Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
odincode
Aug 12, 2010

People know what they do; frequently they know why they do what they do; but what they don't know is what what they do does.

Harime Nui posted:

I live off public funds to study land lease contracts of people who died 1,000 years ago, I mean I literally cannot justify my own existence even to myself haha

Knowledge is fun and important. Don't fall for the claim that there are only certain jobs that are 'real jobs', it's a flawed argument.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

odincode posted:

Knowledge is fun and important. Don't fall for the claim that there are only certain jobs that are 'real jobs', it's a flawed argument.

if you don;t work on your feet, you are part of the problem.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
You should memorize the wikipedia entry for gasoline and just talk about that all the time.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
ask people about their lives, but not in a creepy way

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Some people have cool stuff to tell I found out. Problem 1 they don't know it, 2 they won't tell you unless they are drunk/know you., 3 you see the same idiots everyday and it gets old

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i wish i had more brain problems so i could live off state funds, eating macaroni in bed all day.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

SniperWoreConverse posted:

"I'm a huge weird dumas"
-- The OP

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9p9Yr1U2KA

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

BKPR posted:

i wish i had more brain problems so i could live off state funds, eating macaroni in bed all day.

I do this, ama

Storgar
Oct 31, 2011

Apthous posted:

When you become an adult you realize that social interaction is completely useless.

Wow. This actually explains so many things about how lovely everyone is. We should all just hang ourselves right now.

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp
i never beat persona 4, and i don't believe for a second the gas station attendant did it.

i read the op, and i immediately wondered if all games i never beat have equally twist endings. its liek the most scooby-doo bullshit i could fathom

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Tautologicus posted:

Not a chemist either but gasoline never enters a gaseous state, it always remains heavier than air..fuel injectors spray it as a finely controlled mist and mix it with a finely controlled amount of air before it's all ignited together. It can be ignited in whatever form you want, that just wouldn't be effective at powering an engine.

Wrong gasoline vaporizes very well at atmospheric pressure. When you fill a bottle with gas and take a big huff that's not a mist that's actual gas vapor you're breathing

Also being heavier than air 8snt what nakes things a liquid or gas. for examlple co2 is heavier than air but still a gas

Basically op I recommend huffing gas that will solve your problem

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

krampster2 posted:

Bitch just get me the drat sausage roll and take my money it isn't hard holy poo poo.

Hey man I was browsing sausage making videos the other day and found some footage of pork sausage industry machinery

They actually liquify whole live infant pigs and stuff the paste in artificial casing. See OP there are worse places to work.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Nurel posted:

Hey man I was browsing sausage making videos the other day and found some footage of pork sausage industry machinery

They actually liquify whole live infant pigs and stuff the paste in artificial casing. See OP there are worse places to work.

lmao, really? i should eat more sausage

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Yup, regular pigbrains and pigshit on a bun, they don't even gut the beasts.

No wonder the frankfurter hot dog was invented in central Europe.

Here's some footage of liquified mammal consumption in early 40's Germany

editted to include rich historical content

Mr. Pickles fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Nov 20, 2014

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
post in e/n please

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Gladly, but what is an e/n and how do I implement it in my posts?

Reset Button
Jan 25, 2011

SniperWoreConverse posted:

"I'm a huge weird dumas"
-- The OP

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

dude that's what dumas looked like?

holy poo poo i shoulda known he was the grrm of his day

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
if it makes u feel better op i had two job interviews this week and almost certainly bombed on both of em cuz i dont schmooze well at all

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

bonvivant posted:

I'm supposed to be working at a gas station this week and I love drinking and I'm afraid the other 30 year old employees will make fun of my social anxiety.

Literally clerks haha

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

krampster2 posted:

A gas station (fuel station, it's a liquid you pesky americans) neighbours my work, the lady behind the counter is an uber bitch. Every time I go in to buy a sausage roll she loving rolls her eyes and acts like I'm an annoyance, idgi. Bitch just get me the drat sausage roll and take my money it isn't hard holy poo poo.

It's short for gasoline, the fuel used in the vast majority of American cars. hth

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
"so what makes you want to work in %INDUSTRY, mr randroid"
"haha well bob funny story but im literally going to blow my brains out in public if im still working my current job in a years time"

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

paranoid randroid posted:

"haha well bob funny story but im literally going to blow my brains out in public if im still working my current job in a years time"

i usually open with the suicide gambit, it takes some difficult play in the midgame but pays off really well if you manage it right

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

krampster2 posted:

A gas station (fuel station, it's a liquid you pesky americans)

:gas:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
well bob id say my strongest characteristic is my ability to ignore my own perpetual, sucking mediocrity for entire months at a time until i wake up in a cold sweat at the realization that this is, in fact, my life and not the lead-up to something better

haha also im a quick learner and readily accept leadership opportunities haha

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Nov 20, 2014

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

paranoid randroid posted:

I am very excited about having a job as a cog in the machine that is your giant company and pushing numbers around all day sir!

Incredibly excited

In 5 years I see myself definitely not drunk and face-down in a shallow ditch

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

well i'm hoping to move on from one job i hate now to another i'll hate in a few years

look paranoid, i think you're a pretty great poster bud, so at least you have that going for you

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

and yes you can use me as a reference, just buy me a medium frosty sometime

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im joking entirely, the interviewer (hot blond, 7.5/10) made bedroom eyes the entire time and did sexy emphasis on words (we're interested in... pursuing this matter) so now im gonna be VP of Hooch and Skirt Chasing for Sex Company 12

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

homg u lucky guy u totally got me

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

when did she take off her glasses and let her hair down at the same time and shake it all so it cascaded down really bodily? like five, seven minutes in? there's a lot of science indicating just how ready she was to go depending on how long this tooik

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
nah but for totally real i would love to walk into a room and have a guy go, sup we are willing to give you X dollars to do a job and not gently caress up. are you prepared for such a relationship y/n?

instead of this weird psychodrama dance where they like try to plumb you for weird oblique information with questions like "what do you think of when you hear the phrase business informatics?"

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

dude they paid upwards of a million dollars for a consulting firm to help them streamline their hiring analytics, kyou think theyre gonna let that poo poo go to waste by just asking you "do u have what it takes??"

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
their questions are getting stranger. i had a guy back in april ask if i thought modern art was art. i almost just straight up asked him what the correct answer was b/c i could not think of what information he was trying to transmit or glean or whatever

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

that was the question the guys in HR bet him he wouldnt ask and he won beer for the whole night the following friday.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
they are just getting more and more desperate to not make bad hires (despite the soft labor market?) so new means of reading the interview tea leaves are devised and implemented constantly

it's getting real weird, yeah

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

working for a company developing new strategies for interviews would be hilarious and probably quite lucrative

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

i moved recently and applied to target to try and get a quick job until i could find something else (lol they rejected me after an interview, was like drat son); their online application includes a questionnaire, and the questions on that 50 loving page masterpiece were really fascinating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
who do i talk to about getting into hiring analytics, i want to throw potential hires into a magical realism world where the man who is holding their career in his hands is wearing a novelty dr seuss hat and asking them deeply bizarre questions in rhyming couplets

• Locked thread