Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the Superbowl?
The AZ Cardinals
Cardinals
Arizona
Cards
View Results

• Locked thread
Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

Athanatos posted:

These stats are just what QBs do these days. What JJ Watt is doing is something special and should be MVP. There isn't anyone even close in my mind.

Demarco Murray is also doing something pretty special. If he continues to hit 100 yard games like its nothing, he should get it over any QB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Eltoasto posted:

Would love it, but someone else will claim him before the Colts can. The bright side is that Zurlon Tipton will probably get carries now.

I also would love an all Browns backfield

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

SeannieDarko posted:

When does he clear waivers?

It's either two or three days, so not for another 36 hours at least

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
if the raiders beat the chiefs in primetime i will be so happy.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Same

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Volkerball posted:

Is this like one of those "What if the Nazis won WWII" kind of deals?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Parmesan Basil posted:

More like what if the Native Americans had driven the Europeans mocking their culture into the sea.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs

Parmesan Basil posted:

so you're taking up the mantle of the Stalinist Soviet Union?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Parmesan Basil posted:

More like what if the Dutch were a world power again thing.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP

Bad Moon posted:

More like what if the Dutch were a world power again thing.

Everyone knows it takes 400 years to cover from a Tulip Mania.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Volkerball posted:

Me three

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Crunkjuice posted:

Demarco Murray is also doing something pretty special. If he continues to hit 100 yard games like its nothing, he should get it over any QB.

Eh, if Cowboys make it past first round of playoffs thanks to Murray leading the way then I'll accept that. Otherwise it's Watt all the way, he's just too dominant at every single thing he does. gently caress, give him the ball and let's see what he does as a QB or RB.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
The Raiders won't go 0-16. They'll win a game... This feeling in me says it will be against the Chiefs. God dammit. Thursday night football... the setup up is too perfect.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

the Raiders will win a close, well-fought game against the Broncos back ups in Week 17

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

old dog child posted:

the Raiders will win a close, well-fought game against the Broncos back ups in Week 17

It will be the first Raiders win I've ever seen in person.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

old dog child posted:

If it's not their back ups, I just pictured the zoomed in face of Peyton as the Raiders are charging down the field after he just fumbled or threw an interception.

Or will it be a close up of Andy Reid's emotionless face as they're stomping the Chiefs.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Volkerball posted:

It will be the first Raiders win I've ever seen in person.

I hope it's a good game! I hate the Raiders but not this much, man...not enough to truly wish for a 0-16 season. If you guys missed playoffs with a respectable 8-8 every year, I'd be truly happy.

Prorat posted:

If it's not their back ups, I just pictured the zoomed in face of Peyton as the Raiders are charging down the field after he just fumbled or threw an interception.

Or will it be a close up of Andy Reid's emotionless face as they're stomping the Chiefs.

:laffo:

Either scenario is great but with the recent Broncos' play, I'd rather not chance it..so let's go for slow zoom-in on Planet Reid

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Someone just sent me a link to the Ben & Browns picture and they got it from a subreddit called "r/nfffffffluuuuuuuuuuuu"

Is nothing loving sacred

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Nov 19, 2014

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

See, you guys are now agreeing with a broncos fan. I hope you're happy.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
My fiancé said she would think Alex Smith is hot but his eyes are too close together.

Is that why he can't go deep?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Cam Newton is never going to re-sign with the Panthers unless major changes are made. Not only did they systematically set him up for failure in the offseason by utterly dismantling the offense around him, they also seem hell bent on shortening his career by playing him half dead on the field. To add insult to injury, his coach throws him under the bus and continues to flense what little talent around him there is because of perceived slights. Ron may be the worst coach in the league right now.

Yet if Cam were to say anything the sports world would crucify him.

The crazy thing is the media has the gall to complain about players never saying anything. Entitled assholes think they can poo poo all over everything and then demand more material when they get bored.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

Excuse me if I'm not excited for the Perry Fewell experience.

whoa. Yes please, make that happen for my sake.

