Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Just a heads up, don't expect an easy time in day one For Glory this time around, I haven't run into a soft player yet. It's crazy how good some of the people have been so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Duck Hunt Dog can be unlocked simultaneously with Duck Hunt stage via the method mentioned by Maple Leaf earlier: get 1 KO in Cruel Melee.

How does one get into Cruel mode?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Glimm posted:

How does one get into Cruel mode?

Games & More -> Solo -> Stadium -> Multi Man Melee -> Cruel Smash

Also I've played a few hours of single play on the Wii U Pro Controller and it honestly feels fine to me. I can see how people used to the Gamecube controller would have issues with it, though, what with the swapped location of the right stick and buttons. That hasn't been a problem for me, though.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
Is the gamepad a viable controller option? My external HDD is taking up both USB slots so I can't use a gamecube controller

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

g0lbez posted:

Is the gamepad a viable controller option? My external HDD is taking up both USB slots so I can't use a gamecube controller

It's viable in the sense that you can use it, yes.

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother

g0lbez posted:

It has four USB you know

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

Why isn't this thread filled with Amiibo pictures. I'm sof ucking disappointed in you Goons.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Shelf Adventure posted:

It has four USB you know

Oh, I never even opened the front compartment before. Well, problem solved!

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Lordy lordy, the day has arrived!

I didn't think I could do it, but I successfully shielded myself from all information about Smash U. I literally know nothing about this game other than what I remember from Brawl (and that was drunken college years so many of those brain cells are no longer with us).

I guess that's not strictly true. I played Smash 3DS for ten seconds in Target last week before getting dragged away by Wife, but that was enough to give me an erection lasting longer than four hours.

My body, at long last, is ready.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

mdemone posted:

My body, at long last, is Reggie

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I have been enjoying the game with the Pro controller. I set it so the triggers are shield instead of the bumpers, and now it's perfect. Later I learned that even Sakurai himself sorta suggested to do the same, on Miiverse. It's good.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

So psyched to play this tonight. Being a teacher and getting the entire next week off is the best

Any word yet on any unlockable stage builder pieces?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Add me! NNID = Reinanigans

I_Like_Me
Dec 26, 2004
Out for delivery! My NNID = Nerkie

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Might as well throw my NNID onto the pile.

NNID = MagusDraco

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Supercar Gautier posted:

I have been enjoying the game with the Pro controller. I set it so the triggers are shield instead of the bumpers, and now it's perfect. Later I learned that even Sakurai himself sorta suggested to do the same, on Miiverse. It's good.

the control scheme he gave on the miiverse post is the same one i was telling people to switch their 3ds controls to and the same one you gave me poo poo for that one time.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
poo poo's about to go down apparently.

But honestly, what's the verdict? GC controller or Pro controller? I might just get the game and adapter since I have GC controllers around the house.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

poo poo's about to go down apparently.

But honestly, what's the verdict? GC controller or Pro controller? I might just get the game and adapter since I have GC controllers around the house.

Get the adapter, even if you have a pro controller it just means you have more controllers for a big 8 player match.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Golden Goat posted:

Get the adapter, even if you have a pro controller it just means you have more controllers for a big 8 player match.

You're expecting me to have friends. That's sweet.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Golden Goat posted:

Gamepad's the best. Hit the swap screen to gamepad button for easy k.o.s!

e: FWIW I have the pro controller, gamepad, a classic controller for my wiimote and will be getting the GCN adapter shortly. I'll let you know in a few days when its already too late which is the best.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Little Mac posted:

So psyched to play this tonight. Being a teacher and getting the entire next week off is the best

Any word yet on any unlockable stage builder pieces?

There are none.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

has anyone figured out the best way to collect CDs

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Also can you use characters you haven't unlocked yet with the 3ds transfer, like how you can use custom moves? Or does it just not work until you unlock them?

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Amazon changed my release day delivery of the Gamecube controller adapter from today to December 19. There must be some pretty large supply problems on that.

I've only played a few rounds but the Pro controller was fine for me once I put shield / grab on zR / R and grab / shield on zL / L. I was planning on having a smash get together this weekend / next weekend, however, so not having that Gamecube adapter bones me.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Someone out there please spill the beans on the full music and trophy lists/counts. Please

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

http://www.amazon.com/Marth-amiibo-nintendo-wii-u/dp/B00N4ABOXU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1416581291&sr=8-1&keywords=Marth

Marth Amiibo, $33.99.

And so it begins.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
It's only a matter of time until Piss Column Link is a rare collector's item fetching thousands of Dollars

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
I noticed there was a big post about some unlockable characters/music/stages, but none of the music was from Wonderful 101! Anyone have any of them so far?

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
First thing I did was change the menu music to the Melee menu tune. As someone who didn't play the 3DS version, this game is unreal. GOTY

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

TheKingofSprings posted:

Just a heads up, don't expect an easy time in day one For Glory this time around, I haven't run into a soft player yet. It's crazy how good some of the people have been so far.

I thought this too, but that was probably because it was launch night. I played like 8 For Glory games and only managed one win against a Fox. They can't all possibly be that good. I mean. Right?

Right? :ohdear:

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Man, I love Little Mac 95% of the time, but against the Classic mode bosses, he just sucks a big ol' dick and I hate him with a passion usually reserved for Mario Kart races where I'm in first until the last 5 seconds.

gently caress Little Mac's Recovery.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Dammit Sakurai would it have killed you to add a "restart" option for Event matches so you can quickly try again when it's obvious you've failed to meet the reward condition :argh:

Game's still great though.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

My NNID is KotexFitts, add me, I'm REALLY FEELING some Smash today!

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Waiting another week is a real misery and I need to smash

nnid: MechaSeinfeld

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Oh poo poo this came out today?

I should probably go get my copy, huh? :v:

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Smash Tour loving sucks hahaha.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Getting my butt whooped trying to beat All Star mode with Samus :(

I mostly played Classic on 3DS so this one life and no continues thing is very difficult for me.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

RyokoTK posted:

Smash Tour loving sucks hahaha.

Well I mean that was obvious but its a side feature that probably took dev time away from adding more characters songs or stages so nbd right

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I wonder how you spell Tabasco.

Bass Bottles posted:

Getting my butt whooped trying to beat All Star mode with Samus :(

I mostly played Classic on 3DS so this one life and no continues thing is very difficult for me.

All Star Mode is a really good challenge. I don't think I tried it out much on Brawl because I was getting so frustrated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

zolthorg posted:

Well I mean that was obvious but its a side feature that probably took dev time away from adding more characters songs or stages so nbd right

Well there was Smash Run, which was fine and not bad but I figured they'd have something a little more fleshed out for the console version.

Fuckin nope!

• Locked thread