Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

howe_sam posted:

Walter and Belly having invented something preposterous in the 70's and 80's.

"Belly and I posited..."

also Walter listening to music.

and Dropped Plot Threads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Yeah, I wonder if there's going to be a group of kids terrified of flying in this generation because they grew up with JJ Abrams poo poo and horrible things happening to planes.

Also, i'm going to second whoever was highly supportive of the first opening. That body-melty, literal jaw-droppy poo poo is loving horrific, and the opening piano gives me fuckin' goosebumps.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
I kinda liked how Ep 2 turned a pre-existing normal crime case into a fringe event. It may feel a little forced to some people, but it gives sort of a feeling and creedence to there being cases before recent history and that people are really only just recently becoming aware of What Hath Science Done.

Early on, and I really like this, even before we're aware of ZFT, there's cases that are perpetrated and caused by them, where they are loving with advanced technology and causing fringe events, and then cases where what they basically believe is coming true: technology is rapidly racing out of any hope to control it, people don't realise the scope of what they're doing, and to borrow a line from Jurassic Park, "your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn't stop to think if they should."

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
The ZFT goon (whom i tend to think of as Mark Snow, from Person of Interest), has a future episode reference on his hat, namely the green-green-green-red pattern used later as part of a hypnosis gizmo. There's also his gun, which will you will think of when you see the observers firing some of their guns down the line. Most notable in S2, when we get to meet the first non-september Observer.

I really like the way it sets up so much stuff. ZFT having a bigger picture of what's going on, the observer being more than a background presence. And so much Walter. Walter, who has forgotten more than he knows, but who remembers the motions of what to do or who to talk to, even if he can't think of it.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Unrelated to the current discussion: i finally learned where the thread title comes from. good choice.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
I met the guy who plays the FBI agent. I served him a doppio at starbuck and went it something like this "Doppio for Chanceholyshityourechancekelly".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
I'm well ahead of the thread for the rewatch, but i would invent a time machine to make a fringe prequel starring young john nobel and young leonard nemoy.

• Locked thread