Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Chief@Raiders: What more is there to say about this game?

Browns@Falcons: The Falcons are about to lose... at home... to the loving Browns. Oh my God, why the Browns? I know they're a pretty good team this year, but come on, man... why does my 7/9 play-off berth dream have to be shattered? Why do the loving Browns have to be the team to shatter it?

Titans@Eagles: Mark Sanchez vs Zach Mettenberger. Are the announcers gonna do burritos vs burgers for the traits of the respective signal callers? Nah, it's too risky, Mark Sanchez would probably find his way to those buns too.

Lions@Patriots: There is a non-zero chance that Brady get dick-kicked in this game, and I'd be watching for that alone. There's no chance this is the national broadcast game, so go in there an LIONS BITCH!

Packers@Vikings: Some guy named Aaron is going to throw a lot of touchdowns.

Jaguars@Colts: I haven't managed to catch a colts game all year, but I'm gonna go ahead and apologize to the Jaguars now.

Bengals@Texans: This game looks like it could, at the very least, be fun to watch if it plays out as expected. Likely, though, one side is going to end up breaking it off in the other.

Jets@Bills: God I wish this was the national broadcast. Sweet, delicious, garbage-time football! Kyle Orton vs Mike Vick in a game with little post-season implications.

Buccaneers@Bears: The game we've all been waiting for. Lovie Smith is going to stick it to his former team, and stick it good, best of all, he's going to do it with their former back-up and... I can't keep doing this. Cutler snaps his losing streak.

Cardinals@Seahawks: Go Cards!

Rams@Chargers: I don't think the Rams can be as good as they were last week again, but I don't think they have to be to take out these seriously injury riddled Chargers.

Dolphins@Broncos: gently caress you, Peyton! I cannot wait for the Grimes pick six.

Redskins@49ers: gently caress this game. How is this a loving 4:25 game?

Cowboys@Giants: Game of the week right here and has implications in control of the NFC East. I think this is a trap game and the Giants some how come out on top.

Ravens@Saints: Well, this is easy for me. I hate the Saints and I like the Ravens. Go bird teams! Brees is probably going to carve up the Baltimore secondary and I just don't see the Saints dropping 3 home games in a row (3 home games in a row?) That's right, how the gently caress did the Saints get 3 back to back home-games against arguably the hardest opponents in the back-half of their schedule? This poo poo is fixed!

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Nov 20, 2014

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Bengals@Texans

The series is tied 3-3. The last three were won by the Texans. Two were playoff appearances.

Two bad defenses, two mediocre offenses. Arian Foster is in, Vontaze Burfict is out. Foster is too good and won't be shut down like Ingram was last week. It'll be a squeaker but I bet the Texans pull it out because of Mallett. The Bengals are always bad against QBs with not a lot of tape.

The Oline is good but will really be put to the test with Watt/Clowney.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
Honestly I don't know how bad the Bengals defense is, but if you go by points allowed, I bet neither defense is 30th/28th like those rankings say. I know the Texans give up a lot of yards, but don't give up as many points unless the offense is loving things up left and right.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
The Atlanta Defense has actually been playing pretty well the last several weeks. Granted it's been against dysfunctional offenses, but ain't Cleveland just?

The Atlanta offense has sputtered and turned into soft, wet poo poo, though. The Cleveland D is definitely better than Atlanta's, so I think they wind up winning the game.

How's Cleveland's kicker? If he's bad, that might mean the Falcons win.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chilichimp posted:

Chief@Raiders: What more is there to say about this game?

Here, have a useless stat that means nothing but will still worry me while I watch what is going to be a super ugly game:

quote:

But there's this matter of the 0-10 Raiders. The Chiefs don't have a good record against teams that are winless this late in the season. They're just 1-3 against teams 0-10 or worse.

In 2000, the Chiefs lost 17-16 to the 0-11 San Diego Chargers. That was the only game the Chargers won that season.

The Chiefs also lost 17-16 to the 0-11 Oilers in 1984 and 28-20 to the 0-11 Chargers in 1975. The Chiefs, who were still the Dallas Texans then, beat the 0-10 Raiders 35-7 in 1962.

e: For some actual dumb stuff important for that game KC will probably be down to Bowe and a bunch of guys you haven't heard of at receiver again. Travis Kelce is going to play and Anthony Fasano has a decent shot. PFF loves Khalil Mack against the run but the Raiders raw stats don't look like anything special (half of that is being behind all the time I'd imagine).

It'll probably be really ugly and I'll worry a lot but KC ought to win in theory.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Nov 20, 2014

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Chilichimp posted:

Lions@Patriots: There is a non-zero chance that Brady get dick-kicked in this game, and I'd be watching for that alone. There's no chance this is the national broadcast game, so go in there an LIONS BITCH!

bad news

Funny the major metros get the ari@sea game, but the rural areas don't.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Qwijib0 posted:

bad news

gently caress YOU, ATLANTA! gently caress YOU RIGHT UP THE rear end!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The Chargers will Win and it will be fairly easily. 27-10.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
The weather is going to be really lovely in Minnesota and the Packers are probably going to win because they're better than Minnesota in every phase of the game.

