Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Amaryllis Armitage, Pawn of Nyarlathotep *Magical Girl*!

Touching down on the deck with bare feet, Amaryllis tugs her veil around with one hand to help protect herself from the rain. "So, this is some real nasty weather to be havin' a mission in. Don't suppose we can wait for things to clear up, though, huh?" Taking her free hand, shadows peel around her in a spiral, swirling into three shadowy orbs. Then, the orbs open up to peer about as single eyes, taking up black, silent wings to start arcing over the surface of the ship. "Let's have a look-see."

The creatures are a little hindered by the winds, but they travel on airs not of this Earth. Their sight is her sight, letting her start looking into the route ahead.

Rolling her absolute Notice, with a total of +5.

pre:
Amaryllis Armitage, Pawn of Nyarlathotep *Magical Girl*!

Aspects & Modes
  • Concept: Mahou Shoujo no Nyaruratohotepu
  • Magical Girl (+3): Shining Soldier of Unknown Kadath
  • Banter (+2): Typical Bostonian Subtlety
  • Action (+1): Elegance in Brutality and Violence
  • Omega: Inheritor of the Armitage Legacy
Magical Girl
  • Skills (9 points): Athletics, Combat, Notice, Occult, Rapport, Will
Skills: Athletics +4, Combat +4, Contacts +2, Deceive +3, Empathy +2, Notice +4, Occult +5, Physique +1, Provoke +1, Rapport +4, Vehicles +1, Will +4 Occult
  • Overcome: Analyze and understand extraterrestrial beings and forces.
  • Overcome: Contact and communicate with extraterrestrial beings and deities.
  • Create Advantage: Summon, bind, and control servants from extraterrestrial races.
  • Defend: Create wards to shield oneself from esoteric and magiscientific forces.
Stunts:
  • Representative of Nyarlathotep: When interacting with the Old Ones or the Outer Gods, or their representatives or worshipers, they may not attack you unless they have a Good (+3) Will or higher, or you attack them first. Even if their Will equals or exceeds this value, their first attack is considered to be a miss.
  • Sightgaunts: Absolutely more aware than any human (Notice). By spending a fate point, you can use Notice in a scene or location where you are not currently present. However, those with a Good (+3) or better Notice are aware of the Sightgaunts, and can target them with an attack. A successful Good (+3) attack against a Sightgaunt negates this ability for a scene and inflicts 1 shift of mental stress against you.
  • Three-Lobed Burning Eye: Weapon: 4 when in your magical girl form, or Weapon: 6 at a cost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Amaryllis Armitage

Jogging up towards Aspen, Amaryllis says, "Hey, be careful around there! You haven't even got on a fancy suit on or nothin', you oughta be more careful!" She squints after him. "And what's Arty rushin' on up for? Shouldn't we come up with some kind of plan first, like going up to the bridge and tryin' to find out what happened?" A pause. "Whatever you're lookin' for will be there when we get back, there ain't nowhere for it to go, you know."

She frowns faintly, looking up at the bridge. "C'mon, we're supposed to be professionals! We can't go all runnin' off for no reason at all.", she says, and slowly starts in the direction of the bridge tower, looking back to the others to see if they're following.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Amaryllis Armitage

Pulling out a communicator, Amaryllis pauses, giving a call over to Arthur. "Hey, I can hear you just fine, but this ain't a marathon, you need help, you stay safe until somebody can haul their butt over to give you a hand." On the other hand, she's not thrilled with the others huddled over a hole. "Seriously, what is everybody draggin' their heels for-", Amaryllis says aloud, looking over to the group. As Jed makes his way over. "- I dunno, it's like they've never seen a extraterrestrial before.", she replies, before following after Jed. "Well, except our little pinchy."

To Lutwidge, though, she asks, "Is it a talky sort of spider? Maybe it has some idea of what's going on here?" Jogging back over, she comes up back to the main group, hunching a little under the cold rain. "Might want to ask before pinchy down there gets any ideas."

