Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Jed Raspers

It wasn't the cold and wet that bothered Jed. Being what amounted to a grouchy zombie meant most problems of the flesh didn't affect him. However, while he couldn't feel the cold, he could still slip and fall on the wet floor.

Which he did.

Getting back up (and trying to ignore any snickers from the others), he quickly scanned around. Empty ship, no crew, the rest of the team as wet as he was - leave it to the crab to also ignore the cold and do a better time navigating the wet floor than he did.

"Okay," Jed shouted to be heard over the storm. "Let's get inside, dry off, and then head to the bridge. Crab! You see anything?"

pre:
Name: Jed Raspers

Concept Aspect: Undead Wiseguy PI

Good Mode (+3): Intrigue
Athletics +4, Burglary, Contacts,
Deceive, Notice +4 , Stealth

Fair Mode(+2): Reanimated
Combat +3, Physique +3 , Will, Catalyzing the Reagent

Catalyzing the Reagent -
Create Advantage: Use your status between the crossroads of life and death to call do creepy things to aid/hinder your friends/enemies
Overcome: Boost yourself with your natural unnaturalness.

Average Mode (+1): Action
Provoke, Vehicles

Intrigue Aspect: I'll Solve This, Even If It Kills Me (Again)
Reanimated Aspect: Pros and Cons of Unlife 
Action Aspect: Cold Fists and Hot Lead
Omega Aspect: Being Watched from the Darkness, For Good and Ill

Stress:
Physical O O O
Mental O O O

Stunts:
Scary Bastard: +2 to Provoke When you threaten someone
Still a Detective: +2 to Notice when trying to find clues to a case
The Dead Don't Feel Pain (Megastunt): Armor Rating 2; Fearproof but with a Cost
Back From the Grave: When taken out, spend a fate point to clear a consequence and X harm, and re-enter the action
I Know People (and Things) Who Know Things (and People): +2 to Contacts when interacting with cops and crooks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Jed Raspers

With the team starting to make it's way down the deck, Jed follows suit, keeping a watch if anyone has problems - or if problems find them.

Rolling with Athletics +4 and I get 0 on my roll, so 4 total.

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Jed Raspers

Jed finally gets inside the bridge, and tries to dry off while trying to find Arthur. He finds the man, along with one of Amaryllis' eye-thingys, two corpses and one dead...thing.

"Well poo poo," Jed can only say upon seeing the thing. It's official, things are bad. And bound to get worse, with that unknown giant thing down in the holds.

And the kids are apparently still outside.

"I'll get the kids, they need to know about this," Jed doesn't bother to get a smoke before he heads outside and sees Amaryllis yelling at the others to come inside, who were all huddled over the hole. Why weren't they heading inside, where it was dry and warm? The kids were still alive, wouldn't their mothers worry about them getting cold? Why are they over the hole ...oh hell.

"What do you see?" Jed yells as he makes his way over. Please don't tell me they woke up the big monster...

Heading towards the others at the hole on Deck #3, getting ready to get beat up by spider-monsters.

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Jed Raspers

"Arthur found a dead spiky thing - and two dead humans," Jed fills Amaryllis in. "Looks like they killed each other."

Looking over the others near the pit - with apparently one confirmed thing, and another unconfirmed bigger one still about, Jed points at the bridge. "Let's get inside and get all this sorted out!"

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Jed Raspers
FP 5/5
Phys OOO
Ment OOO

Things went to poo poo in relatively quick order. First the thing in the hold webbed Lutwidge, then a new bigger thing exploded out of the bridge and charged at them. Jed quickly figured things out - Lutwidge was laughing, so either he was insane, or had the spider web handled. Or both.

The charging monster, on the other hand, needed to be dealt with. Seeing the SpaceCrab try to lure the beast into a crate, Jed snarled, then roared in defiance at the thing as he started to run at it. This thing wants to get to the kids? Bullshit, it gets me.

