Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

how close at hand is my giant robot/spaceship?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Amaryllis Armitage
Fate Points: 4 / 5

"Because we've got company!", Amaryllis says to Jake, swinging around as she lands on the roof. "In the name of the Dark Pharaoh, and the ancient laws-", her speech starts, only to be rudely cut off by a spider-man pouncing on her as she's knocked to the roof.

Got a 3 on Athletics, but I'll invoke Elegance in Brutality and Violence to spend a Fate Point to raise it to a 5, which will at least keep them from succeeding with style.

"- hey! It's rude to interrupt me in the middle of the speech, y'know!", she says, struggling with the tager. Her eyegaunts whisk over, zeroing in on her with bad wings. "Fine, you wanna play dirty, I can play dirty, too!", she adds, as the eyegaunts lash out with red beams from multiple angles as she tries to zap the tager... not as powerful as her own, but effective enough combined. Mind, it's a little hard for her to concentrate on aiming when a spider is trying to claw her face off...

Fighting is a 3 to try and zap the tager attacking her for damage: 4.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Lutwidge Aspen FP 4/5
Phys OOO
Ment OOOO

"But how would you convert everyone in the city with eggs modified to be less aggressive?" Lutwidge presses, with a bit more ardent force in his voice. "It doesn't make any--"

*CRASH*

"What the--!"

He instinctively draws his coat and the tablecloth around him, as if a thin chemically-treated labcoat with a linen overlayer could protect him from flying glass. Okay Lutwidge, think! Bei and Tai can probably handle them physically...if they can transform in time. Which...might not happen, depending on what kind of tricks these soggy yoggies can pull out of their robes. So next question! What can he do to keep the soggy yoggies from interfering with the Tagers? Uhm...maybe some yelling?

He scuttles under the table, produces his smartphone, flicks on the megaphone amplifier app and the EZ Necronomnon app, and starts screaming in tongues.

"WHAT IN THE NAME OF THE BEYOND FROM BEYOND ARE YOU IDIOTS DOING?!

Objective is to use Provoke to try to draw their attention away from the tagers and towards this mysterious superior-sounding voice. Ready? Go!
[21:53:19] <Davin_Valkri> !r fudge+2
[21:53:20] <Krysmbot> Davin_Valkri, //+++2 = 4
FINALLY! A good roll!

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jan 6, 2015

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

spacecrab
Fate Points: 2/5 | Physical Stress: 1 2 3 4 | Mental Stress: 1 2 3 | Consequences:

"do not panic good citizens of taipei, I am a trained expert on mysterious circumstances. The first thing to do in such a case is evacuate to a safe area, so please follow my instructions carefully." Yells out spacecrab to get everyones attention while pulling out a remote with a single big red button on it and a transmitting doodad on the end. "Do not be alarmed by the incoming rescue equipment." button is pressed.

*FWOOOOOSSSOOOM* *eeeeeeeeeeeeerrrree* *CLANGANGLANGANGLANG*

And with that a smallish spaceship zips into view on thrusters then deploys a series of limbs and lands as a GIANT MECHA with appropriate clanging and crashing noises as it comes down with its crab legs avoiding breakables. Then somehow using the single big red button remove spacecrab directs his shipmecha to grab onto the rollercoaster just ahead of the cars with a manipulator arm and have another lie against the ground, and then it snakes out a long tube of some space plastic material leaving one end up at the coaster then wrapping it around itself several times to reduce speed so the people don't splat on leaving the other end at the ground, it looks like a carnival fun slide, but it is actually a liquid sample/refueling tube system. ooc: in otherwords a hose

spacecrab begins waving his claws again "Alright citizens, please calmly make your way to the escape tube in an ordered manner, women and small children that like to go 'weeeeeeeeee' first."

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Jed Raspers
FP 4/5
Phys OOO
Ment OOO

"Hey, no harm, no foul, right?" Jed smarms it up. "I'm sure we can all be happy with what you all got here." While he's smiling outwardly, inside he's pondering. Ry'leh Family. Connections, both to crime and ...the other stuff. Which, being a zombie detective, he qualifies under both categories. Might be good to have contacts, keep an ear to the street. Jed continues his patter when the muffled sound of explosions pass through the door.

Jed reflexively turns towards the door. "What the gently caress was that?" What happened? Was this the start of a hit on the drug peddlers? Something else, something bigger? They did say the Fang was going after them - do the Fang know he's there? Is this an attack on the Ry'leh Family, or him? Or the city itself?

"You guys expecting company?"

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Arthur

As you dash out of the Miskatonic Inc Building, the information you requested on Shieh Shen comes through. Shen's a little black market prodigy - he cornered the market on stolen military tech and Muvian artifacts about five years ago. He's arrogant and practically a control freak, but it's made him rich. There's a good chance Zhaokuang got his little radio jammer from him.

Your feed is also flooded with panic. Police and Miskatonic operatives are moving in on three locations - a "cultist" attack at a restaurant, Ta'Ge sightings in Xinyi district, and a sudden blackout (and Spacecrab) at a theme park at the other end of the city. Where do you go?

---

Amaryllis and Jake Bass

Unfortunately, the tagers have you Pinned Down, but your laser barrage takes them by surprise! The one pinning you down staggers back, shrieking, as the bolts impact it's carapace. They don't seem to hurt it much, though.

Defend with Agility: 4dF+5 4
A tie, so you get a Boost!

The second Tager rushes forwards, hissing and trying to claw your face off, as insect monsters are wont to do.

Attack with Tooth and Claw: 4dF+4 4

---

Lutwidge

The cultists pause, staring at you. College graduates they are not.

"Uh..."

"You IDIOTS!" Cultist Commander at the back there storms forwards. "You don't STOP CHARGING because he ASKED YOU NICELY! Look, all you do is ARRRGH"

The shout comes as Bei's lizard-like Tager form barrels into him. Meanwhile, another cultist screams as Tai introduces him to a martial art designed to let ten-foot-tall monsters disable other ten-foot-tall monsters. One cultist freezes, but two more run for you, knives drawn!

Attacking Lutwidge!: 4dF+1 -1
Gonna spend a Fate Point to boost it to a +1 at least. Gm fate Points = 5.