Well, in a world where the mi-go are on talk shows, you don't judge based on looks.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Amaryllis Armitage

As the creature rushes her, Amaryllis leaps away, but pauses as Jed jumps into the way. Looking over its rampage, she declares with a sweep of her arm, "In the name of the Dark Pharaoh, and the ancient laws of-" The squints as the creature gets leaped on by a dangerous rainbow and an angry crab, relaxing her pose. "- on second thought, I'm feelin' kinda sorry for the big guy."

Going to create a new stunt: Inviolate Dramatic Pose: +2 to Athletics when you have not performed an attack during this scene.

Which gives her a 7 on Athletics for Defense!

With another bound, she launches herself towards the hatch, and as she does so, the red eye on her veil starts to glow. "Hey, you! Get your sticky hands offa him!" Reaching up, she gathers crimson power from the eye, and then turns about in a bang, launching the energy from her hand in a discordant blast of sparkling red energy from a fingergun. "Bang!"

Rolling to make an attack against the unfriendly neighborhood Spider Tager, with a 3, but I'll spend a Fate Point to invoke Elegance in Brutality and Violence to increase it to a 5. Her weapon is rated at 4 from Three-Lobed Burning Eye.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Amaryllis Armitage

Amaryllis blinks as the door's shut on her, but is more struck by the trouble with the collapsing tager and an airborne crab. She springs after, quicking springing across the containers as she follows after Jed. Of course, this means they're split into three groups - but Jake looks like he can take care of himself after that recent show of power. The crab, on the other hand.

"Hey, hang on there, pinchy, literally!"

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Amaryllis Armitage
Fate Points: 4 / 5 | Mental Stress: 1 / 4

"Hey, are you okay-", Amy starts at the edge overlooking hold #1, looking at the fallen crab and corpse, before then wincing as she looks away with an "Aaa!", towards the bridge. Without waiting to double-check on the duo, she taps her radio, "Somethin's comin' down from the bridge- I'm gonna check it out. You guys alright down there?" With that, she starts to dash across the deck containers, looking to head straight for the main tower.

It may not be the smart move, but if trouble's brewing, nobody else is in position to find out. Plus, you know, teenagers are invincible, right? Doubly so when they're magic.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Amaryllis Armitage

Leaping back and away from the tentacles, Amaryllis bounds back several times to the crane as she squints, peering down at ex-captain. "So you're the traitor? In the name of the Dark Pharaoh, and the ancient laws of the Outer Gods-" She snaps her arm to the side, her veil fluttering wide. "- the stars are not right for your ascent! Prepare to be punished!" She frowns, pointing a finger down the tager's direction. Being the first on the scene, she gets to be a bit dramatic!

One might wonder how she can declare the laws of the Outer Gods against one who calls upon them? Well, the Dark Pharaoh both serves and detests the Outer Gods, but moreover, the laws really don't make any sense are beyond human understanding!

Let's declare her final stunt- In the Name of: When she tries to Create an Advantage by making a speech or declaration, she can use Will in place of Provoke.

So she's trying to Create an Advantage using Will: A Stunning Entrance! Her roll will be +0, for a total of 4.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Amaryllis Armitage

"Pawn? I'm no pawn, y'know, I'm at least a bishop-", she starts, before being rudely interrupted by the impact. As the deck rocks, Amaryllis has a foot swing off the crane's scaffolding, only to grab ahold of a beam and swing around dramatically!

Athletics defense is a 6!

After circling the beam, she lets go, launching herself through the air towards him. Gathering energy in her hands, her surviving eyes start to circle around her, and she says, "By the light of the shinin' trapz- aw, pow!" With that, her palms and floating eyes fire a barrage of energy beams, the recoil actually halting her fall towards the ground in a display of force, lighting up the deck with her glow and a series of bright detonations.

Combat attack is a 4, and I'll spend the boost as More Than He Expected!, bringing it to a total of 6.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Amaryllis Armitage

I'll take that consequence, and call for Lutwidge to go next.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Amaryllis Armitage
Fate Points: 5 / 5 | Mental Stress: 1 / 4 | Consequences: Bruised Ribs (minor)

Rewind a moment to where Amaryllis does in for one close-range shot- only to be clotheslined by the tager.