You can replace Rivera's stoically confused look whenever the team fucks up with Fewell just laughing and not making any adjustments instead. I'd love to watch him on some other team's sideline.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Here are the 2015 HOF semi-finalists

code:
    Morten Andersen, K
    Steve Atwater, S
    Jerome Bettis, RB
    Tim Brown, RB
    Isaac Bruce, WR
    Don Coryell, coach
    Roger Craig, RB
    Terrell Davis, RB
    Tony Dungy, coach
    Kevin Greene, LB
    Charles Haley, DE
    Marvin Harrison, WR
    Torry Holt, WR
    Joe Jacoby, OL
    Edgerrin James, RB
    Jimmy Johnson, coach
    Mike Kenn, OL
    Ty Law, CB
    John Lynch, S
    Kevin Mawae, OL
    Karl Mecklenburg, LB
    Orlando Pace, OL
    Junior Seau, LB
    Will Shields, OL
    Kurt Warner, QB
    Darren Woodson, S
Seau, Warner, Pace, Holt and Bruce are among the first-year candidates. This ballot is stacked as hell but I wouldn't be surprised if they try to get most of the Greatest Show on Turf core in around the same time.

Something tells me that Woodson won't make the final ballot.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Bettis definitely. Not Dungy because he'll be back when his kids stop being selfish little shits and realize that footbaw take priority over them.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

FizFashizzle posted:

Yeah but Jerry will just hire another defensive coordinator lifer he can get for cheap. Gotta "control the clock, establish the run, play the game the right way. Not like those assholes like Joe Namath over in the American Football Conference."

Excuse me if I'm not excited for the Perry Fewell experience.

That Superbowl Champion defensive coordinator Perry Fewell to you. I think the whole Giants staff is going to get the axe so any one of them can be on your team soon!

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Years like this make the 5 person limit look so loving stupid but I guess it ensures there is always someone to vote in :shrug:

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Why is no one wearing a well fitting suit in this picture. You are grown rear end men, hire someone with taste and a tailor.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Seau Warner Harrison Holt Shields. Don't question it just elect those guys.

Tim Brown is a shoe in veteran's committee pick at this point, just let him wait I guess. gently caress I missed Pace, goodbye Shields, maybe you'll get in later too.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Seau is the biggest lock in recent memory and whoever gives his posthumous speech will probably leave me a wreck :(

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Orlando Motherfucking Pace, Tim Brown, Seau, Torry Holt and I'd say Marvin Harrison, but that dude straight kills people, so Darren Woodson.

I realize some people hear are like super young, so I'll just say this.

You know how Mike Martz is an incompetent boob who gets his QB's murdered running elaborate 9 step drops with a billion patterns and zero protection?

Orlando Pace made him look like a loving genius.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I guess since Mecklenberg is in that list he's one of the old timers, who else are they considering?

Mike Kenn since I've never heard of him?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Grittybeard posted:

I guess since Mecklenberg is in that list he's one of the old timers, who else are they considering?

Mike Kenn since I've never heard of him?

Ron Wolf and Bill Polian are the top executive front-runners. Wolf makes sense since he revived the Packers in the 90s and has a long list of successful execs inspired by him. Polian only makes sense because he single-handedly changed the passing game after '04 and has a long list of media buddies.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

wtftastic posted:

Why is no one wearing a well fitting suit in this picture. You are grown rear end men, hire someone with taste and a tailor.

Lovie's suit is camouflage from the background of an early 2000s first-person shooter video game.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Benne posted:

Seau is the biggest lock in recent memory and whoever gives his posthumous speech will probably leave me a wreck :(

Anyone but Mama Seau :(

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Benne posted:

Here are the 2015 HOF semi-finalists

Lock: Junior Seau, Orlando Pace, Tim Brown.

Bubble: Holt, Bettis, Coryell, Davis, Jimmy Johnson, Harrison, Warner.

Hall of Very Good: Bruce, Dungy, Haley, Edgerrin, Law, Lynch, Mawae, Shields, Woodson

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
No Modell, means I won't have to suicide bomb the HOF game.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Morten Andersen deserves it but that is a loaded loving ballot. The NFL's all time scoring leader should be in the hall.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
There are probably 5 more deserving players on this particular ballot, but Roger Craig was a cool and good football player* who deserves to be in the Hall IMO

*Except for the 1990 playoffs

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Brannock posted:

Lock: Tim Brown.

I honestly don't know how you can think Brown is a lock at this point. They've been ignoring him for years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
In general WRs don't get a lot of respect. I'm honestly not sure whether Moss makes it first-ballot.

• Locked thread