---

Spacecrab

The tourists thank you profusely in many languages as, one by one, they slide down the makeshift escape tube and to the ground. You did it, Spacecrab! You saved the day! They'll give you a medal for this.

You can see quite a lot from your giant mecha. All across the city, almost! You can see a few tiny dots struggling on a rooftop in the Xinyi district, and alarms blaring at the Miskatonic building. The Titan's Highway also looks busy - you can see a few military vehicles rumbling into the city. Obviously the authorities aren't keen on whatever's happening here. What do you do?

---

Jed

"No. Was meant to be a quiet night." Innsmouth turns to the spell-weaver. "See anything, Slim?"

Slim peers into the swirling vortex. "poo poo me outta Leng. Fang's going crazy. They're attacking all over the city. Bunch of them in the markets, some getting beat the gently caress up - ow, jeez. He's gonna wake up in A and E."

"Where's she at?" This one sounds urgent.

"I dunno. They cut the power in the park. I don't see her, and normally she lights the place up with her lovely cybergoth crap."

"One of us has gotta go check, then."

There's a pause as all four of them consider going out into Fang-infested territory.

"Miskies will deal with it." This is the other one at the table. He's got a Dreamlander power tattoo on his forehead.

"Sure..." Innsmouth turns to you, eyes narrowed. "Speaking of... Funny you should turn up now. Didn't catch your name, slick?"

What do you do?

The Deleter fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Jan 12, 2015

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.
Jake Bass

Everything had happened in a blur. Suddenly Amy and he were flying through the air, suddenly tagers were rampaging through the crowds, suddenly Amy was pinned down..."Geez, that's what I get for eating right before I fight." In a flash, Jake's headphones were on as he saw the second tager charge Amy. "I don't think, so, buddy!"

He dove forward, aptly dodging the tager's attack, before delivering some lightning blows of his own. "Don't-*smash*-you-*whack*-DARE-*crack*-mess-*thwap*-with-*crunch*-my-*splut*-FRIENDS!"

Athletics: 4dF+5 = 5

Combat: 4dF+5 = 6

Going to invoke Club Kid Kicking rear end for +2 to make it 8

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Arthur Douglas
Fate Points: 4/5 | Physical Stress: 1 2 3 4 | Mental Stress: 1 2 3 | Consequences:

Miskatonic Senior Operative Arthur Douglas - Launching!

Arthur reads the file as he moves. His suit might be big and bulky, but that's what the palm mounted kinetic energy modules are for. His feet planted to the city streets as he effectively blasts himself across roads and launching himself into the air over blockades. Hey, Tanks could reach speeds of 50 miles per hour if you really gunned 'em, no reason why a guy in a tank suit couldn't do the same.

He makes a beeline for the Xinyi district - Ta'Ge attacks in the entertainment district are bad enough news, but he was gonna head that way anyway to check things out. Ugh, what a night to split up, he taps on his radio and punches his ID in.

"Hey! Jeb, Amar, Lutwidge, Jake, Spacecrab! You all alright? poo poo sounds like it's going down everywhere, we've got a good chance of seeing some serious hardcore poo poo tonight! Where's everyone at?"

He shouts into his radio as he power slides around a corner, gritting his teeth. This was getting ridiculous.

Monathin fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jan 7, 2015

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Jed Raspers
FP 4/5
Phys OOO
Ment OOO

Jed was going to spin some bullshit as he was going to split and try to find the others, but then Arthur's voice suddenly blared from the phone in his pocked. Jed was surprised that thing could get that loud.

And there was no way he could spin this poo poo out. Might as well get this over with quick so he could handle the work.

"gently caress it," Jed slouched as he pointed to the Dreamlander. "He said the 'Miskies' would handle it," then pointed to himself. "The Miskies will. Don't get up, you guys are lower on the totem pole compared to the Fang assholes blowing up the city. You said you're trying to find a "she", I'm guessing she's important somehow. I can get her, let me know what she looks like. Be quick, sooner you tell me, sooner I can get out, save your friend and help end the Fang ruining everyone's day. They messed with us already, I want payback."

Jed smiles, a rather honest smile. A smile that says "I am a man who does bad things, and wants to do them to the Fang. Please let me do so, and get out of my way."

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
Lutwidge Aspen FP 4/5
Phys OOO
Ment OOOO

Yes! It worked perfectly! Bought enough time for Bei and Tai to finish the Digital De*** S*** act and go to town!

Except not on all of them. Lutwidge recoils back from the knives aimed at his much too pretty torso. Come on, Miskatonic suggested calisthenics breaks, don't fail me now!

[18:44:29] <Davin_Valkri> !r fudge+2
[18:44:30] <Krysmbot> Davin_Valkri, /-+-+2 = 1 They get a boost.

They very nearly do, as a big chunk of dinner shirt goes flying as one knife hits the buttons. "Gah! That shirt was expensive! You soggy jerks! I'll...I'll...!"

He reaches up to the table top, hoping to grab something big and nasty as a weapon. Maybe a knife or a sharpened skewer! His hand comes to rest around a...

...china teapot? Eh, the tea's still steaming hot. "Order up!" he shouts as he flings the liquid...and then the china...at a soggy face.

Fight's on! [18:53:41] <Davin_Valkri> !r fudge+3
[18:53:42] <Krysmbot> Davin_Valkri, /+/-+3 = 3

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Jake Bass

Defending!: 4dF+5 4 Using a Fate Point to boost it to a 6. GM FP: 4

The Spider Tager you attack doesn't last long under the pressure. Soon, all that's left under your hands is the unconscious, bleeding creature, shortly before it morphs back into a person who had an unfortunate encounter with an automobile. The healing factor will probably keep him alive. Probably.

---

Arthur

As you zoom into the Xinye district, you can see your comrades fighting a pair of Spider Tagers on the rooftops. Er, better make that one. Ouch, Jake. Below, in the streets, people are crowding around, trying to see what's going on and also not panic. However, they suddenly party and flee from what looks like a food stand, where three figures stand over the fallen form of a Mi-Go, kicking the poo poo out of it. Your optics zoom in to get a closer look...

quote:

Sothothian Mutant(Mob of 3)
Fair (+2) Mode: Mutant
Skills:+3 Tooth and Claw, Physique, +2 Provoke
Stress: 1

"Death to the Piper!"