Getting up a few moments later, she squints. "Isn't up to us to figure you out, squiddy.", she mumbles with a wince. Her eyes dart back over towards her. "I guess I'll keep on bein' a pawn or a knight or whatever, since you don't have anythin' t'say about it.", she jibes in his direction, reaching up to scratch at the dark underside of one of the eyes. Reaching to her radio, she says, "We gonna have a look-see around first? Not sure if you guys with more degrees than I got wanna look." She winces sharply as she stops in her walk, and takes a deep breath, trying to avoid letting on just how sharply she's hurt.

Trying to needle the captain into jibing back with something interesting, but a Provoke of -1 isn't quite worth blowing a Fate Point to try and improve.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Amaryllis Armitage
Fate Points: 5 / 5 | Mental Stress: 1 / 4 | Consequences: Bruised Ribs (minor)

"Well, sure as heck isn't gonna be you that kills me, Cap'n Creepy.", Amaryllis Armitage steps back. With an imperious sweep of her hand, she speaks loudly, her voice more certain and with her accent dampened.

"The cold gate falls shut-"
"The stark light is shadowed-"
"The guardian emerges from the gulfs-"

"BIND THE UNKNOWN!"

With that, there's a red flare and a strange-angled shape with a glowing red circle around the captain. An Elder Sign? Perhaps, but whatever her magic, it closes on him for a moment, folding to his skin. A binding spell, like those used to hold creatures from beyond this world, primitive, learned before the days of occult science. It won't bind the captain's human side, but hopefully should make it more difficult for him to take on his tager form.

Dusting off her hands, she looks over her shoulder to Lutwidge. "Hey, you're sure we can trust these two? They were involved in causin' this whole mess, y'know."

Rolled a 6 to do the binding, which I'll upgrade to an 8 through invoking Mahou Shoujo no Nyaruratohotepu and spending a Fate Point.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Amaryllis Armitage
Fate Points: 5 / 5

Taking some time to rest, Amaryllis takes a high, dramatic spot atop one of the cranes on the way back. She should probably let Lutwidge have a look-

- cue exaggerated image of a wicked, fanged Lutwidge holding up a scalpel and cackling madly-

- shutting her eyes tightly, she just shakes her head. She's a magical soldier. She can tough this out.

A recovery check using physique will get a +2, which is just enough to clear most of her aches and pains by the time they're on shore.

After being debriefed and getting some valuable shuteye + painkillers, Amy's out and about, refreshing herself on local files regarding tager technology. She's more used to dealing with invasive species than engineered parasites, after all, but it seems like the principles are similar enough. Still, her annoyance with having to work out language like "cephalopod-analogous collocyte-bearing elongated invertebrate limb" instead of "sticky tentacles" is profound. Why can't scientists write anything normally?

Still, she's also got a mind for a break, and that's why looks Jake up, swinging around a corner to peek over. "Hey, you wanna get some beef rolls or dhole butters or somethin'?", she asks. The former's local, the second'd be Lengese cuisine. "I'm gettin' bored here already and some of the coats are lookin' at my sightgaunts funny."

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Amaryllis Armitage

"Most people who know me just call me Amy.", Amaryllis says before they head out.

Looking over to the stalls, Amaryllis ohs. "That sounds good! I'll take-", she pauses, walking up in front the Mi-Go. "- wait, you know my name? I'm pretty sure we haven't met before." Ugh. While it would be an exaggeration to say they look alike, trying to identify anything by their face-tentacles is still something she struggle with. A glance around, though, and she blinks, before looking to Jake as if he might have a clue. She's used to making a big splash in Boston, a smaller splash in the Dreamlands (it's a big pool), but she's a decent ways from either. "Figured you'd be gettin' all the attention here."