Countercharging the Raging Tager, in a Monster vs. Monster Bash! Rolling with Physique +3 and I get 4. Spending a Fate Point (FP 4/5) to tap my Cold Fists and Hot Lead Action Aspect for a +2, bringing my total to 6, beating it's 5.

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Jed Raspers
FP 4/5
Phys OOO
Ment OOO

Jed had the thing's attention - for good and bad. While it was good his blows managed to drive it back and hurt it, now it was trying to crush him with it's bulk. Perhaps, if he wasn't in a strange chemical-induced rage-state, Jed could have thought about using it's bulk against it, and judo-throw it to the ground.

But that was thinking for people who weren't currently undead rage machines. FIGHT BACK, FIGHT KILL

Unfortunately, the whale-monster's size and bulk allowed it to just pick Jed up and slam him down on the dock a few times.

Going to Defend with my Physique +3, and out-muscle the monster. The Result: ONE Ain't no way I can counter that with a +2 Invoke.

So yeah, down goes Frasier.

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Jed Raspers
FP 4/5
Phys OOO
Ment OOO

Jed staggered back to his feet after the beast beat the ever-loving poo poo out of him. He winced as he heard some meaty snaps and crackles as he got up. While his dead flesh didn't really register pain, the the pops and snaps meant quite a few of his bones were broken, and movement was going to be ...interesting until whatever chemicals in his system would let him heal.

Jed scanned the scene, trying to locate the others.

Arthur - not here. Probably still inside.
Dead beast - good. Ha. gently caress you. Jed managed to work up enough bloody phlegm to spit at the downed foe.
Amaryllis - around. Good. One of the team physically accounted for.
Lutwidge - not here. Where is he?
Jake - not here. Where is he?
Spacecrab - almost falling off the boat. Not good!

"Hang on!" Jed yelled as he ran as fast as a broken animated corpse could.

After talking with The Deleter, Jed now has the temporary aspect Bent, Folded, Spindled, but not Mutilated, to represent his broken bones. And currently rolling Athletics +4 to try to save SpaceCrab from going overboard.

The Roll Results: 5

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Jed Raspers
FP 4/5 (5/5 due to compel)
Phys OOO
Ment OOO

When Jed grabbed SpaceCrab, he didn't expect his arm to stretch out a bit due to broken bones not holding muscles in place. What followed was a comedy of errors, as the speed and mass of SpaceCrab drug Jed along for the ride along the deck, then right down the Deck 1 hatch.

At least Jed didn't have to worry about more broken bones. He just had to worry about himself and the Crab stuck in another hold, with gods know what inside.

"Ugh..." Jed grumbled as he attempted to stand. "You okay, Crab?"

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Jed Raspers
FP 5/5
Phys OOO
Ment OOO

The obvious soundtrack

Jed taps his ear when Amaryllis radios in. "We're okay, and we found...something. You and Lutwidge are the experts on weird stuff, think I found some Tager eggs. Ten unhatched, fifteen popped."

When Amaryllis said she was going to check the disturbance, Jed give a quick warning to be careful. "Things get bad, run back and get me, or Arthur's gun."

Jed gets a little closer to the eggs, to check them out. As he figured, worse comes to worse and something popped out, Tagers probably couldn't merge with dead flesh, right?

"Tagers...Cult activity..." Jed starts mumbling to himself, trying to put the pieces together. "Mi-Go tech...What's going on?"

Jed radios the rest of the team. "Give me a sound off, what's going on?"

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Jed Raspers
FP 5/5
Phys OOO
Ment OOO

As Arthur ran down the Rite, Jed started thinking, barely noticing SpaceCrab heading up (and not noticing what the Crab carried - No, tager eggs were probably not okay to eat) the ladder. Okay, twenty-five eggs, twenty-five crew. Convert crew to either Tagers or brutes, then what?

Then the roar. And SpaceCrab's yell.

Jed ran to the ladder, climbing up as fast as a zombie with broken limbs could.