"Crack the lobster open!"

Oh, these guys aren't pleasant at all. Calling Mi-Go lobsters is like calling a human a monkey.

---

Jed

There's a very awkward pause.

"Figures." That's Slim. "You're a loving dumbass, Chuck."

"How was I meant to know?" Innsmouth looks like the earth has cracked open beneath him. "He had cash -"

"You seaweed sucking moron, cash doesn't mean poo poo!"

Whilst Slim and Chuck argue it out, the dreamlander nods at Jed. "Let them argue. An enemy of my enemy is my friend for a brief time. Here." He tosses a photo at you - a gothed up girl wearing a Yug worm around her neck like a scarf, and more neon in her hair than in the sign of a red-light strip club.

"This is Cthylla. The Dread Cthulhu's daughter. She is here, secretly, on vacation, and we were assigned to watch her. We last saw her in the theme park, but the power has gone out. She can handle herself, but with the Fang loose - "

"Hey, Miskie!" This is Slim. He rotates the scrying cricle in the air around him and towards you, leaving a green trail that makes your eyes itch. In the swiring vortex, you can see a tall crab-like mecha, guiding tourists off a rollercoaster via means of a makeshift safety slide. No prizes for guessing who. "That one of yours? What the hell is it?"

---

Lutwidge

Defending!: 4dF -2
Fate Pointing a reroll. GM FP: 3
Defending!: 4dF 0
Yeah fair enough.

The china hits the cultist like a bomb. He cries out briefly, toppling over backwards and taking down the cultist just behind him. They land on the end of a table of food, and the whole thing springs like a loose floorboard, hitting the trailing cultists in the chin and knocking him the gently caress out. Did you just do that? Hell yes you did. You own. Bei and Tai turn and stare at you, not quite believing the Benny Hill poo poo you just pulled.Their poor victims are unconscious, or good actors.

You Succeded with Style! You may spend a shift to gain a Boost, but this means that one of the cultists will remain active - although not for very long. judging by the way things are going.

---

The Deleter fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Jan 12, 2015

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Jed Raspers
FP 4/5
Phys OOO
Ment OOO

Jed smiles as he sees Spacecrab's ship. "He's with me, he'll help find her. Unless you got anything else, I'm off."

Heading outside, Jed starts to run. Might not be as fast as a flying car, but the alleyways lead everywhere - plus as a corpse he doesn't tire. The saying rings true for Jed: The Quick is the Dead.

Jed plans as he runs. Get to the park. Find the girl. Get Spacecrab to help. Probably deal with whatever poo poo is going on at the park. Protect the girl. ...try not to think of her daddy.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

spacecrab
Fate Points: 2/5 | Physical Stress: 1 2 3 4 | Mental Stress: 1 2 3 | Consequences:

After everyone is off the roller coaster spacecrab zips into his spacemecha and brings it to full power, he is going to find out what caused the coaster to crash and maybe see where that girl with the neat wormscarf went off to. spacecrab would like a wormscarf.

The robot climbs all the way to the top of roller coaster balancing delicately on its legs as spacecrab scampers back and forth activating panels and pressing buttons.

Then he hammers down a claw onto a particular panel an a large telescope looking device pops from the center of the carapace and extends over one of the armored viewing ports of the cockpit OOC: mecha spyglass and blasts out a powerful active sensor sweep into the park in particular and city in general looking for any interesting lifeforms or anomalies.

I almost forgot that my mecha gives me a notice bonus so it becomes a +3 Notice total

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Lutwidge Aspen FP 4/5
Phys OOO
Ment OOOO

If that takes them out, I don't need a boost.

"Wait...that actually worked?" Lutwidge stares at the slapstick results of his china bomb. "I mean uh...I'm a scientist! I calculated beforehand that it would work!" He crows it with a facetious but confident tone; the people need the reassurance. "Now imagine what I can do with a cleaver! Mansa et Mensa!" Oh god, that's not Latin at all, Lutwidge! He indicates the monstrous, but rapidly reverting to human, Bei and Tai with an outstretched arm, like a showman. "Thank you, thank you! They're with me! We're happy to have entertained you at tonight's dinner theater, thank you, thank you!"

Without bothering to see the reaction, he draws Bei and Tai closer to him when they untransform. "Okay, external interrogation session over! Let's make sure they're all out for the count, then head out the back!"

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Amaryllis Armitage
Fate Points: 3 / 5

Amaryllis squints as she struggles against the clawed appendages for a moment. "Gettin' tired of you tagers, don't you know who you're dealin' with?", she says, freeing a hand. A flick of her wrist, and she makes a crimson orb of energy. "You got your power from some bug from out've this world, and I got my power from an outer god." With that, she closes her hand into a fist, as the orb reshapes into a lance, or rather, reshapes sharply with the tager right in the way.

"Scarlet Lance!"

Rolling Fighting and only getting a 2. Well. Going to activate an aspect with a a Fate Point using Mahou Shoujo no Nyaruratohotepu to reroll, which improves that to a 4. Adding the boost Too Close to Miss, and that should be a 6 total with Damage:4.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Arthur Douglas
Fate Points: 4/5 | Physical Stress: 1 2 3 4 | Mental Stress: 1 2 3 | Consequences:

Wait a minute- these weren't tagers that were running rampant on the streets.

Occult Sciences! - With a 4, Arthur realizes the big picture, here! Which is-

"This isn't just tagers, gang. I think Yog himself is making a move on Taipei!" Arthur cries into his radio. He bites back a curse. Sothoth pulling something like that is almost certainly the opposite of good, and with any luck, Leiggoth was scrambling the other Miskie field agents as they went, he was just first out of the gate. "We need to secure the city and try to figure out what they're after, as soon as we can. I've had our boss here in Taiwan scramble some other Misk ops in preparation, but who knows how well they're doing-"

Oh, poo poo, that's right, people are running and screaming from said muties. "One sec, gotta clean up the streets a bit." He cuts the radio, bringing his rivet rifle to bear against the group of three. A quick palm against a building, a discharge of kinetic force, and a firm planting of the outside of his heel allows for a a bit of fancy footwork as he fires off at the mutants, half-strafing, half-drifting through the streets as heavy industrial-grade bolts whistle through the air long enough for him to get a witty one-liner in-

"Hey, pick on someone your own weight class, small-fry!"