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Amaryllis Armitage

Amaryllis squints, replying to the Mi-Go. "Well, they're awfully sore losers, ain't they? Still, I'm glad to have the warning, let me know if there's anything you need, okay?" She takes the bowl, saying to Jake, "It's not that they don't have real names or anythin', just it's an old-fashioned belief that sayin' their names gives them power, y'know? Our captain dropped the Watcher's name when he made the shift, so I guess there might be something religious to it all. We'll want to let the others know as soon as we get back." She takes a hunk of rice, perches a bit of meat on it, and then takes a bite, all the better to have mildly surprised look when she's asked for her autograph. Of course, she's ignorant as to her family history between her and The Watcher, but she knows enough to be well aware of the trouble involved.

Juggling her bowl and a pen, she leans over to do some signing... though it might be a bit of trouble in her line of work if she keeps getting noticed like this.

Got an Occult result of 4 to identify The Watcher as Yog-Sothoth in the context.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Amaryllis Armitage

"You'd think if they didn't want any trouble they wouldn't go around startin' it.", Amy says, taking another bite of the sour-spicced meat. "But thanks! We'll keep an eye out!", she says, waving to the Mi-Go and trying to navigate the fan attention. Her red eyes shift, though, left on edge by the encounter as she occasionally looks past somebody instead of at them.

Notice is +4, but I'll spend a fate point to have Shining Soldier of Kadath add +2 to the roll for a total of +6, since a soldier's supposed to have situational awareness!... or somesuch.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Amaryllis Armitage
Fate Points: 4 / 5

Amaryllis squints in sudden caution, trying to find an escape route. Reaching out to Jake, she tries to grab him, and then pulls, leaping away dramatically towards the nearest open area - a rooftop, if necessary. Lasers + crowd is generally a poor idea, and there wasn't much time for discussion.

Making an Athletics roll to make a great anime leap and carry Jake along. She'll contest him if necessary to do so, and has a 3.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Amaryllis Armitage
Fate Points: 4 / 5

"Because we've got company!", Amaryllis says to Jake, swinging around as she lands on the roof. "In the name of the Dark Pharaoh, and the ancient laws-", her speech starts, only to be rudely cut off by a spider-man pouncing on her as she's knocked to the roof.

Got a 3 on Athletics, but I'll invoke Elegance in Brutality and Violence to spend a Fate Point to raise it to a 5, which will at least keep them from succeeding with style.

"- hey! It's rude to interrupt me in the middle of the speech, y'know!", she says, struggling with the tager. Her eyegaunts whisk over, zeroing in on her with bad wings. "Fine, you wanna play dirty, I can play dirty, too!", she adds, as the eyegaunts lash out with red beams from multiple angles as she tries to zap the tager... not as powerful as her own, but effective enough combined. Mind, it's a little hard for her to concentrate on aiming when a spider is trying to claw her face off...

Fighting is a 3 to try and zap the tager attacking her for damage: 4.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Amaryllis Armitage
Fate Points: 3 / 5

Amaryllis squints as she struggles against the clawed appendages for a moment. "Gettin' tired of you tagers, don't you know who you're dealin' with?", she says, freeing a hand. A flick of her wrist, and she makes a crimson orb of energy. "You got your power from some bug from out've this world, and I got my power from an outer god." With that, she closes her hand into a fist, as the orb reshapes into a lance, or rather, reshapes sharply with the tager right in the way.

"Scarlet Lance!"

Rolling Fighting and only getting a 2. Well. Going to activate an aspect with a a Fate Point using Mahou Shoujo no Nyaruratohotepu to reroll, which improves that to a 4. Adding the boost Too Close to Miss, and that should be a 6 total with Damage:4.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Amaryllis Armitage
Fate Points: 2 / 5

A yank, and the lance levers the once-tager off of Amaryllis as she stands. "I guess some people make awful choices in life, huh?", she says to Jake, before looking over at the kinetically propelled Arthur. "Wait, what's he doin' here, all dressed up?" With a hop, she springs after, heading along the rooftops as she moves to catch up, tapping her radio as she moves. "Jake an' I got our dinner interrupted by some people that thought they were spiders, and now I'm ren-de-vous-ing with Arthur."