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Jed Raspers
FP 5/5
Phys OOO
Ment OOO

Jed clambers out of the hold to see Amaryllis facing off against a very large Tager. Good news, they found the man responsible for the poo poo that happened on board.

Bad news (other than they found him), he just went and knocked a shipping crate at them

Since his busted up body could not do any flips over it, Jed quickly ran to the nearest crane tower. They were tough, right? Had to be, could handle lifting a big crate, could probably handle a crate slamming into it. Plus, as he saw SpaceCrab do, maybe he could use the crane as a weapon against the superbeast.

Athletics +4 to dodge the crates. The Roll is 4, so spending a Fate Point to invoke Bigass Cranes to give me a total of 6 to pass

WHAM!

The crane tower shuddered as the crate hit it, but stood tall. Jed was almost knocked off as the crane hit, but hung on. Dropping back to the deck, he started to stalk towards the beast, eyes starting to glow a pale green. He was pissed, broken, wet and cranky, and started to figure a way to share his pain with the beast.

Rolling Stealth +3 to sneak up to the boss and create an advantage. Total 2. Spending a Fate Point to tap Dreadful Weather to give a Total of 4. Jed now has the advantage Hidden in the Darkness

Total Fate Points 3/5

Arthur is Next

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Jed Raspers
FP 3/5
Phys OOO
Ment OOO

While it was good that Amaryllis blasted a good chunk of poo poo out of the monster Zhao became, the facts were that Zhao was still a threat, and apparently getting closer to getting free. And whatever exploded belowdecks probably wasn't good news. Jed figured when Zhao got free, he'd charge for the one who hurt him, for Amaryllis. Had to distract him, keep him away from her. And with Jed surrounded by darkness, perhaps he could do something.
?
"So that's what the big nasty monster can do?!" he yells over the storm. "Get your arm blasted off? Ha! Good thing the rest of your cult isn't here to see you fail! And hey - feel that? This boat isn't much for the world - just like you, eh! You ain't poo poo! You're nothing! Just a fool who made a devil's deal, and only now realizes he's got the short end of the stick!"

C'mon, rear end in a top hat, Jed thought. Get pissed, get angry at me, come get me, you sunofabitch...if you can.

Deceive +3 to try to Create an Advantage - I wanna get Zhao so pissed he'll blunder off trying to find me, and give Arthur and Amaryllis time to recover and do cool things.

The Roll: 1 Oh sure Jake, hogging all the great rolls. Spending a Fate Point (total 2/5) to invoke Zhao's Cut Up Bad Minor Consequence for a total of 3.

SpaceCrab! Roll better than me!

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Jed Raspers
FP 2/5
Phys OOO
Ment OOO

Jed limped out of the shadows. Seems after he got thrashed by the one beast, his luck was on the decline - trying to save SpaceCrab got him thrown down a hold (which led to Tager eggs), and trying to mock the Captain Monster led to failure. Well, poo poo can't happen all the time, right? (Asked the zombie to himself.)

"Got a point," he talked to Arthur. "Stuff like this, Miskatonic needs to hold onto. Can't let anyone else blunder into problems."

Looking at the back of Arthur's armor suit, trying to puzzle out what exactly to pull, Jed messages the others. "Jake, Lutwidge, what's going on? Thought I heard an explosion."

It took a while, but with Arthur talking him through it, Jed found the little buttons and levers to press and pull to help reboot the suit.

If I can do it, (don't have the book on me at the moment), will edit this post later to roll something to Create an Advantage for Arthur to help recover from his Fritz'd Out Suit.

EDIT: Got clarification to use Overcome, so rolling Notice +4 to help pull and push the buttons and levers Arthur points out:

Total: 5
I'm helping!

Dedman Walkin fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Dec 8, 2014

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Jed Raspers
FP 2/5
Phys OOO
Ment OOO

Well, that seemed to be that. With Amaryllis putting the mojo on the Captain, and the other two less captives and more "Lutwidge's Groupies", there wasn't much for Jed to do on deck, so he headed to the galley. Straight to the freezer to get a chunk of meat. Didn't care what kind, didn't care how it was cut, Jed's undead body could heal itself, but it needed meat to do so.

