Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Love is just chemicals in your brain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW
The popular rock and roll band "Bush" wrote a song about this very subject.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
you think that's air you're breathing now

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

I've never heard it.

yoyodyne
May 7, 2007
I'm sorry u got cucked OP

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
but not, my friend, if you are a cartoon

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

All love poetry is about a chemical reaction urging the poet to reproduce.

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW
Ur pretty deep OP you should become a scientist.

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

Sir John Feelgood posted:

But my hatred for you is beyond that, bro.

P.S. Wanna be chemical brothers?

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
All human experience is just chemicals in a brain.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Motherfucker posted:

Yes, but the love chemicals overrule the normal chemicals and make you dumb because it wants you to have sex.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Yes, but the love chemicals overrule the normal chemicals and make you dumb because it wants you to have sex.

The urge to shitpost is when you accidentally get poo poo in your brain.

That is why you a shithead.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

When you say "I love you," what you're really saying is "Chemicals in my brain have caused me to be irrationally attached to you."

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

that old 666 post goes here

e. this one
Realize that falling in love with someone is just the results of a series of generic events that can occur between you and basically anyone who meets your standards of attractiveness. It's just an emotional manifestation of a handfull of chemicals bouncing back and forth. It's not the holy grail of living, it's not your reason to exist and it's definitely not something reserved for "that one person." Accept that you are just an animal with a big brain that allows him to fret over what only amounts to a game of hormone pool. What you're feeling is not your soul dying a gurgling, ugly death, but withdrawal. All the happy chemicals that saturated your body when you were with him are kicking out cold turkey, and your body is screaming bloody murder, where are my loving endorphins? It's just chocolate. Find a new bar.

proof of concept fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Nov 18, 2014

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Your actually just a bunch of atoms. You care about big blobs of atoms stuck together.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

proof of concept posted:

e. this one
Realize that falling in love with someone is just the results of a series of generic events that can occur between you and basically anyone who meets your standards of attractiveness. It's just an emotional manifestation of a handfull of chemicals bouncing back and forth. It's not the holy grail of living, it's not your reason to exist and it's definitely not something reserved for "that one person." Accept that you are just an animal with a big brain that allows him to fret over what only amounts to a game of hormone pool. What you're feeling is not your soul dying a gurgling, ugly death, but withdrawal. All the happy chemicals that saturated your body when you were with him are kicking out cold turkey, and your body is screaming bloody murder, where are my loving endorphins? It's just chocolate. Find a new bar.
Yeah. That all is right.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Pussy is a commodity.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

do you know what else is chamicals? everything bro. everythgin is cemicals

u hear people say oh dont eat that non organic apple it has chennicals wen the apple is made of commicals. chemmisty is like, everything thats 2 tricky 4 fizzX and not tricky enough 4 bio lol

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

chaosbreather posted:

do you know what else is chamicals? everything bro. everythgin is cemicals

u hear people say oh dont eat that non organic apple it has chennicals wen the apple is made of commicals. chemmisty is like, everything thats 2 tricky 4 fizzX and not tricky enough 4 bio lol
:chloe:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

chemicals (jizz chemicals) in your brain

Sidecrab
Jul 16, 2012

I'm sorry OP love is the work of Angels?

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Sidecrab posted:

I'm sorry OP love is the work of Angels?
It's not.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

OP jeffrey dahmer already figured this out and he knew he just had to add more chemicals to make the man love him

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

A happy coincidence.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Incorrect...it's chemicals AND electrical impulses.

RAGE HOLE
Jun 7, 2006

Stendhal Stockholm
I think adderall makes me love more. Also booze.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Chemicals are just love in the brain

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

So are drugs.

And everyone loves drugs.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

So are drugs.

And everyone loves drugs.
Yeah.

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
you sound really lonely OP

RennZero
Oct 10, 2007

"Get in."
Uh no my brain is 100% organic OP no chemicals or additives of any kind and I love my cat very much so explain that with your science!

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

The Dennis System posted:

Incorrect...it's chemicals AND electrical impulses.

It's not even real electricity, it's just ion exchange and charge pathways. Chemistry itself is merely electricity if you want to look closely enough. And electricity only works because particles want to achieve the lowest possible energy, and turn that energy to heat, leading to a connection with entropy.

If you follow it though carefully, you end up with only one inescapable conclusion: the only reason love exists at all is because the universe (and you with it) are slowly dying.

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

Just got dumped but I don't care anyway, love is just chemicals in your brain. I swear guys I'm not even bothered by it! Nope nothing lost but some chemicals. Definitely not crying by the way, just got some chemicals in my eye that's all, seriously couldn't care less about this break up.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

krampster2 posted:

Just got dumped but I don't care anyway, love is just chemicals in your brain. I swear guys I'm not even bothered by it! Nope nothing lost but some chemicals. Definitely not crying by the way, just got some chemicals in my eye that's all, seriously couldn't care less about this break up.
The person would care because your brain chemicals determine your emotions.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Love is a chemical in your dick and it burns after you pee.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

And when that burn reaches your heart it means its your true love.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

IronClaymore posted:

It's not even real electricity, it's just ion exchange and charge pathways. Chemistry itself is merely electricity if you want to look closely enough. And electricity only works because particles want to achieve the lowest possible energy, and turn that energy to heat, leading to a connection with entropy.

If you follow it though carefully, you end up with only one inescapable conclusion: the only reason love exists at all is because the universe (and you with it) are slowly dying.

I don't know what an ion is tbqh.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

The Dennis System posted:

I don't know what an ion is tbqh.
Uh, mods?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

IronClaymore posted:

Um, that's not really how it works...

• Locked thread