And then, her eyegaunts largely part from her save for one, skimming over the city as she starts to try and get a location on all of her... squad-mates? Close enough description, anyway.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Amaryllis Armitage

A hop, and Amaryllis lands near Arthur. She waves to the crowd, and then one of her eyes flutters near Lutwidge as if making a show of seeing him. "We need to meet up with Raspers and Pinchy right away at the park, looks like they've got somebody t'save.", she clarifies. "Looks like Yoggy's tryin' to keep us all busy while he takes care of business. This whole thing is a real mess, but we ain't lost just yet." Turning that direction, she says, "I can see 'em now, let's get moving!", before starting off in that direction in a real hurry.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Amaryllis Armitage

Landing atop a lamppost, Amy frowns. "Yeah, she may be the one gettin' jumped, but it don't exactly seem right to let her just eat those guys-"

"In the name of the Dark Pharaoh, and the ancient laws of the Outer Gods-", she starts, and gets to swing her arm aside, looking at the octopoid monster. "- the stars are not right for your ascent! Prepare to be punished!" She frowns, and brings her arms close for an arcane gesture, before swinging her finger in a circle at Cthylla and the snapping her finger sharply. As her finger moves, red energy flares, and then moves to snap shut on the tentacled beast with the snap.

"BIND THE UNKNOWN!"

She'll be using Occult to try and apply a Troublesome Binding aspect on Cthylla! Got 5 successes to so do, since that's right in line with the warning. Up to you if that's worth the FP!

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Amaryllis Armitage

"Hey, I may not like these guys, but you ain't exactly childsafe neither.", Amaryllis replies, and then blinks as the tager starts to fling stuff at her. Hopping from lamppost to lamppost, she darts out of the way of each thrown object. "You really think you're going to be takin' me on with some leftover clown junk? Don't you know who the hell I am?!"

Athletics and Inviolate Dramatic Pose make that a 7 to avoid being disadvantaged!

Landing atop the roof of the sideshow itself, she puts her foot on an adorable monkey mascot attached to the show's sign. "Seriously, I've been takin' out tagers like you all week, and it ain't gettin' any fresher." With that, she shoves on the sign, kicking out, and sends the ceramic monkey crashing down towards the furious monster.

That's a Fighting of 6 to drop a monkey on the tager, and maybe I get a monkey-based weapon rating, maybe I don't, not sure how that sort of thing works!

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Amaryllis Armitage

"Just... put the tentacles down...", Amy says, raising a hand before frowning at herself. Was that a dumb thing to say? She looks between Jed and the bound crab, and finally manages a facepalm. "Okay, but you're responsible for anything that happens." A snap of her fingers, and the binding shatters and flickers out of existence. "So, what's Yoggy want with you, anyway?", she adds with a more accusatory tone, walking up. "Kind 'f a funny coincidence they're makin' such a mess and you're here, too..."

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Amaryllis Armitage

"Well, it's always more complicated than that, but havin' the blood grandchild of whoever you're summoning is an awful good place to start.", Amaryllis says as she walks up to Cythilla, "We certainly can't let you... get sacrificed." She has a serious look on her face, and looks to Jed. "Even if it didn't work, it's probably best to keep her dad dreamin'." Taking a deep breath, she closes her eyes for a moment, and then asks the princess, "You willin' to come with us for protection?" There's a look on her face that implies it's less 'are you going to come with us?' and more 'are you going to come peaceably?'.

Rolling Occult on this and coming up with a 1, so let's trigger Inheritor of the Armitage Legacy for a reroll. After all, this isn't the first time her family has dealt with Yog cultists! The reroll is 7... so... that's better!