Physique! Got a 7, which should have a pretty good chance to mow down the group quick and easy-like, especially thanks to Arthur's Custom 'Bolt-Action' Rivet Gun Equipment!

Monathin fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jan 11, 2015

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Jed

You arrive to find the park in some chaos! People are milling around, being escorted out by worried-looking staff, and trying to get back in. Speculation fills the air as to what on earth is going on, and just what on earth is that thing on the rollercoaster? Speaking of which, you can Spacecrab's mecha, dominating the skyline as it peers around the park and city with what looks like a huge telescope. That Spacecrab, man.

You catch a glimpse of a shadowed figure darting through one of the nearby attraction stalls - a "Shoot the Byakhee win a doll" thing. They've not been seen by the park staff, and they're obviously up to no good. You need to find Cythlla, and fast.

---

Spacecrab

Your mecha's super-advanced sensors pick up a lot! They pick up Arthur's awesome flight into the heart of the city. Go, Arthur!

Okay, more useful facts. The sensors tell you that the park's largest attractions on Yuggothian Cold Generators. They're very dependent on the ambient temperature inside, and you can detect that, on some of them, the thermostats have been broken, as if by force. There's a few attractions that have very old fossil fuel generators, which you guess is due to cash troubles, and this lights up sections of the park in crazy kaleidoscope shadows. The city doesn't seem to have taken any major physical damage itself, but the pinging Sothothian lifesigns here and there suggest that this is a delicate state of affairs.

Speaking of life signs, there's a very odd one wandering around the center of the park. Your sensors hum and haw a bit before deciding that it might be Ry'lehian, probably, maybe, can we have a moment? It's the girl, most likely. You can also detect several somethings, human but with severe defects, darting through the park and closing in on the girl. Uh oh!

You can also see Jed in the crowd at the front gates. Hi, Jed!

---

Lutwidge

Bei nods, now shifted back to human form. "Sure. I, uh, I could do with the wine and mood music right now." He grins at his terrible joke.

Tai rolls her eyes and hoists an unconscious cultist on her shoulders. "Come on. This chucklefuck should tell us what they're planning - after we poke him a bit. or a lot. Actually, do you have any jobs going>"

The patrons cheer you in various languages. Man, it's great being an Operative! The Shoggoth from earlier sets about restraining some of the other cultists with bands of black, tarry substance, and you can hear sirens as the law enforcement arrive. Great job.

When you're ready to go, just post yourself turning up at your destination.

---

Amaryllis and Jake Bass

Defend with Athletics: 4dF+5 6

The Tager screeches and writhes, caught on the end of the lance, before falling limp and slowly reverting back to the form of a thin, disheveled girl. You can see an amulet with the symbol of the Order of the Fang dangling from her neck.

You can see Arthur swoop in low, roaring down the street you left...

---

Arthur

Defend with Physique: 4dF+3 3

Your shots take down two of the mutants instantly, their tentacle-mouths oozing black blood. Their forms begin to smoke - clearly not used to the atmosphere, parts of them are now rapidly decaying. Yuck. The crowds cheer at your superhuman skills - They've Got Your Back!

The one remaining mutant hesitates, then grabs the Mi-Go and hauls it up by the neck, hissing.

"You can't save them all, lapdog! This city is the Watcher's! It's only a matter of time!"

One of his tentacles darts forward and buries itself into the Mi-Go's side, eliciting a gurgling shriek of pain from the alien. The crowd gasps in horror.

Attack Taipei with Provoke: 4dF+2 4 Spending a fate point to boost it to 6. GM FP: 2
You can defend with Will to try and rebuff the mutant's threat. However, any unsaved shifts will go to either Taipei's stress or the Collateral Consequences!

---

The Deleter fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jan 12, 2015

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Arthur Douglas
Fate Points: 4/5 -> 3/5 | Physical Stress: 1 2 3 4 | Mental Stress: 1 2 3 | Consequences:

Defend with Will! 4dF+4 = 3, I'll spend a Fate Point to invoke Escaped Sacrifice, and use my free invoke on They've Got Your Back to bring that up to +7! Taipei ain't gonna suffer from a little terror number like this on Arthur's watch.

Arthur wasn't sed to the whole 'heroics' business, much less being in the public eye and having people cheer him while he's working - and with the Mutant pulling a hostage and threatening them, the crowd was rapt, watching with horror. Arthur could feel the eyes on him, waiting to see him make his next move.

Well, trial by fire makes heroes of normal men, so they say.

"Son, I don't think you know who you're dealin' with, here." Arthur pipes up, American Southern Drawl cutting through the streets of Taipei. "I've seen your number a few dozen times. I've seen cults who want to be just like you and your glorious 'Watcher'. I was about this close to becoming sacrifice fodder till I stepped up and told 'em 'y'know, I don't think I'm gonna -be- one of your little hairbrained outer science experiments, thank you kindly.' I stepped up and I took that cult and all its little buddies down, man by man. And y'know what? It felt good, gettin' rid of some of the nastier people in this world."

He brought up his sights on his visor, using his pontificating to give him time to line up a shot, slotting in a particularly heavy rivet into the gun on his side. "And I know the people here watching me square off against your big ugly mug would agree - they ain't gonna take this lying down. Your Watcher wants to take this city, he's gonna have to go through them, and he's gonna have to go through me."

"And let me tell you somethin', friend, I ain't found a sucker like you yet who can punch through this wolverine-mean hide o'mine!"

There, right in the shoulder, should carry him away from his hostage, if nothing else. He snaps up the rivet gun in the blink of an eye, and snap fires that extra-heavy bolt straight at the Mutant.

Let's see how you like smart-talkin' 'gainst a concrete wall.

