Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
You just say you don't have a job and no income / money and file for Medicaid while on the hospital bed then it's free ezpz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum

Drunk Nerds posted:

We now have two beautiful healthy two-year-old boys and zero debt.

I wonder which one is the alpha that absorbed the beta missing one

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
http://youtu.be/E9tHJ-cm338

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum

ArbitraryC posted:

Medical insurance is the weirdest thing. You spend years paying into something and then when you finally need it they'll come up with some excuse as to why this particular claim isn't covered. Why is it even a thing in first world countries.

Now it's mandated by law and is more expensive, oh and it's more expensive. Thanks obama.

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
No, I agree, it's better to spend 400$ a month on insurance that won't cover anything

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
I'm just guessing that some people aren't thinking correctly after a traumatic event or illness, or maybe their relatives/friends are retarded. You don't have to do much to lie about your job/money/identity/whatever and have a large black woman nurse come to you who knows all the ins and outs of getting your medical bills for free through Medicaid. Honestly I'm speaking from experience with a ~750,000$ bill and an even longer stay than hers in a probably better hospital with my own room. Of course, my experience was before Obamacare so I don't know if it works now, you might have to pay a million dollars and everything I typed was completely irrelevant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum

Melmac posted:

Yes, you can do this.

You can also open up fake bank accounts, bounce checks, you can also make photocopies of driver's licenses and drive!

My smug point is that yes you can do it but it is considered fraud/illegal.

The hospital doesn't care, actually they try to make your stay nicer because you're just a blank check they can mail into the government. I don't know about you but I would rather the government gets defrauded than I do. Besides, they pay billions of dollars a year to Israel and even more to other countries for no reason as foreign aid... but we're going to be stuck with hospital bills? No thanks, I don't care.

• Locked thread