $4.5 million over 2015 & 2016. His cap hit both years is 9.6 million.

Is that after the paycut he took this offseason? I know he's a likely money cut but I thought he was making a lot less than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Ozu posted:

lol gently caress all your pouty RBs.

@AlbertBreer
Steelers release LeGarrette Blount.

Yeah after last night that's pretty much a given

• Locked thread