Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Calico Heart posted:

The Toad trophy reads "Why are they called Toads? Some are green, but they're not frog-like or anything. Captain Toad can't even jump! oh, wait... ohhhhhh, now it makes sense".

The "Pipes" trophy ends by going "Down the pipe! You sleep in pipes, dream of pipes. Pipes pipes pipes pipes pipes pipes!"

"Thwomp" is "Have you wondered what it would be like to have your own thwomp? If someone tried to break into your house, it would just go "THWOMP" on their head! Yep, a thwomp would make a great home-security system. Nowhere sells them though. Sad times"

Seriously read some of them, it really made me consider what the job must have been like.

Writer: Alright, so I just need to write descriptions for these trophies, right?

Nintendo: Right.

Writer: Sooooo... You have any particular preference for how these descriptions should be like?

Nintendo: Apeshit crazy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

BexGu posted:

Get ready for who Smash will be played for the next eight years or so:

No items. Eight Foxes Only. A Final Destination
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9fFtnnh2Gc

Disappointing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1pCGa_423o

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Are the trophy descriptions the same in the Japanese and English versions? Surely they cant all be exactly the same... right :stare:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Are the trophy descriptions the same in the Japanese and English versions? Surely they cant all be exactly the same... right :stare:
Well, I mean, they're translations. You can't make something in English *exactly the same* as it was in Japanese. Especially when it comes to something that's making jokes and stuff. If there are as many puns in the JP version as there are in the US version, then those would be literally impossible to translate directly.

That said, the general jokey, kind of wacky tone seems to be the same in both languages, yeah.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Calico Heart posted:

The Toad trophy reads "Why are they called Toads? Some are green, but they're not frog-like or anything. Captain Toad can't even jump! oh, wait... ohhhhhh, now it makes sense".

The "Pipes" trophy ends by going "Down the pipe! You sleep in pipes, dream of pipes. Pipes pipes pipes pipes pipes pipes!"

"Thwomp" is "Have you wondered what it would be like to have your own thwomp? If someone tried to break into your house, it would just go "THWOMP" on their head! Yep, a thwomp would make a great home-security system. Nowhere sells them though. Sad times"

Seriously read some of them, it really made me consider what the job must have been like.

I think we just discovered what gyra_solune does for a living.

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother
Nah, the trophy descriptions are funny.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

he isn't that good

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

sharrrk posted:

he isn't that good

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Less than 12 hours to go...

get hype :getin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3KUZVkco4g&t=18s

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Tender Bender posted:

I think we just discovered what gyra_solune does for a living.

He loving wishes.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I seriously can't wait for this, it's going to be great.

Wish I could take the day off, but I have an exam. Oh well, I should be home early enough to Smash nearly all day and definitely all night. And Pokemon too. Basically lots of good things tomorrow, can't wait.

I'm so glad events and lots of music are back, and items on low, good things!

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Calico Heart posted:

Don't forget the Pokemon Trainer trophy where half of the description was the Pokemon theme song lyrics repurposed with Smash terms.

Trash Boat fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Nov 20, 2014

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Trash Boat posted:

Don't forget the Pokemon Trainer trophy where half of the description was the Pokemon theme song lyrics repurposed with Smash terms.

holy christ I remember that. Honestly there are so many weird ones like that it's worth taking a eek in the vault sometime.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

quote:

Pop quiz! What do Misty, Brock, Cynthia, Iris, and Ash all have in common? That's right—they're all Pokémon Trainers! This Pokémon Master in the making is the same. Back in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, he fought to be the very best—like no one ever was. To smash them was his real test—to launch them was his cause!
Someone at the Treehouse must be having fun.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Someone remind me again real quick where I go to get a ClubNintendo account?

I still need to register my 3DS copy of Super Smash Bros for that sweet soundtrack offer.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
https://www.google.com/#q=club+nintendo

the first result has a giant "sign up here" area in the top right

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei3-Qo9wHH4

Six and a half hours. It's loop time. :getin:

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true

:captainpop:

ShortStack
Jan 16, 2006

tinystax
NNID: huggingrobot

I have to travel for work tomorrow but I'm going to stop by every Best Buy I see on my way home hoping one of them has an extra bundle.

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!
I wanna smash some bros. NNID: WithoutRedoubt

Why are there two battlefields in the eight fox video?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

There is a regular battlefield and a "big battlefield" with like 6 platforms for 8 player matches

what is confusing is that you can still use regular battlefield for 8 player matches anyway

Apt Funk
Nov 2, 2012
NNID: AptFunk

This is gonna be the first time I've actually owned a Smash game, so I'm pretty excited. Totally gonna main Duck Hunt Dog and Little Mac and just relive my childhood.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Whelp, one day until I buy a Wii U.

Guess I better think of a clever NNID.

Lon Lon Rabbit
Mar 27, 2006
Here comes a special boy!
NNID: lonlonrabbit

I would like to smash all up against you with my dog and my duck and my villager and my bowser junior and my rob and my game and watch and my ero suit samus.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
NNID: XadmiralMundane

I hope you're all ready to fight a disturbing amount of Mega Mans and Sonics :getin:

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Can I play online (with a friend) and 2 people on my console?

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
gentlemen, hold on to your butts

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

NNID: mattcruea

I will SMASH YOU and also LOSE TO YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Why does Yoshi wear shoes

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

noirstronaut posted:

Why does Yoshi wear shoes

how many angels can dance on the head of a pin?
how do we make love stay?

questions not even smash can answer

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
NNID: KingofSprings

My Smash Power is maximum (on the 3DS)

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

NNID Fungah, probably pick it up after work tomorrow

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Asnorban posted:

Can I play online (with a friend) and 2 people on my console?

You can play with another person (only one more person, so two players) on your console online, if that's what you're asking.

Also since everyone else is doing it, NNID BlazeDragonEt. Should have the game by tomorrow early enough.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

NNID: ninthlayer

Looking forward to getting my Yoshi on! Also here's hoping Yoshi is actually good this time around.

Bluff Buster
Oct 26, 2011

The Ninth Layer posted:

Also here's hoping Yoshi is actually good this time around.

Uhh ... is " widely considered one of the best characters in the game" good enough for you?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Well, I mean, he does wear shoes.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Bluff Buster posted:

Uhh ... is " widely considered one of the best characters in the game" good enough for you?

Yeah, I think I could live with that. :)

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

noirstronaut posted:

Well, I mean, he does wear shoes.

This is a common mistake, but they are actually shoe-shaped hooves.

DapperDuck
Apr 3, 2008

Fashionable people,
you're out of luck.
The most dapper one here,
is Dapper the Duck.
Hey guys, you should totally add me, then smash me tomorrow! NNID: LBRJuxta

Been adding the lot of ya already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Blackheart posted:

This is a common mistake, but they are actually shoe-shaped hooves.

Yoshi already creeps me out and that made it worse. :(

• Locked thread