Thank you that is my analysis.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I don't understand. I thought the Bengals were supposed to have a good defense and the Texans have JJ Watt who can do anything and everything...

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Chilichimp posted:

Redskins@49ers: gently caress this game. How is this a loving 4:25 game?

Because playing a home game at 10am would be idiotic? I'd have to get up at seven in the loving morning on a weekend just to barely make it to Santa Clara by kickoff, and they'd be cutting off alcohol at, like, noon. It's bad enough when it's an away game.

I really wish the league would just abandon the "national game" concept and just never schedule West Coast teams in the early slot.

Also, why is SF local TV showing the Lions/Pats instead of the enormously important game between our two division rivals?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Qwijib0 posted:

bad news

Why in the gently caress does only that little slice of California get the loving NFC West divisional game?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

In case you missed it:

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes

rjmccall posted:

Also, why is SF local TV showing the Lions/Pats instead of the enormously important game between our two division rivals?

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Why in the gently caress does only that little slice of California get the loving NFC West divisional game?

Exclusivity rule: Absolutely no other game can air at the same time when your local team is playing at home (Week 17 and some extreme circumstances notwithstanding) This week both San Francisco and San Diego are hosting games late, so no one in California except for Imperial County is allowed to see Cardinals - Seahawks.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

So Lions @ Patriots.

It's pretty clear the Patriots won't play like they did against the Colts, where they played with 6 offensive linemen on half their snaps and just ran like crazy. Honestly, if you play fantasy, don't start Jonas Gray, he's probably going to get <10 carries.

Lions statistically are the best defense, and their dline vs the Patriots oline should be a significant mismatch in their favor. I'd expect the Patriots to play them like they did the Broncos, going back to a heavy passing attack, short drops and quick throws. One area where the Lions are weak is passes to running backs, so probably a whole lot more Vereen then Gray. Edelman played sparingly against the Colts after he banged up his hamstring, so that's something to watch.

Defensively, the Patriots will probably stick Revis on Calvin, at least we're all hoping to get to watch that. Beyond that, the Patriots struggle to cover tight ends, and the run defense is very suspect, though Detroit's rushing offense has been pretty bad, so this is probably going to be a game with 75+ pass attempts between the two teams.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I've actually heard the assumption was Revis on Tate because there's no way Browner can keep up with the way he cuts and runs. And then Browner on Calvin for maximum hilarity.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Detroit's defense has played well all year. Even with Touchdown Tom they should keep a decent lid on the Pats offense.

That said, the Lions offense is total garbage. They don't use the tight ends at all, the run game is non-existent, the offensive line is trash. When you get bad, inaccurate Matt Stafford it's nothing but three and outs all afternoon. Hell they didn't even target Tate in the second half of the Arizona game.

Lombardi is the reverse Teryl Austin.

On edit I'll lay more blame on Caldwell for the offense. He seems to love lovely offense. (sans Peyton)

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

No Butt Stuff posted:

I've actually heard the assumption was Revis on Tate because there's no way Browner can keep up with the way he cuts and runs. And then Browner on Calvin for maximum hilarity.

That would make sense, that's how they handled Thomas against the Broncos, and Hilton against the Colts.

Even Kyle Arrington can cover TY Hilton as long as there's a safety married to him as well.

But gently caress man, who doesn't want to watch Calvin vs Revis all day?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Atticus Finch posted:

This is kind of a big mystery at this point. Yeah Watt of course is going to be a beast, but Clowney has played so little that we can't really know what to expect. He probably won't start, I'd expect ~35-45 snaps mostly in passing situations. I'd be surprised if Clowney has a very big impact on the game, maybe he'll make a play or two

~sighs and stares wistfully at Mack~

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Atticus Finch posted:

Bengals@Texans

At least it looks like Andre Smith will be back. Marshall Newhouse has been loving atrocious since Smith has been gone.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Qwijib0 posted:

bad news

This is amazing. How on earth is the Cardinals Seahawks game not the national game?

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Danny LaFever posted:

Detroit's defense has played well all year. Even with Touchdown Tom they should keep a decent lid on the Pats offense.

That said, the Lions offense is total garbage. They don't use the tight ends at all, the run game is non-existent, the offensive line is trash. When you get bad, inaccurate Matt Stafford it's nothing but three and outs all afternoon. Hell they didn't even target Tate in the second half of the Arizona game.

Lombardi is the reverse Teryl Austin.