Putting the slab of meat on the stove, Jed reached into his coat pocket for a still soggy little bundle of plastic and paper, and poked through a wet mess of paper and tobacco, trying to find something salvageable. Poking at the pile with his fingers, Jed finds a small bit of dryish ragweed, and after it and some paper warmed up, Jed rolled himself up a makeshift smoke. With the meat close to gnawable, Jed took a few bites, then lit up his smoke and puffed up.

For a dead man, pleasures were few. One was a bellyful of meat. Another was hot smoke in the lungs, helped warm you up, helped you forget you were a hosed up zombie, made it easy to pretend you were normal - alive, even.

Jed held the smoke as he gnawed, and felt his bones start to knit back together. Sometimes, life was good.

Rolling Catalyze to start healing. Result is 3, so Jed can get rid of his broken bones, he is on On The Mend.

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Jed Raspers
FP 5/5
Phys OOO
Ment OOO

Music for Jed's Thoughts

A pocket full of cash, and a night out on the town? What is a boy to do?

poo poo, he'd have more options than me. Food I can't taste, booze I can't get drunk on, smokes I can't buzz on, don't bother with drugs. Or women.

So I walk. Thought I'd see how the others are doing, but no. Tonight is their night, last thing they need is a corpse weighing them down. Arthur would probably tinker and build a robot, SpaceCrab probably got his own thing, and the kids...I'm too old to hang with them. They got their nightlife, guess I got mine.

They say there's a thousand stories in the naked city. Maybe some of those stories might be interesting to me. Maybe some of those stories have answers to some long-running questions I got.

So I walk. Out of the light, with it's tourists and clubs and neon. Full of it's fun and delights for the living.

Into the dark. Into the secrets and shadows.

My kinda town.

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Jed Raspers
FP 5/5
Phys OOO
Ment OOO

Well, well. A doorway, new yet familiar at the same time. Could be anything from a long-running mob game (wait, it's Taiwan - probably Yakuza or Tong), some makeshift "flash club" serving temporary delights and such, to unknown things lurking in the darkness inside, like bugs under a rock, hiding until someone lifts the rock away.

Gotta find out, one way or another. Way I am now, curiosity is my drug of choice. Besides, might be something I can do about what's behind the door. Maybe someone needs help. Maybe someone needs killing.

Worse comes to worse, I could get in a hand or two of poker.

knock knock

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Jed Raspers
FP 5/5
Phys OOO
Ment OOO

Jed doesn't give the mook time to catch his breath before he starts some quick patter. "Of course I'm not Al, I'm not a fuckup like he is." Mental Note: Figure out who 'Al' is and what a 'Lentz' is, Jed thinks as he quickly continues to act like the confident rear end in a top hat he isn't, and keeping the talk quick so the other guy doesn't have time to think things out.

"Me? Name's Cash, and funny thing, that's what I bring to the party. You sound like the man with the plan and the goods, well I'm the man with the interest."

"Oh by the way, the password?" Jed smiled another fake smile, then pulls out a wad from his Miskatonic pay.

"Cash."

Rolling Deceive +3, Rolled horseshit again with a 1 and spending a Fate Point to tap Fat Stack of Cash to help bribe my way in. Total 3.

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Jed Raspers
FP 5/5
Phys OOO
Ment OOO

So far, looks like Jed blundered into a drug den. Then again, how often it it what you see is really what you get? Plus there's the Magic Man off in the corner. Nice suits, shabby shoes, no hats...why's that familiar? Questions and more questions. Are drugs the only thing they're peddlin', or is there something else?

"Sounds like some lovely party favors you all got here," Jed continues the fake charm. "That all you got, or you got other...fun and games around?"

Jed's going for a two-fer, using Notice to try to figure out what sort of mojo Magic Man is doing, and Contacts to try to recall information about the sellers.

