Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the Superbowl?
The AZ Cardinals
Cardinals
Arizona
Cards
View Results

• Locked thread
b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Eifert Posting posted:

Well I hope y'all enjoyed the Steelers not being in first cause the Bengals are gonna lose to the Texans.

It's a 1pm game, so you'll have good Andy, and AJ Green appears to be back. I doubt the Texans offense will look as good as it did in Cleveland unless you plan on letting Alfred Blue rip you up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Grittybeard posted:

I can't remember, where there rumors of him being an rear end in a top hat with the Texans? I want to say there was something going on between him and Kubiak or the team at some point but I might be remembering contract type stuff.

Kubiak kept inhouse stuff pretty quiet but you could tell that something wasn't clicking with his coach because even though Foster was out, he was still splitting time (or not even playing in games) with obvious non-entities. I don't believe it was due to injury either.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Lessail posted:

That's because there's no lovely dick graphs

we need dokmo in here stat

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

PFF @PFF posted:

Ryan Mallett's average time per pass attempt was 2.06 seconds vs CLE. Off the charts fast, lowest in the league this week.

PFF @PFF posted:

More Mallett: When ball was out in under 2.5 secs passer rating was 123.1, when it was >2.5 seconds: 31.3 passer rating.

Seems pretty goddamned fast.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

No Butt Stuff posted:

In 2.5 seconds a receiver, even untouched at the line, is only going to be like 15 yards into a straight line route with no moves or deviation from the line. I'm guessing, without having seen the game, that this means there were a bunch of fades, crossing route, and timed comebacks?

There were a couple of deeper throws but he pretty much missed all but like 1 of them. He did have Andre Johnson open after Haden bit hard on a double move but the placement wasn't there and it went incomplete. That really doesn't give a QB much time to go through progressions either but it was still a night and day difference between him and how long Fitzpatrick would hold onto the ball.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

No Butt Stuff posted:

And a ton of people were saying "How would Watt ever win MVP with Manning and Rivers performing how they are" and oh look who's still going strong?

How many TD's does Watt need to have by the end of the regular season in order to be considered for the MVP race? 6? 7? I think if he gets another defensive score and another receiving TD he has to be up there in voting, finishing 2nd or 3rd behind whatever QB ends up with the best stats/record.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Intruder posted:

Going back to advanced stats, apparently Mallett had a negative PFF grade on the game which I find interesting given he was #4 among QBs in DYAR. I don't know what his actual score was, since I assume it's behind a paywall, but it was mentioned that both he and Hoyer graded negatively on the game in the ReFo game review

It's -0.1 which is pretty much the definition of mediocre. PM'd you the offensive grades for browns game.

• Locked thread