Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

I didn't know that The Beatles broke up because of her. This is infuriating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
my favorite john and yoko album is the one where they recorded themselves making GBS threads into tin buckets together on days they had really bad diarrhea. it's 2 hours of their diarrhea. they synchronized their making GBS threads schedules so they could make this album. it's amazing.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Tsinava posted:

my favorite john and yoko album is the one where they recorded themselves making GBS threads into tin buckets together on days they had really bad diarrhea. it's 2 hours of their diarrhea. they synchronized their making GBS threads schedules so they could make this album. it's amazing.
That's insanely dumb.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

This is going to be one of those things where I learn about Yoko Ono and then I start seeing her name everywhere.

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9kgu71d81U

talent

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQB__0vo2Rk

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i like the album thats just her saying "number 8" and hes burping after it

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW
The Beatles were a bunch of talentless hacks that were only successful as musicians because they had an uncanny ability to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
lmao friend have you seen the episode of the powerpuff girls where they parody that

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Apthous posted:

The Beatles were a bunch of talentless hacks that were only successful as musicians because they had an uncanny ability to appeal to the lowest common denominator.
Thanks Scaruffi.

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

Sir John Feelgood posted:

Thanks Scaruffi.

The Beatles from a talent perspective were no different than Milli Vanilli, The Jonas Brothers, Justin Bieber, or Rebecca Black. Art is subjective however, and what makes successful music doesn't always coincide with talent.

RAGE HOLE
Jun 7, 2006

Stendhal Stockholm
John Lennon was an abusive rear end in a top hat.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yoko, Oh No!

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

RAGE HOLE posted:

John Lennon was an abusive rear end in a top hat.

The only thing Richard Nixon ever did right was wishing that John Lennon was dead.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qEbqXlxDBM

such a good show...

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
hmm interesting all the bad albums came out after epstein croaked

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

I took a watery turd one time and considered it a homage to everything The Beatles ever produced.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yoko Kanno is better imo

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
wait. you fucker did not. just. DISS Rebecca Black ?!?! how dare you. shes ameicas sweethart,& relly good singer

takeit back. take it back NOW you BITHC FUCKER RETARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

quakster posted:

wait. you fucker did not. just. DISS Rebecca Black ?!?! how dare you. shes ameicas sweethart,& relly good singer

takeit back. take it back NOW you BITHC FUCKER RETARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't "diss" her, I just said she is just as talented as The Beatles were.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Everytime someone says Rebecca Black I forget the singer(?) and think they mean Claudia Black, the cool and good English actress who does tons of low-budget sci fi series

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
John Lennon hit Yoko Ono and forced her to go to all his recording sessions with him and made her go to the bathroom with him in fear she would run away with another man.

it's all 100% true. google it.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Apthous posted:

I didn't "diss" her, I just said she is just as talented as The Beatles were.
take it all back. you scum

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

Tsinava posted:

John Lennon hit Yoko Ono and forced her to go to all his recording sessions with him and made her go to the bathroom with him in fear she would run away with another man.

it's all 100% true. google it.

The biggest crime John Lennon ever committed was making his terrible music and forcing the world to listen to it. He may have assaulted one woman, but he also assaulted the ear drums of millions.

quakster posted:

take it all back. you scum

Nope. The Beatles were terrible musicians that were only successful because they were "cool".

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

they actually broke up bc of lovely personalities

RAGE HOLE
Jun 7, 2006

Stendhal Stockholm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNzYqzHmJss

One of my absolute favorite British Person impressions of all time at 1:40

Gunky Junket
Oct 30, 2014

by Ralp

Harime Nui posted:

lmao friend have you seen the episode of the powerpuff girls where they parody that

Lol this is funny because you're asking it as a legit question.. like someone might've seen that episode of PowerPuff Girls. :D

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
john lennon was a piece of poo poo human and made imagine, the worst weepiest bullshit ever. mccartney's solo career is enough to wreck most goodwill from his time in the beatles. ringo just got on the right ship.

obviously the best beatle was george.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Gunky Junket posted:

Lol this is funny because you're asking it as a legit question.. like someone might've seen that episode. :D

So you didn't watch Powerpuff Girls?

Made up my mind Gunky Junket, you're terbs.

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

shiksa posted:

obviously the best beatle was george.

The best Beatle was Mark David Chapman... or throat cancer.

Gunky Junket
Oct 30, 2014

by Ralp

Harime Nui posted:

Made up my mind Gunky Junket, you're terbs.

*gasps* You were supposed to decide that I'm "good"! You were supposed to choose wisely. >:-(

:D

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
ABBA was better than the Beatles.

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

Tsinava posted:

ABBA is better than the Beatles.

-Farts on stage
-Ironic haircut
-Does drugs
-Is the Beatles

RAGE HOLE
Jun 7, 2006

Stendhal Stockholm
I like Imagine though. Also So This Is Christmas. And Across the Universe. And Eleanor Rigby.
I like many Beatles songs. But John Lennon was an rear end in a top hat.

Also

quote:

Sir Paul McCartney has recalled how he, Harrison, and John Lennon held a séance in the early 1960s and admits he was stunned when they were apparently contacted by the ghost of his late mother.

The trio watched in amazement as an upturned tumbler on the Ouija board moved beneath their fingertips to spell out a message congratulating the Fab Four on a recent number one single - but they realized it was a prank when Harrison burst out laughing.

McCartney tells NME, "We once did a Ouija board thing when we were kids, it was just me, George... and John, I think... So we weren't really into all that, but somebody just said, 'Let's do it.'

Says McCartney:

"So we're touching the glass, you know, saying 'OK, nobody push it, OK?' So then, suddenly... whoa, it's moving! Now, my mum had died a couple of years before and it says, 'Congratulations... son...' And we're going, 'NO!' 'Congratulations... son... number one... In NME!' And so we were all, 'Oh, f**k off! There's no way she would know what NME was'. And there's George, you know (laughing). He'd been pushing it all the time! Bad boy!"

That is mean.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Gunky Junket posted:

*gasps* You were supposed to decide that I'm "good"! You were supposed to choose wisely. >:-(

:D

you use asterisks so you can't use youth as an excuse, you clearly had the opportunity to watch Powerpuff Girls

RAGE HOLE
Jun 7, 2006

Stendhal Stockholm

Harime Nui posted:

you use asterisks so you can't use youth as an excuse, you clearly had the opportunity to watch Powerpuff Girls

You make a good point. Don't let him get away with this, Harime.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Gunky Junket posted:

Lol this is funny because you're asking it as a legit question.. like someone might've seen that episode of PowerPuff Girls. :D
hate to break it to you but the pilot to ppg came out back in like, '96 or something and as a parody of superheroes and japanese crap the show is requisite goon knowledge. hand in your posting permit and take a good long walk

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
my favorite powerpuff girls episode is where the retarded clown gets drowned in bleach and becomes evil and then sucks the color out of everything and then bubbles sings a song and makes everything better again and the powerpuff girls beat the poo poo out of the clown and he goes to jail

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

Apthous posted:

-Farts on stage
-Ironic haircut
-Does drugs
-Is the Beatles

The fact that it apparently takes 8 posts to flesh out how edgy and contrarian you are is pretty sad

also you're a human being bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hounds
Nov 14, 2014
Those John and Yoko nudes were hot though.

• Locked thread