On edit I'll lay more blame on Caldwell for the offense. He seems to love lovely offense. (sans Peyton)

Whoever is calling plays for the Lions certainly does suck. I am unsure if that is Lombardi or Caldwell as Caldwell claims that all play calls go through him, but still. Austin is amazing. I still advocate for promoting him to HC and making Caldwell's job just standing there looking stoic and a bit confused.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Chilichimp posted:

The Atlanta Defense has actually been playing pretty well the last several weeks. Granted it's been against dysfunctional offenses, but ain't Cleveland just?

The Atlanta offense has sputtered and turned into soft, wet poo poo, though. The Cleveland D is definitely better than Atlanta's, so I think they wind up winning the game.

How's Cleveland's kicker? If he's bad, that might mean the Falcons win.

I think he's 16/20 with a long of 52. He's ok but he's no Phil Dawson.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
seattle is hosed

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

wheez the roux posted:

seattle is hosed

I still accept you wheez :glomp:

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Ramadu posted:

I still accept you wheez :glomp:

i'n glad to have such a strong support net in these trying times of being slightly above average

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Ramadu posted:

This is amazing. How on earth is the Cardinals Seahawks game not the national game?

Still flyin' under the radar :cool:

wheez the roux posted:

seattle is hosed

Gently Caressed

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

wheez the roux posted:

seattle is hosed

I can't wait to spend 3 hours yelling at my television.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

panascope posted:

I can't wait to spend 3 hours yelling at my television.

This has legitimately become my Sunday game plan. I don't even drink anymore, because if I had kept the rate up necessary to continue enjoying the poo poo Mike Smith trots out weekly, I'd have a lot of hospital bills.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

This has legitimately become my Sunday game plan. I don't even drink anymore, because if I had kept the rate up necessary to continue enjoying the poo poo Mike Smith trots out weekly, I'd have a lot of hospital bills.

It's gonna be really funny when the Falcons win the division at 7-9 6-10 and then somehow win a playoff game.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I feel like I say this every week they play, but I'm concerned about this Cowboys/Giants game. Division games are never easy, and I think the Giants are hellbent on playing spoiler.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

I feel like I say this every week they play, but I'm concerned about this Cowboys/Giants game. Division games are never easy, and I think the Giants are hellbent on playing spoiler.

it's going to be an nfc east shitshow, which is the best kind of shitshow.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

Jets@Bills: God I wish this was the national broadcast. Sweet, delicious, garbage-time football! Kyle Orton vs Mike Vick in a game with little post-season implications.

In an amusing addition, there is still doubt about where this game is going to be played. Orchard Park (where the stadium is) got four feet of snow in a 24 hour period on Tuesday and got hit again with another two feet today. The entire area around it has been under a travel ban for three days. There is a significant non-zero chance that the stadium will not be clear in time and that the roads and parking will not be accessable either.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Tempest_56 posted:

In an amusing addition, there is still doubt about where this game is going to be played. Orchard Park (where the stadium is) got four feet of snow in a 24 hour period on Tuesday and got hit again with another two feet today. The entire area around it has been under a travel ban for three days. There is a significant non-zero chance that the stadium will not be clear in time and that the roads and parking will not be accessable either.

Even God doesn't want this game to be seen.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Chilichimp posted:

Even God doesn't want this game to be seen.

could God make a matchup so bad, even TFF wouldn't watch it?

No.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Shinjobi posted:

I think it's possible we take this one from you for sure, but it's obviously not likely.

Giants are more injured this time around, the defense has gotten worse (significantly worse) and the offense is on a downturn. Last time we played our team was pretty much done in by our coaching insisting on the run game and a couple of big turnovers (Namely Donnell's fumble). Outside that we hung with you fairly well. I don't see our insistence on the run going away, but we do have Jennings back and he's a little better than Andre Williams and Peyton Hillis. The issue is our run blocking, which is still atrocious. I don't predict the run game to do jack poo poo.

Pass game is different. We've had some injuries and Eli isn't being protected as well as he was before, and it came to disaster last week. Eli isn't good under pressure anymore, and if you get to him it's going to be another bad game. If he has time though, the pass game will be fine. OBJ is the real deal and as long as Donnell holds onto the ball and Randle isn't too stupid the pass O might be alright.

We also lost Prince, who did a respectable job on Dez last time even though Dez still played well.

We are getting worse, and unless we get the Brandon Weeden experience or Murray gets hurt poo poo is hosed and I don't expect a victory here.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
The Cowboys having good coordinators do all the real work for Garrett has kind of killed their random meltdown potential. Now they're like a real football team whenever Romo isn't especially crippled that day.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Ramadu posted:

Drew Stanton

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

wheez the roux posted:

could God make a matchup so bad, even TFF wouldn't watch it?

No.

TFF barely watched Broncos/Raiders a few years ago, that thread had like 7 pages and most of it was Big Bob descending into madness

(might be misremembering that. Chiefs/Texans SNF definitely had almost no following a few years back though)

• Locked thread