Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tao of lmao

MMO HMO thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681326

Blocks, you say?

Trove is a free to play Minecraft-clone made by Trion Worlds. It combines simple MMO structure (levels, loot, dungeons, guilds) with a surprisingly deep build mode that allows you tons of creative freedom. We'd love for you to come play with us.

The structure

Trove is broken into two main modes: Adventure Mode and Club World. In adventure mode, you're dropped into a procedurally generated world full of enemies, dungeons, and loot. There are no "groups" per se, rather everyone on the player-side is considered a group, and minerals and quest-progress are shared if you're close enough to others. The game is simple enough that you can easily solo content if you want, but it's advantageous for guilds, or clubs as they're called in Trove, to adventure together, effectively multiplying all ore and loot by the number of people nearby. As you kill things and complete quests, you gain xp and money which can be used to buy additional classes. Since new worlds are generated constantly, you unfortunately can't really build in them. Instead, you are given a small plot of land on which you can build called a Cornerstone, which you can plop on any of the pre-determined spots throughout the world. This acts as both a home base and respawn location should you happen to die (which btw, there's only a small penalty to magic-find for. no lost loot or gear)

Club world is your guild's private sandbox. You can bring spoils from adventure mode to your club world and use them to build whatever the hell you want.

Our small group started with a tiny little tree house that has expanded to new biomes and tunnels and castles and magrail tracks and coffee cups? Here you can pretty much dub around doing whatever. We've got lots of land and not enough builders. That's where you come in! We would love for you to join our little group and build/kill stuff with us. It's totally free, so all you're investing is whatever time it takes to download and start an account! DO IT! (no really, do it)

If you want to join, just post your character's name ITT and myself or some of the other club officers will shoot you an invite.

Bonus image:

I put duckie in the girl-box while she was idle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Driver Dad
i read about this. it's interesting. gonna try it out

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
this game is cool and fun.

FluffieDuckie

wth posted:

Bonus image:

I put duckie in the girl-box while she was idle

the girl box didn't have any doors or windows so i had to fight my way out with my spatula. i've since forgiven him since he forgave me for accidentally blowing a hole in the wall of his tree house.

this is my cornerstone house i take around with me when i'm out fighting skeleton men

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Scaly Haylie

oh gently caress this looks good. i'll see you guys there when i burn out on wow whenever that happens

Al Borland

by XyloJW
Is it French?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

tao of lmao

Oh, yeah I suppose I should say it's still a Beta and there are occasional bugs, but never anything game-breaking (dungeons not spawning the boss is the worst i've seen yet). They're adding new content all the time, though. Just Tuesday they added a new class and a new biome.

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

none of the words in the thread title make sense to me

tao of lmao

Awesome! posted:

none of the words in the thread title make sense to me

they didn't/don't to duckie, either, but that didn't stop her!

FluffieDuckie

wth posted:

they didn't/don't to duckie, either, but that didn't stop her!

trove: an mmo that's easy enough for duckie to play, but challenging enough for everyone else to play

alnilam

This looks fun i will play it with u soon

Eye of Widesauron

This game looks pretty good and fun.

tao of lmao

Widestancer posted:

This game looks pretty good and fun.

It's

Eye of Widesauron

Since the MMO goons all hate me and aren't nearly as fun as the people here can I play with you guys

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
we have a toaster next to the coffee cup now. no better time to join.

FluffieDuckie

Widestancer posted:

Since the MMO goons all hate me and aren't nearly as fun as the people here can I play with you guys

yes. just post your username once you have it and i'll invite you. i got promoted and can't wait to start mashing invite buttons

tao of lmao

Brillo_Pad posted:

we have a toaster next to the coffee cup now. no better time to join.

oh poo poo i have to see this

FluffieDuckie

brillo's an artist

Eye of Widesauron

FluffieDuckie posted:

yes. just post your username once you have it and i'll invite you. i got promoted and can't wait to start mashing invite buttons

Okay im downloading it now

I need a new hard drive soon games using uncompressed audio are murdering my space available :(

tao of lmao

motherfucker built a toaster

tao of lmao

Now make two fried eggs but they're holding hands. Breakfast land is all about togetherness and friendship.

City of Glompton

sounds like fun. username: siluvayne

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

FluffieDuckie

Siluvayne posted:

sounds like fun. username: siluvayne

inviting you now

City of Glompton

:) I am still downloading...a few more minutes

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

tao of lmao

oh, you have to be online to accept friend/guild requests btw

Siluvayne posted:

:) I am still downloading...a few more minutes

ahh

nvm no cake

it's super cool and the art style is really trippy and unique

Drunk Driver Dad
my laptop hung at the loading then i got irate and shut it down instead of waiting. ill try again shortly

Devil Bird Thing

Pardon me, do you have a moment to speak about our Lord & Savior, Devil Bird Thing?
In less than 2 hours of play, I have a loving chicken hat. Like a coonskin cap, but a loving chicken.

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
i just got a sword that is literally a unicycle

emmie

is any byobuddies playing right now? if so i will install this thing

FluffieDuckie

this is a cornerstone house that doesn't belong to any yobbers, but someone was being very creative. kind of puts my little duckie to shame

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

emmie posted:

is any byobuddies playing right now? if so i will install this thing

had logged off for the night but if you need an invite later today my ingame name is brillo

Lil Cunty

FluffieDuckie posted:

the girl box didn't have any doors or windows so i had to fight my way out with my spatula. i've since forgiven him since he forgave me for accidentally blowing a hole in the wall of his tree house.

this is my cornerstone house i take around with me when i'm out fighting skeleton men

oh! you built your duck! its good as hell!

maybe some helpful and artistic friend *looks pointedly at brillo* will help me design a spacepug for my rooftop

ty crap

ty landy

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
should just make the whole thing a big pug. my cornerstone is currently a larger version of the coffee cup

GoodbyeTurtles

:suezo:

oh poo poo man, i'm in the cyberfuture, bouncing on a meme with my cool dude shades

dont mind me, i'm just chillin with my DUCK GUNS in an ice cave like its nbd

FluffieDuckie

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

oh poo poo man, i'm in the cyberfuture, bouncing on a meme with my cool dude shades

dont mind me, i'm just chillin with my DUCK GUNS in an ice cave like its nbd

so jealous of the duck guns

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

wth posted:

Now make two fried eggs but they're holding hands. Breakfast land is all about togetherness and friendship.

this should happen, but maybe with an egg and a slice of bacon. lets get to work guys.

Lil Cunty

Brillo_Pad posted:

this should happen, but maybe with an egg and a slice of bacon. lets get to work guys.

im way into this. i love that we are building a breakfast village next to the treehouse

ty crap

ty landy

Al Borland

by XyloJW
I'm playing Wakfu. Bonjour I am a greedy old man who makes it rain money and treasure.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie

Al Borland posted:

I'm playing Wakfu. Bonjour I am a greedy old man who makes it rain money and treasure.

that's not very greedy

• Locked thread