Notice = 3 and Contacts = 4. Spending a Fate Point (4/5) to tap I'll Solve This, Even If It Kills Me (Again) to add +2 so Notice winds up as 5.

Dedman Walkin fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Dec 31, 2014

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Jed Raspers
FP 4/5
Phys OOO
Ment OOO

"Hey, no harm, no foul, right?" Jed smarms it up. "I'm sure we can all be happy with what you all got here." While he's smiling outwardly, inside he's pondering. Ry'leh Family. Connections, both to crime and ...the other stuff. Which, being a zombie detective, he qualifies under both categories. Might be good to have contacts, keep an ear to the street. Jed continues his patter when the muffled sound of explosions pass through the door.

Jed reflexively turns towards the door. "What the gently caress was that?" What happened? Was this the start of a hit on the drug peddlers? Something else, something bigger? They did say the Fang was going after them - do the Fang know he's there? Is this an attack on the Ry'leh Family, or him? Or the city itself?

"You guys expecting company?"

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Jed Raspers
FP 4/5
Phys OOO
Ment OOO

Jed was going to spin some bullshit as he was going to split and try to find the others, but then Arthur's voice suddenly blared from the phone in his pocked. Jed was surprised that thing could get that loud.

And there was no way he could spin this poo poo out. Might as well get this over with quick so he could handle the work.

"gently caress it," Jed slouched as he pointed to the Dreamlander. "He said the 'Miskies' would handle it," then pointed to himself. "The Miskies will. Don't get up, you guys are lower on the totem pole compared to the Fang assholes blowing up the city. You said you're trying to find a "she", I'm guessing she's important somehow. I can get her, let me know what she looks like. Be quick, sooner you tell me, sooner I can get out, save your friend and help end the Fang ruining everyone's day. They messed with us already, I want payback."

Jed smiles, a rather honest smile. A smile that says "I am a man who does bad things, and wants to do them to the Fang. Please let me do so, and get out of my way."

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Jed Raspers
FP 4/5
Phys OOO
Ment OOO

Jed smiles as he sees Spacecrab's ship. "He's with me, he'll help find her. Unless you got anything else, I'm off."

Heading outside, Jed starts to run. Might not be as fast as a flying car, but the alleyways lead everywhere - plus as a corpse he doesn't tire. The saying rings true for Jed: The Quick is the Dead.

Jed plans as he runs. Get to the park. Find the girl. Get Spacecrab to help. Probably deal with whatever poo poo is going on at the park. Protect the girl. ...try not to think of her daddy.

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Jed Raspers
FP 4/5
Phys OOO
Ment OOO

As Jed arrives, Arthur cuts in via phone to inform them how hosed they were. Yog-Sottoth itself, the Key and Gate making a play on the city. This and the ship fiasco has to be connected, Jed thinks as he shoulders his way through the crowd. And here he is, trying to find the daughter of The Big C before the Fangs get to her. Looking up as SpaceCrab's mecha, Jed smiles. At least he has something they don't.

"SpaceCrab, it's Jed," Jed speaks as he puts an earpiece in and turns off the speakerphone option. Fool him once, learn to keep the speaker off. "Don't have much time, I gotta find a girl. Name's Cthylla, she's got a bunch of neon and a Yug worm on her. Can you spot her with your scope?" Jed spots the one goon skulking about the stalls. "Bad things are after her, we gotta get to her first."

While he's waiting for SpaceCrab to find her, Jed starts to shadow the goon. Odds are he - or perhaps it - are making it's way towards her. Follow the goon, get to the girl - hopefully.

I'm holding off on rolls for now. Current plan is Jed's going to be stealthy and shadow the goon, hoping it'll lead him to Cthylla. Once SpaceCrab gives him the word, stealth goes out the window, he's chargin' to her, and gods help any freak in his way.

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Jed Raspers
FP 4/5
Phys OOO
Ment OOO

SpaceCrab fills in Jed that yes, the girl is in the center of the park, and yes, she is in trouble. With Jed at Point A, and Cthylla at Point B, the shortest distance was a straight line.