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Amaryllis Armitage

Amy opens her mouth, but shuts it before saying something like 'well we don't exactly want you hanging around' or 'like your lazy dad ever does anything' or something similarly rude. Instead. she finally says, "Well, it sure was a good thing we were nosy this time, huh?", with a wave of her hand. "Don't worry, we're not gonna keep you, just, you know, make sure you're safe until this's blown over." She forces a grin, though it's a little eerie underneath a shadowed hood at night.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Amaryllis Armitage

"Eh? Didn't you see?", Amaryllis says, looking up in her Leng: Where Everybody Is Delicious t-shirt. "I'm magical, y'know?" A bat-eye lands on her fingertip as she holds it up. "Helped out a big deal deity from the Dreamlands, and, well, still help him sometimes. There's kind of an old science, most people call it magic, but it's more like an old understanding of the universe that was developed a long time ago. It's why most of the Old Ones still run on it, 'cause they're old enough to complain about the lousy constellations we have today."

"And what's with you? That didn't look like any kind of combat armor I've seen. Couldn't you get Miskies to pony up for something other than a jazzed-up spacesuit?", she adds rather bluntly. "I mean you're a good shot, they ought to give you some newer equipment, y'know?" She waves a hand before looking at the whiteboard - an old name for a newer LED interface. "And what do you think of these Yoggies? I never really did understand these guys always tryin' to summon something bigger than their hometown. I wonder what they're getting out of it?"

Going to exchange Vehicles +1 for... Stealth +1 instead. And that's all!

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Amaryllis Armitage

"Whatever they think they're gettin' out of it, we better figure out-" is about as far Amy gets before the loud interruption, squinting. "- oh, that guy." She pauses for a moment, and then continues. "Well, they were all working together, weren't they? I wonder if Lutwidge heard anything on his date?" That's a straightforward way of putting it. Opening up a laptop, she taps away at the touchscreen, and then expands the holo-interface out a bit to be more visible as she waits to see if she can get a visual as well as audio. "Hey, Doc, you mind having us peek in while I ask you a couple of questions?"

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Amaryllis Armitage

Amy makes a face as she looks on at the vivisection. Looking up to Arthur, she holds a hand in front of her face to block her view of it for a moment. "Wouldn't one place be as good as another, if they're just lookin' to use a relation t'open the gate? Still, I guess they'd want to have some theatre, cultists like to make a big show of that kind of thing, y'know?"

To Ludwidge, she asks, "Those two you took out for, ah, a dateterrogation, what didja find out? Do we have any idea who they were followin' yet? We know this wasn't their idea... we need t'find who's in charge. Then we'll have our cult."

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Amaryllis Armitage
Fate Points: 6 / 5

"It definitely is Yog-Sothoth... but..." Amy sighs. "... I don't know any place that's really special to them like Leng or R'lyeh. I don't know if Yog-Sothoth has really had a presence on Earth before, y'know? Given that we've still got an Earth here, anyway."

Starting out the Brainstorm rolls with Shining Soldier of Unknown Kadath and Occult and a total of 2, which is pretty dire. I won't worry about rerolling yet, though, go ahead and take the lead if you can!

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Amaryllis Armitage

"I still think who'll do it is awfully important, but I admit I got nothing on that.", Amy replies on the link, leaning on the table and then squinting at the book on the display. "If you think your fancy space math can help, though, I'd all ears.", she says, pushing herself up as she folds her arms. "I feel like I've got somethin' that's just out of reach, y'know? Just on the tip of my brain, but..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Amaryllis Armitage

Amy leans on the table, and then slaps it. "Well, Yog is associated with the Spheres of the Qliphoth, so that'd mean... what would that mean...?" She folds her arms, thinking as the accent seems to slide out of her voice, raising a finger each time she makes a point, leapfrogging over occult facts. "Yog-Sothoth would be associated with Samael and the perversion of creation, and the rumors that he was worshipped in old Samaria." She blinks, as if coming out of a trance, the Bostonian folding back into her speech. "Well, that's a long shot, y'know, but some think the castration of Samael to prevent him from breeding monsters was just an allegory for the barriers between our world and Yog-Sothoth's. Could be that they're tryin' t'use an old ritual site there?"

Rolling Occult again for a 4, but let's spend a point and invoke Inheritor of the Armitage Legacy to raise it to a 6.

• Locked thread