Create an Advantage with: Combat! Arthur's gonna try and pin him to the wall, and gets a 5, due to having a flat +5, plus a +1 from using his 'Bolt-Action' Rivet Gun!

Monathin fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jan 12, 2015

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Jed Raspers
FP 4/5
Phys OOO
Ment OOO

As Jed arrives, Arthur cuts in via phone to inform them how hosed they were. Yog-Sottoth itself, the Key and Gate making a play on the city. This and the ship fiasco has to be connected, Jed thinks as he shoulders his way through the crowd. And here he is, trying to find the daughter of The Big C before the Fangs get to her. Looking up as SpaceCrab's mecha, Jed smiles. At least he has something they don't.

"SpaceCrab, it's Jed," Jed speaks as he puts an earpiece in and turns off the speakerphone option. Fool him once, learn to keep the speaker off. "Don't have much time, I gotta find a girl. Name's Cthylla, she's got a bunch of neon and a Yug worm on her. Can you spot her with your scope?" Jed spots the one goon skulking about the stalls. "Bad things are after her, we gotta get to her first."

While he's waiting for SpaceCrab to find her, Jed starts to shadow the goon. Odds are he - or perhaps it - are making it's way towards her. Follow the goon, get to the girl - hopefully.

I'm holding off on rolls for now. Current plan is Jed's going to be stealthy and shadow the goon, hoping it'll lead him to Cthylla. Once SpaceCrab gives him the word, stealth goes out the window, he's chargin' to her, and gods help any freak in his way.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Lutwidge Aspen FP 4/5
Phys OOO
Ment OOOO

"Ah, and there's the National Police," Lutwidge says as he makes a show of looking at his smartphone. "A bit late. Alright, Bei, Tai!" He waves. "You guys are technically supposed to be prisoners, so let's get scarce and start regrouping. I think some of my colleagues are at the Night Market...and judging by the news, sounds like they've got company too! So let's go!"

With one last bow to the civilians, he jogs out the back entrance and heads out onto the street level. Bei and Tai follow shortly behind him. He's not really keeping a close eye on them, to be honest...he's more interested in the show taking place in front of him!

"Huh...these guys supposed to be friends of yours?...oh, son of a...!"

Oh my. Tagers and cultists and racist...uh...he can swear he recognizes that particular infection pattern from SOMEWHERE. Solothi...Solothian something...he racks his head. Were they like Tagers or closer to Shubby shrubbery...?

Come on, Lutwidge, tell me how best to take these guys down! Some quirk of biology, some repeating mindset?
[21:53:00] <Davin_Valkri> !r fudge+5
[21:53:01] <Krysmbot> Davin_Valkri, /-/-+5 = 3
[21:53:26] <Davin_Valkri> Invoke my Xenobiology Doctorate-in-Training for a reroll!
[21:53:28] <Davin_Valkri> !r fudge+5
[21:53:29] <Krysmbot> Davin_Valkri, +/-/+5 = 5

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

spacecrab

"Oh hi jed!" replies spacecrab over the comms system. "Do you mean the girl with the nice scarf? Probably her. Anyway I was just about to tell you that a girl with a nice wormscarf was in danger in the center of the park, at least with all the nasty sorta-humans moving to surround her. So her name is cthyllaneon? ok I was gonna ask her where I could get a nice wormscarf anyway we should go help her."

And with that spacecrab directs jed towards the park center, then DRAMATICALLY LAUNCHES HIMSELF OFF AN EXTENDED ARM OF HIS ROBOT TO LAND ON A SOFT AWNING AND BOUNCE TO THE GROUND! and to the rescue as well! Operation Save Ms. Neon Wormscarf is go!

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Jed Raspers
FP 4/5
Phys OOO
Ment OOO

SpaceCrab fills in Jed that yes, the girl is in the center of the park, and yes, she is in trouble. With Jed at Point A, and Cthylla at Point B, the shortest distance was a straight line.

So Jed ran as fast as a reanimated corpse could. What he couldn't jump over or dodge he plowed through. He may falter a bit, but the dead don't stop for nothing.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Amaryllis Armitage
Fate Points: 2 / 5

A yank, and the lance levers the once-tager off of Amaryllis as she stands. "I guess some people make awful choices in life, huh?", she says to Jake, before looking over at the kinetically propelled Arthur. "Wait, what's he doin' here, all dressed up?" With a hop, she springs after, heading along the rooftops as she moves to catch up, tapping her radio as she moves. "Jake an' I got our dinner interrupted by some people that thought they were spiders, and now I'm ren-de-vous-ing with Arthur."

And then, her eyegaunts largely part from her save for one, skimming over the city as she starts to try and get a location on all of her... squad-mates? Close enough description, anyway.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Xinyi District (Arthur, Lutwidge, Amaryllis and Jake Bass)

The mutant howls as the bolts hurl him backwards, dropping the Mi-Go. The bolts thunk into the wall in a spray of yellowish blood, and although the monster screams and writhes, he can't free himself. And the crowd goes absolutely ballistic!

"AR-THUR! AR-THUR! AR-THUR!"

Yeah, they love you, man.

Thankfully for Lutwidge, memories of an old lecture come up and hand him the facts - the "mutants" are suffering from Sothothian Regression, more commonly known as Whatelyism after the "victim" of the first recorded case. Parts of them have literally "devolved" in a Super Mario Bros movie sense, becoming reptilian or even primordial, and although most victims suffer from limb loss or mental disability, rare cases have shown sufferers actually benefit from increased strength, toughness or extra senses. The cause is speculated to be exposure to Yog-Sothoth's unique brand of reality-warping presence, although the specifics are currently not fully understood. And also, if L********'s writings are anything to go by, really creepy.

Amaryllis' eye ghouls pick out the street below, where Arthur has just entered the public consciousness and Lutwidge is dragging those two Tagers around. They see the silhouette of Spacecrab's mecha in the skyline of a nearby theme park, seemingly searching for something nearby, and one manages to pick out Jed's outdated dress sense in the park, along with a series of dark shapes flitting around.

---

Theme Park (Spacecrab, Jed)
Location Aspects: Flimsy Sideshow Stands, Deep Shadows

It doesn't take long before you find the girl. After all, the dark shapes are all headed in one direction.