So Jed ran as fast as a reanimated corpse could. What he couldn't jump over or dodge he plowed through. He may falter a bit, but the dead don't stop for nothing.

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Jed Raspers
FP 4/5
Phys OOO
Ment OOO

He sees the girl. He sees the goons. He sees their knives.

With SpaceCrab's mecha shining a seachlight on them, it should be enough distraction to act. They probably wouldn't notice a charging zombie running into them, right?

Physique +3 gives me a total of 6, so yeah, that should knock 'em down like tenpins.

Right...

He sees them fall, some stunned, maybe even unconscious. Good.

"You mess with the girl," Jed bellows so loud the whole park can probably hear it, "you mess with me!" Then he points to the mecha, "and my friend!"

Jed quickly nods to Cthylla. "You okay? I'm here to help," Jed tries to sound as non-threatening as a reanimated man who just finished slamming goons to the ground can.

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Jed Raspers
FP 4/5
Phys OOO
Ment OOO

Before It Happens,

So far, so good. Took some of the goons down (and Jed hears the "YARRRRRRRR" that indicates SpaceCrab has arrived, so he's not alone here), and finally meets the girl. Jed was a bit stunned that Cthylla spots his ...condition, but hearing her say she didn't see a pulse, and that she's the daughter of one of the Biggies, perhaps she's got her own ways of doing things.

Then she gives her wormscarf to the Crab, and turns into...

Well drat.

As more goons start to show up, Jed cracks his knuckles. Let 'em come, he was ready. He wasn't alone, he had his partner and ...the girl octopus. Plus he heard the others coming, the band was getting back together.

Then he felt the strange sensation that perhaps something took his bellowed warning for a challenge.

Something right behind him.

Then-

It Happens.

I'll be taking that Fate Point for the Compel (FP total: 5/5), and let's see what arrived to ruin Jed's night.

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Jed Raspers
FP 5/5
Phys OOO
Ment OOO
Minor Consequence: Twisted Ankle

Jed staggers back to his feet after getting dogpiled by cultists after that thing grabbed him. Too grouchy to yell at the cowards, Jed gets confused when he sees the thing that Cthylla became stuck in one of Amaryllis' seals. When she asks to be let go, and mentions 'Daddy', Jed realizes having the daughter of The Big C feeling bad might end up being bad for everybody.

"Yeah, let her go," Jed hobbles over to the others (and grumbling more with his messed up left foot). "She helped us out, we don't need to bind her. Besides, her family is ...worried for her."

"You okay kid?" He asks Cthylla. "Your..." Jed tries to think of words more flattering than 'henchmen' or 'hired goons', "...bodyguard detachment couldn't make it, it's why I'm here."

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Jed Raspers
FP 5/5
Phys OOO
Ment OOO
Minor Consequence: Twisted Ankle

"Okay," Jed starts in when Cythilla changes back, "Problems dealt with. Here." Something was bothering Jed's brain. "I'm guessing these clowns were around the city as well, right?" He turned to ask Amy and Arthur. "So, first the ship, now this. Was it to get her," Jed nods towards Cythilla, "or something else?" Jed starts pacing (or rather, limping) around, thinking, pausing to kick the downed Tager to try to knock his foot back into it's socket. "Fang vs. Rollies - is this a citywide hit, to try to get rid of the competition, or something else - Fang's hitting too broad for just a gang hit."

Pulling out his phone, Jed calls in for Lutwidge. The scientist might have more info, could shine light someone like him would miss out on.

EDIT: Thanks to IRC Chat communications, Jed can now get rid of his Minor Consequence. Kicking downed monsters is helpful!

Dedman Walkin fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jan 26, 2015

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Jed Raspers
FP 5/5
Phys OOO
Ment OOO

Jed's jaw drops when Lutwidge fills him in on what was going on. City takeover was one thing, but summing up the Yog itself? That's a whole other level of bad.

