Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
If there's one universal constant throughout the history of humanity it's that farts have always been funny. The ancient Greeks and Egyptians have written fart jokes and surely the generations before them embraced the fart.

When you are with your friends in a private setting do you not all unleash your sphincter in communal merriment whenever the opportunity arises?

So why is it frowned upon in public? In those rare instances when a stranger was unable to hold it in I always chuckle warmly and give them a thumbs up. This should be common practice worldwide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
this thread proves farting in public is still very much a public thing

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
im sayign this thread is a fart

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

uG posted:

Nice.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
i do all the time op

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
I like to fart in public just as I'm leaving a line so the next person has to walk into it.

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

uG posted:

i got it but thanks for explaining it for our lesser-minded goons :)

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

Oberleutnant posted:

i do all the time op

yes, everybody does, but the question is do you do it silent or do you let it shine?

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
I've been eating greasy diner food, had Ethopian last night and drinking all weekend. I've crop dusted half of Atlanta.

Bleh Maestro
Aug 30, 2003
Because it's considered impolite to make a stranger smell your poop gasses.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
I make sure all my farts are as loud as possible to scare off any betas in the area and assert my dominance as an alpha

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Farting loudly is an act of self-expression on the same level as flexing your bicep or batting your eyes, only it uses different muscles. I like to pretend-poo poo some wind whenever I can to engender an environment of jovial camaraderie.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I try to avoid farting for fear of making GBS threads my pants. If i could release gas without this being a possibility Id probably do it all the time; it'd be a good ice breaker in job interviews, parties, dates, etc.

DadWilly
Jul 1, 2003

You guys see that ancient fart comic in the China thread? Goddamn

Open up that rear end and fffffffbbbfbfbfbfbfbfbfbfbbbfbffbftttt

DadWilly fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Nov 18, 2014

Dianetics
Jun 6, 2014
My farts don't stink as much as my friends and its making me feel insecure. All I want to do is cause a gagging stinking cloud emanating from my bowels.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Its rude and gross op hth

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I only fart in public if I'm going up a crowded stairway and there's someone right behind me.

Or if there's a fat guy class at hand because fat guys will always take the blame.

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
I had a nice long silent fart last weekend in line at the movies which ended just as we got our tickets. It was very satisfying, sometimes passive aggressive farting is best. Especially when you don't know which movie people are going into and you don't want retaliation

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Dianetics posted:

My farts don't stink as much as my friends and its making me feel insecure. All I want to do is cause a gagging stinking cloud emanating from my bowels.

eat taco bell

uG posted:

it's a shart

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Jesus Christ posted:

If there's one universal constant throughout the history of humanity it's that farts have always been funny. The ancient Greeks and Egyptians have written fart jokes and surely the generations before them embraced the fart.

When you are with your friends in a private setting do you not all unleash your sphincter in communal merriment whenever the opportunity arises?

So why is it frowned upon in public? In those rare instances when a stranger was unable to hold it in I always chuckle warmly and give them a thumbs up. This should be common practice worldwide.

Because of fart shaming, help end fart shaming please. If you hear or see someone fart then give them acceptance and approval.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
if you actually stop farting for months just by holding it in it actually gets hard to start again
as in for a much longer time than you werent farting youll have to tense your abdomen to squeeze one out which will visually telegraph your fart each time

i dont know if its better to fart or not but if farting is releasing the waste of some annoying fart bacteria in your gut maybe you can kill them by reaching a critical internal fart toxicity level iykwim

also there are certain chemotherapy drugs that will give your farts an unnatural inorganic smell
the worst fart i ever did didnt smell like fart it smelled like toxic chemicals and distinctly metallic -one of those smells you would literally taste afterwards

gary oldmans diary fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Nov 18, 2014

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
DID YOU KNOW JESUS FARTED ON THE CROSS.

NO ONE NOTICED.

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

I loving love ripping loud farts in elevators. Done it a bunch of times and every single time everyone in the elevator cracks up.

Farting in public can be rude, but it can also be funny.

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!
I fart all the time in public. They're silent so you don't know until you walk into my cloud of deadly fart gas.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I travel several times a year with the same guy for work and we always eat a lot which in turn causes me to fart a lot in the evenings. Sometimes its so bad he gets up and opens the door because the hotel windows wont open.

I think its hilarious but he gets pretty mad.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Rambling Robot posted:

DID YOU KNOW JESUS FARTED ON THE CROSS.

NO ONE NOTICED.

He actually sharted

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

Whorelord posted:

He actually sharted
People poo poo themselves when they die so he shat on the cross.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
lol farts

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

Dianetics posted:

protein shakes can help with this. They give you those farts that feel like you're farting a hot liquid, probably the worst smelling farts available.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
its considered very antisocial or a sign that you were raised in a barn or spent a long time in prison

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

The-Mole posted:

its considered very antisocial or a sign that you were raised in a barn or spent a long time in prison
:raise: the barn thing refers to people closing the door behind them

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Sound posted:

protein shakes can help with this. They give you those farts that feel like you're farting a hot liquid, probably the worst smelling farts available.

Do these farts actually spray protein powder?

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Elevators are the best. Leaving a present for the next jerk.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Red posted:

Do these farts actually spray protein powder?

No but you can ignite them with an open flame :smugdog:

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
Hearing someone belch makes me want to throw up but I'm okay if someone farts. Farts are funny. Unless it's a dog fart. Those are obscene.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Hexel posted:

No but you can ignite them with an open flame :smugdog:

Isn't that true of all farts?

Also, here is where I fart the most, feel free to weigh in:

- In malls/stores/shopping - I just do. This means I have to find an empty aisle, and crop-dust it.
- The first 5 minutes of getting in my car after work, a party, etc.
- In bed, when I wake up.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

Millie posted:

I like to fart in public just as I'm leaving a line so the next person has to walk into it.

This is called crop dusting in Texas

Deadbeat Poetry
Mar 6, 2004

Sorry if my costume scared you

texaholic posted:

This is called crop dusting in the south

I crop dust every chance I get, especially to children and the elderly

screamapillar
Mar 3, 2004

kevin: buzz your girlfriend woof
farting in public is actually very advanced

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Red posted:

Isn't that true of all farts?

Also, here is where I fart the most, feel free to weigh in:

- In malls/stores/shopping - I just do. This means I have to find an empty aisle, and crop-dust it.
- The first 5 minutes of getting in my car after work, a party, etc.
- In bed, when I wake up.

I tend to fart a lot in the car. Its almost like my body recognizes small, enclosed, airtight spaces and wants to impress.

• Locked thread