Jed finds them first. Cthylla - it has to be her, nobody has that much neon in her hair - is surrounded, by people in long robes and deep hoods. She turns around, trying to keep them all in view, but she doesn't look concerned. The Yugg around her neck spits and hisses at the intruders.

"Come along, now," says one of the figures. "Nobody has to get hurt."

The girl laughs, a high, piercing sound you'd expect from a preppy schoolgirl. "Are you serious? Do you have the faintest idea of who I am?"

quote:

Cthylla
Concept Aspect: Daughter of Cthulhu
Omega Aspect: Really Weird Disney Princess

"That's sort of the point," says another figure.

"You wouldn't hurt me." Cthylla states this as if there could be no possibility of anything else. "I'm stronger than all of you put together, anyway. I'd eat you up."

"Are you sure?" One of the figures draws a knife, the edge gleaming a sick purple, and suddenly Cthylla doesn't look so sure of herself. Then, suddenly, the standoff is interrupted as one of Spacecrab's searchlights locks onto the group, causing all present to flinch and stare up at the glaring light.

quote:

Mob of 5 Cultists
Average (+1) Mode - Cultist
Skills: Ritual, Physique
Stress: None.

---

The Deleter fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jan 17, 2015

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Amaryllis Armitage

A hop, and Amaryllis lands near Arthur. She waves to the crowd, and then one of her eyes flutters near Lutwidge as if making a show of seeing him. "We need to meet up with Raspers and Pinchy right away at the park, looks like they've got somebody t'save.", she clarifies. "Looks like Yoggy's tryin' to keep us all busy while he takes care of business. This whole thing is a real mess, but we ain't lost just yet." Turning that direction, she says, "I can see 'em now, let's get moving!", before starting off in that direction in a real hurry.

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Jed Raspers
FP 4/5
Phys OOO
Ment OOO

He sees the girl. He sees the goons. He sees their knives.

With SpaceCrab's mecha shining a seachlight on them, it should be enough distraction to act. They probably wouldn't notice a charging zombie running into them, right?

Physique +3 gives me a total of 6, so yeah, that should knock 'em down like tenpins.

Right...

He sees them fall, some stunned, maybe even unconscious. Good.

"You mess with the girl," Jed bellows so loud the whole park can probably hear it, "you mess with me!" Then he points to the mecha, "and my friend!"

Jed quickly nods to Cthylla. "You okay? I'm here to help," Jed tries to sound as non-threatening as a reanimated man who just finished slamming goons to the ground can.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Lutwidge Aspen FP 4/5
Phys OOO
Ment OOOO

"Uh...ah..." For all of Lutwidge's thinking, some of these Yog-Sothoth variants were still a bit odd to him. The Solothian Regression infectees especially. Yog Soggy was never his favorite anyways--he preferred the strange life of Shub-Niggy from day one! Oh, hey, it's one of Amaryllis' things.

"Hey, Amy!" He waves in the direction of the little black globule thing--so cute! It's like a oversized piece of living tapioca--before watching the master of it skitter off to the north. "Bye Amy! Okay, uh...I should probably work on getting you guys back to HQ. Just for uh, you know...so my boss doesn't scream my head off...can she do that? Literally, I mean..."

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

spacecrab

Screaming "YARRRRRRRR" spacecrab averts his leap from a nearby awning that looked soft to... AN EVEN SOFTER LOOKING MUTANT.

Combat got a neutral result but yaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrr

"don't worry miss Cthyllneon! we are here to save you, also the day and that nice wormscarf!"

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Jed and Spacecrab, Theme Park

Defending with Physique: 4dF+1 0
Spending a Fate Point to reroll. GM FP = 1, Reserve = 8

Defending with Physique: 4dF+1 2
Spending one from my reserve to push it to 4. Gm FP = 1, Reserve = 7

Two cultists are taken down in Jed's rush, slammed aside and sent flying into the stands nearby. The one Spacecrab lands on goes stumbling, but doesn't fall. The others draw back briefly, in the way that mooks everywhere are wont to do.

Cthylla looks grateful, and then puzzled. "Hello! I think I could have taken them, but... you're dead, aren't you? I can see your... lack of pulse. Oh, well, beggars cant be choosers." She turns to Spacecrab, smile back on her face. "Aww, you're adorable! Here, cutie, hold my scarf. I have some plebians to devour."

The protesting Yugg is lowered around Spacecrab's shell. Wormscarf get! Then Cythlla -

Huh, she's her father's daughter alright.

"Get her, you idiots!"

It doesn't take much for the cultists to try again, but this time, being a bloodsucking devil octopus has it's advantages.

Compels! Spacecrab, it's tough being small, but your Foolish Bravery will see you through! Well, actually you'll get into trouble, but only if you accept the Fate Point.

Jed, you're always [b]Being Watched from the Darkness, For Good and Ill[./b] This time it's ill. Take a Fate Point, and something attacks you from the shadows...

(More coming soon, just waiting on one more post...)

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Arthur Douglas
Fate Points: 3/5 | Physical Stress: 1 2 3 4 | Mental Stress: 1 2 3 | Consequences:

Arthur took the moment to sort of enjoy the spotlight, he supposes. He lifts his rivet gun up, pointing straight at the sky with it, to the chants.

And then he was quickly rejoined by Army and Lutwidge, he nodded at their assessment.

"You got that right, and we ain't gonna lose." Looks like that little stunt has cleared Arthur's head a bit, and he's got a bit of confidence under his belt as he cracks his knuckles. She sprints off, and he turns to Lutwidge, thumbing to the pinned mutant.

"If either of you guys wanna haul that fish back to HQ on your way back, feel free. Think he's down for the count." He motions to the Tager Duo. Hey, as far as he was concerned their part of the group. "Lutwidge, we don't quite have time to dig up this guy, but if you wanna do some extra credit research-" There's a wrt bit of humor in his voice. College humor, Arthur's a man of science, too. "Leiggoth gave me this file on Shieh Shen, likely the supplier of that Mi-Go jammer on the ship." he taps on his wearable, forwarding the info to Lutwidge.