"Yeah, some stuff happened here and elsewhere," Jed continues. "I'll be honest with you, even with the work we all did tonight, I don't think the Fangs are done trying tonight. Everyone else is here except for Jake, I'll call him in a bit. Find out when and where the Fangs were going to do their ritual -" Jed almost whispers the next bit into the phone - "and see if the ritual needed blood or a sacrifice of an..." Jed struggled to think of words to describe Cythilla without outright calling her 'the daughter of Cthluhu' - figures she deserves her personal privacy for the moment - "otherdimensional being".

Jed cuts the connection and turns to the others. "Lutwidge says the Fangs were planning to summon up Mister Gate and Key itself in the city." Pointing to Cythilla, he continues "That might be why they try to get you, I don't know for sure, I asked one of our brains to check in." Turning to Amaryllis and Arthur, he asks "You two are the experts on otherdimensional entities and cult rituals, would using one in a ritual-" he doesn't mention sacrifice, don't want to scare Cythilla at the moment -"work to summon up one of the Big Ones?"

"And anyone know where Jake went off to?" He asks before dialing his phone. "Better get ready to book it, I don't think our night's done yet."

Dedman Walkin fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jan 27, 2015

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Jed Raspers
FP 5/5
Phys OOO
Ment OOO

Couple days off, and now a new case on the pile, in addition to the ongoing "how do we stop the Gate and Key from popping in Taiwan?" one. Jed looked over the Sheih Shen profile as he and Jake Bass walked into the garage. For some reason, Jed felt ...unease with the kid. Didn't really know why. Perhaps it was remembering back on the boat how a beast that beat the poo poo out of him, while Bass destroyed another in a rainbow of pain. Perhaps the kid was still young, full of color and life, while Jed was...old and dead.

Nah, whatever ill feelings you got, they're irrational. Push 'em back Jed, you're on the clock and on a job. Be the professional.

And pick a drat car.

"Nope, ...nope...nope" Jed idly talks to himself as he scans the large array of vehicles arranged.

"Too small...too flimsy...too bright...too - ugh."

Then he stops, and if anyone had a camera, they could take a very rare picture of Jed Raspers smiling out of actual happiness.

"Perfect"

So with the two milestones Jed's got, it's time to change his Reanimated Aspect to Unnatural Nature.

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Jed Raspers
FP 5/5
Phys OOO
Ment OOO

As people (and videocamers) turned his way and screams for Jake Bass started up, Jed reflexively wanted to hide in his trenchcoat. Part of him wanted his anonymity and it's hard to blend in the crowd if you're face is splattered on screen, part was scared because once again he was the old man in a room full of youngsters. Hoo boy.

Hopefully the kids would fawn over Jake and leave him alone to vanish. Okay, get to the party, find Sheih Shen, extract him, and extract the info. Should be easy, right?

As the screams for Jake go on, Jed slinks away and starts to roam the hallways. Ritzy hotels like this got staff who work here, do their jobs, blend in. People with info who most others ignore. Time to ask around, try to make friends.

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Jed Raspers
FP 5/5
Phys OOO
Ment OOO

Jed slinks into the crowd, on the lookout for Shen. Spotting the Muvian War Golem, Jed figured Shen had to be close by - he'd be nearby to brag and show it off. So where would a show-off braggart be?

Time to roll Notice +4 to try to spot Shen in the crowd. Total = 8 ...that should do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Jed Raspers
FP 5/5
Phys OOO
Ment OOO

And there he is, Jed spots their target. With Sheh bullshitting with others, it should be easy to sneak up to him. With guards and security about, Jed quickly works a plan - ply the bullshit to get Sheh to think he's a potential customer, ask if he's like a private demonstration to get him away from the crowd, then grab him by the neck and shake until information comes out.

Jed quietly saunters over closer to Sheh, listening to his talk - and wondering about that silver thing on his wrist...

Will name my boost later, probably something private-eye-like like I See Everything or something.

• Locked thread