"And hey, let boss lady know Yog's goin' nuts on the town. I told her we needed to scramble any other available field ops, but I dunno how seriously she took me, given how quick I bolted out of the room."

With that, he looks towards the direction Army sprinted off in, placing his hands down on the ground, as if to run track.

"Also hey, nice work with that little 'external interrogation session'. I'm gonna have to use that line sometime!"

With a charged kinetic blast, Arthus skids along the ground once more, lagging behind, but following Armitage towards the park.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Arthur and Amaryllis

The heroic tag team duo arrive at the theme park to see a pretty interesting sight! Jed and Spacecrab appear to be locked in combat with a few more cultists... which, looking at the shadows of the park, appears to be a LOT more cultists. In the middle of the melee is a freaky black octopus the size of a man with wings, because of course there is.

Amaryllis hears the piping in her head before the voice. She's heard it before.

"She is not safe." The voice of Nyarlathotep sings through the void. "She is a daughter of the Great Old Ones. Contain her before she harms someone!"

Compel - as a Shining Soldier of Unknown Kadath, Amaryllis will get a Fate point if she lashes out at Cthylla rather than the cultists first.

---

Lutwidge

Arriving at Miskatonic Inc grants you nothing but, at the front doors, a very annoyed Ruby. The front of the building is a semi-circle of random cars, covered in dead and groaning cultists, and the corpse of one thing that looks like someone's flesh tried to imitate bath suds. Two security flunkies flank the Deep woman, looking exhausted. Her gaze could melt steel.

"YOU! Where in Dagon's blue balls have YOU been?" She storms down the steps and kicks a cultist in the ribs. "We got attacked! They had a jammer so I couldn't contact anyone! I had to rip out a man's soul and shove it back in him, and that makes me be sick everywhere afterwards! And YOU RAN OFF WITH OUR PRISONERS FOR A DINNER DATE!"

Man, she's pissed!

---

Jake Bass

Well, where do you go? You could follow your friends, go help them out. But there's more action to be had, and you saw Arthur getting a great reception from the crowd. You just wanna Let the Rhythm Flow, after all. Where do you go?

Take a Fate Point and wander off elsewhere - and straight into trouble...

---

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Jake Bass
Fate Points: 5

I'll take that FP, thanks!

Jake cast his eyes about him. Amy and Arthur could handle themselves. Spacecrab had his mecha, so he was more than fine. Jed was dead, which had an amazing amount of advantages. He still felt there was more work to be done, people to be won over, all that thing.

He took off his headphones and closed his eyes, letting the sounds and beat of the city reverberate through him. He concentrated his powers, trying to detect sounds that were out of place, indicative of something gone wrong...

Sonic Manipulation: 4dF+4 = 3

Dunno if I have to roll for that, but figured I would to save time!

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Amaryllis Armitage

Landing atop a lamppost, Amy frowns. "Yeah, she may be the one gettin' jumped, but it don't exactly seem right to let her just eat those guys-"

"In the name of the Dark Pharaoh, and the ancient laws of the Outer Gods-", she starts, and gets to swing her arm aside, looking at the octopoid monster. "- the stars are not right for your ascent! Prepare to be punished!" She frowns, and brings her arms close for an arcane gesture, before swinging her finger in a circle at Cthylla and the snapping her finger sharply. As her finger moves, red energy flares, and then moves to snap shut on the tentacled beast with the snap.

"BIND THE UNKNOWN!"

She'll be using Occult to try and apply a Troublesome Binding aspect on Cthylla! Got 5 successes to so do, since that's right in line with the warning. Up to you if that's worth the FP!

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Lutwidge Aspen FP 4/5
Phys OOO
Ment OOOO

Digging up dirt on somebody may be a bit far afield from straight xenobiology, but research is research, and it does sound right up Lutwidge's alley. "Just leave it to me, Art!" he declares happily as he tries--and just BARELY succeeds--in dragging the Sothothian over his shoulder. "Aaaaaaargh...this guy is...heavy! Umph!"

-------

Oh hell, my boss is trying to scream my head off! Lutwidge flinches as Ruby starts yelling in his face. "It wasn't a dinner date!" He tries to defend himself. "It was extraordinary rendition! I just didn't leave the country! And we drew off some cultists at the restaurant! And they're willing to talk to me about the cult's plans! And I can help find information on your jammer, aaaaaaaaa!"

Is it Rapport or Deceive to get Ruby off Lutwidge's back? I'll roll Decieve; add one if it's Rapport.
[22:33:47] <Davin_Valkri> !r fudge+2
[22:33:48] <Krysmbot> Davin_Valkri, ///-+2 = 1 Uh oh

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

spacecrab
Fate Points: 23/5 | Physical Stress: 1 2 3 4 | Mental Stress: 1 2 3 | Consequences:

spacecrab sees Cythllneon transform into OCTOTHLLA much less neon but significantly more octopus, Also he now has the wormscarf, HOORAY GIFTS! however he needs to document this happening as it is a rare day human girls give you a wormscarf and then turn into a giant octobat. So spacecrab scrambles up on top of a nearby mutant and beings taking photos.

I'll take that invoke please

"Hold still please, you are ruining my shot while you try to stab ms. Octothlla there... also thats not very nice." *photo sounds*

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Jed Raspers
FP 4/5
Phys OOO
Ment OOO

Before It Happens,

So far, so good. Took some of the goons down (and Jed hears the "YARRRRRRRR" that indicates SpaceCrab has arrived, so he's not alone here), and finally meets the girl. Jed was a bit stunned that Cthylla spots his ...condition, but hearing her say she didn't see a pulse, and that she's the daughter of one of the Biggies, perhaps she's got her own ways of doing things.

Then she gives her wormscarf to the Crab, and turns into...

Well drat.

As more goons start to show up, Jed cracks his knuckles. Let 'em come, he was ready. He wasn't alone, he had his partner and ...the girl octopus. Plus he heard the others coming, the band was getting back together.

Then he felt the strange sensation that perhaps something took his bellowed warning for a challenge.

Something right behind him.

Then-

It Happens.

I'll be taking that Fate Point for the Compel (FP total: 5/5), and let's see what arrived to ruin Jed's night.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Arthur Douglas
Fate Points: 3/5 | Physical Stress: 1 2 3 4 | Mental Stress: 1 2 3 | Consequences:

Braking just short of the misfortune, Arthur certainly noticed things going to poo poo in quite a hurry. There was a ....was that who we were here to save? In the center, a big great squid. Wonderful. And hoooo boy there were a lot of cultists.

Arthur hated Cultists.

And then things started going nuts. Crab was taking shots on top of one of cultists, Amar was... going for the squid? Wasn't Bass following them? And he suddenly lost sight of where Jed was. Goddammit. He'd like just one day without things going haywire.

He hefted his rivet gun up and slotted some more bolts into it. He didn't have near enough coffee and there were far too many cultists for his tastes.

Create an Advantage with - Combat! - Arthur's gonna lay down some Suppressive Riveting as an Aspect!

"What the hell's happening, guys? Pull it together!"

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Jake Bass

Your soundwaves search, search, search…

There’s something coming right at you -

You just manage to dodge away before the air whips in front of you.

The… tager(?) looks at you, growls, and then completely ignores you, leaping over rooftops in single bounds as it heads towards the glowing sign of Miskatonic Taiwan’s headquarters. It seems to defy gravity for a moment with every jump, and it’s clearly up to no good.

This thing is fast and it means business - you need a 7 or more in Athletics to catch it or Combat to slow it down...

---

Lutwidge

Ruby gives you a mean old glare, but it’s clear something else is on her mind.

“Fine. I’ll think of something for YOU to do later.” She points at Tai. “You’re willing to talk?”

“Considering he gave us food and booze? I’m talking to Lutwidge, and Lutwidge only.” Tai folds her arms, dropping the cultist she’s carrying with a thump and a muffled “ow.”

“Really? Well, thankfully for the rest of us, that’s not your decision! We’ll do this our way!” Ruby jabs an angry finger at the two security flunkies, who move to apprehend Tai but are in no rush to do so. Bei looks nervous, and you see his skin shift nervously.

Tai rolls her eyes. “I’ll come quietly, you big babies. Here.” She picks up the cultist again and tosses it to the closest guard, who drops his rifle to catch the body. “Make sure to play Bad Guy Bingo - “we’ll rule the world” is a free space.”

The guards lead you into the lobby of Miskatonic Taiwan. There’s three more flunkies with riot shields and shotguns, crouched behind some upturned furniture and the reception desk in a makeshift barricade. Bullet marks have ruined the otherwise lovely.marble effect. It reminds you of an old movie you may or may not have seen.

“Alright, student.” Ruby follows behind you. “I’ll let you off the hook if you can get anything out of one of these idiots.” She grabs the cultist the guard was carrying, and waves her hand over his face. He’s suddenly awake, and she dumps him on the floor as the guards train their guns on him.

“Go.”

---

Theme Park.

Things go to poo poo.

Cythlla squeals in rage as the binding comes down. “Hey! Unhand me, Piper,” she screeches, tentacles flailing. Meanwhile, the cultist Spacecrab grabs our favourite crustacean and hurls him to the floor - he bounces, but it’s very disorienting! Jed is smashed back into the middle of the group by - oh, good, another Tager. Where do they get these guys, 3d printing?

Spacecrab gets the minor consequence “Dazed”
Jed gets the minor consequence “Twisted Ankle”

quote:

Raging Tager
Good (+3) Mode - Beast
Skills: +5 Tooth and Claw, +4 Provoke, Physique, Notice
Stress: 1 2

Thankfully, Arthur’s Supressive Riveting keeps the cultists away. They fall back from the gathering of zombie, squid and crab in the middle, whilst Arthur and Amaryllis hover above them. The Tager, however, has other ideas - it starts picking up parts of broken sideshow and hurls them at Arthur and Amaryllis, trying to bring them lower down.

Physique Create and Advantage - "Raining Junk": 4dF+4 6

Get lower, or take a hit? Or maybe oppose the Tager with something? Your choice!

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Jake Bass
Fate Points: 5

Jake sprung to the side as the massive...thing crashed where he had been. He only got a momentary glance at it before it was gone again. Huge, winged, rippling muscles...well. He'd been itching for a fight, but...it was already zooming away from him, towards...HQ?! "poo poo! Oh no you don't, big guy!" Jake sprang after it, drawing his headphones to his ears as he tried to match its moves. He had to catch up to it and try to bring it down before it got to headquarters...or things would get bad--well, worse--very quickly.

Athletics: 4dF+5 = 6

Jake focused, his powers intensifying. The air began to warp around him as the sounds of the city and the battles seemed to draw themselves around him, making him lighter than air.

Invoking Sonic Warrior A-Go Go for +2: 8

"Gotcha now!" He smirked. He flicked his wrist, causing the sounds to coalesce into a white blade. His armor already in pieces behind him, Jake flipped in the air, bringing the blade down on the creature, hoping to send it flying to the earth below.

Combat: 4dF+5 = 3

Invoking Beats by Dre for a reroll: 4dF+5 = 6
Ah hell, forgot about my +2, let's try that again

Combat: 4dF+7 = 9

Much better.

Also I'm using my Sonic Katana, so that'll be Weapon: 2.

Spincut fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jan 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Amaryllis Armitage
Fate Points: 3 / 5

"Hey, I may not like these guys, but you ain't exactly childsafe neither.", Amaryllis replies, and then blinks as the tager starts to fling stuff at her. Hopping from lamppost to lamppost, she darts out of the way of each thrown object. "You really think you're going to be takin' me on with some leftover clown junk? Don't you know who the hell I am?!"

Athletics and Inviolate Dramatic Pose make that a 7 to avoid being disadvantaged!

Landing atop the roof of the sideshow itself, she puts her foot on an adorable monkey mascot attached to the show's sign. "Seriously, I've been takin' out tagers like you all week, and it ain't gettin' any fresher." With that, she shoves on the sign, kicking out, and sends the ceramic monkey crashing down towards the furious monster.

That's a Fighting of 6 to drop a monkey on the tager, and maybe I get a monkey-based weapon rating, maybe I don't, not sure how that sort of thing works!

• Locked thread